Chgz

Mar 9, 2016
Uk
✟7,692.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
I know that this can totaly be taken the wrong way but I am asking this seriously.
I'm kinda new to being a dedicated christian and I want to be more true to myself and god. I want to know what is considerd taboo and what will get me into hell that kind of thing.
I know that being gay is considerd a big no no to a lot of people but to some they see it as totaly fine if nobody is getting hurt and everyone is happy. I kind of asosiate BDSM and S&M to be in the same catagory but to be honest I dont really know if someone would be ok to get into it or if it is also a big no no.

What are your thoughts and oppinions?

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I know that this can totaly be taken the wrong way but I am asking this seriously.I'm kinda new to being a dedicated christian and I want to be more true to myself and god. I want to know what is considerd taboo and what will get me into hell that kind of thing.I know that being gay is considerd a big no no to a lot of people but to some they see it as totaly fine if nobody is getting hurt and everyone is happy. I kind of asosiate BDSM and S&M to be in the same catagory but to be honest I dont really know if someone would be ok to get into it or if it is also a big no no.What are your thoughts and oppinions?

God is concerned about loving relationships where you don't take advantage of
your partners weaknesses or the shared intimacy of your partner. I think what
you mentioned would be considered abuse of the situation for personal pleasure.

Reactions: Chgz
Upvote 0

Chgz

Mar 9, 2016
Uk
✟7,692.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
God is concerned about loving relationships where you don't take advantage of
your partners weaknesses or the shared intimacy of your partner. I think what
you mentioned would be considered abuse of the situation for personal pleasure.
I understand what you meen, but I am intorested in best case senarios that kind of thing. Where both people are very willing and are enjoying them selfs. Nobody is doing anything they dont want to do, and its all about respecting each others wishes and exploring what each other enjoys. It can be done in a wrong way where one person isnt into it and is talked into it and I suppose thats takeing advantage of them or if someone has been abused before and dosnt really know what they want (if you know what I meen).

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I understand what you meen, but I am intorested in best case senarios that kind of thing. Where both people are very willing and are enjoying them selfs. Nobody is doing anything they dont want to do, and its all about respecting each others wishes and exploring what each other enjoys. It can be done in a wrong way where one person isnt into it and is talked into it and I suppose thats takeing advantage of them or if someone has been abused before and dosnt really know what they want (if you know what I meen).

But everybody has weaknesses that should not be exploited for personal gain.
Likely we all would enjoy the effects of cocaine but to take pleasure in offering
it to others and sharing in your weaknesses is not good.

As a milder example, leaving an after work party, a co-worker blasted through
a red-light in a busy intersection. We were both doing what we enjoyed.
But I have stopped drinking with co-workers because I don't want to
encourage excess drinking among my co-workers. Now I only have a beer
or two or wine at home. They may still binge drink...but not while ion my watch.

My responsibility is to not exploit my weakness for pleasure and that of others.
Outside of a committed relationship that is. Inside a committed relationship
one must deal with the consequences. Like if my wife drinks too much wine
I must watch her throw up hugging the toilet. So to avoid that picture in my
head, I do not drink too much, plus,I assist her in not drinking too much, in a very loving way.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chgz
Upvote 0

Chgz

Mar 9, 2016
Uk
✟7,692.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
But everybody has weaknesses that should not be exploited for personal gain.
Likely we all would enjoy the effects of cocaine but to take pleasure in offering
it to others and sharing in your weaknesses is not good.

As a milder example, leaving an after work party, a co-worker blasted through
a red-light in a busy intersection. We were both doing what we enjoyed.
But I have stopped drinking with co-workers because I don't want to
encourage excess drinking among my co-workers. Now I only have a beer
or two or wine at home. They may still binge drink...but not while ion my watch.

My responsibility is to not exploit my weakness for pleasure and that of others.
Outside of a committed relationship that is. Inside a committed relationship
one must deal with the consequences. Like if my wife drinks too much wine
I must watch her throw up hugging the toilet. So to avoid that picture in my
head, I assist her in not drinking too much, in a very loving way.

Wow thank you, you really put it in a way I can understand better!

Upvote 0

bling

Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟794,962.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There are just so many wonderful good things to do in this world that will edify others and help us all grow Spiritually. To do stuff that is even "questionable" does not edify and can hurt your weaker brother or sister. This what Christ might do in your situation?

Upvote 0

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
...I'm kinda new to being a dedicated christian and I want to be more true to myself and god. I want to know what is considerd taboo and what will get me into hell that kind of thing...

Actually Bible promises eternal life for those who are righteous. And I have understood that righteousness is more than actions, it is like right understanding and attitude, which makes person do right actions.

These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.
Mat. 25:46

The condition for eternal life is not that we live according to some rule. It is possible to get into God’s kingdom, even if we have not obeyed God’s law perfectly, as you may notice from this:

"Don't think that I came to destroy the law or the prophets. I didn't come to destroy, but to fulfill. For most assuredly, I tell you, until heaven and earth pass away, not even one smallest letter or one tiny pen stroke shall in any way pass away from the law, until all things are accomplished. Whoever, therefore, shall break one of these least commandments, and teach others to do so, shall be called least in the Kingdom of Heaven; but whoever shall do and teach them shall be called great in the Kingdom of Heaven.
Mat. 5:17-19

Paul even said that everything is lawful for disciples of Jesus.

”All things are lawful for me," but not all things are expedient. "All things are lawful for me," but I will not be brought under the power of anything.
1 Corinthians 6:12

"All things are lawful for me," but not all things are profitable. "All things are lawful for me," but not all things build up."
1 Corinthians 10:23

But not all is good for us. So, if we think is something sin or wrong, I think it should be taught is it harmful. I have understood that if we reject God, it is sin and harmful. So I think it would be wise not to reject God in any situation. But things can be harmful also in physical way. So, to answer is something ok, I think you should think, is it harmful, if not, then it is not probably wrong or sin. If married couple does together something that they like, I think it could be ok, at least if it doesn’t cause harm and if persons doesn’t reject God. I think the same is with every possible action that people could do, if person doesn’t reject God and doesn’t do harm, I don’t think it is wrong. But obviously sometimes it may be difficult to see what is really harmful, especially if there is contradiction with what person wants and what he knows is good and right.

And lastly I want to remind, if we love God, we want to do his will.

For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments. His commandments are not grievous.
1 John 5:3

And His will is according to the Bible in this:

Owe no one anything, except to love one another; for he who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the law. For the commandments, "You shall not commit adultery," "You shall not murder," "You shall not steal," "You shall not give false testimony," "You shall not covet," [TR adds "You shall not give false testimony,"] and whatever other commandments there are, are all summed up in this saying, namely, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself." Love doesn't harm a neighbor. Love therefore is the fulfillment of the law.
Romans 13:8-10

And if you want to better understand what righteousness means, you can read more from here:
http://www.kolumbus.fi/r.berg/Righteous.html

Upvote 0

Merlin

Paradigm Buster
Sep 29, 2005
Avalon Island
✟17,437.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
I know that this can totaly be taken the wrong way but I am asking this seriously.
I'm kinda new to being a dedicated christian and I want to be more true to myself and god. I want to know what is considerd taboo and what will get me into hell that kind of thing.
I know that being gay is considerd a big no no to a lot of people but to some they see it as totaly fine if nobody is getting hurt and everyone is happy. I kind of asosiate BDSM and S&M to be in the same catagory but to be honest I dont really know if someone would be ok to get into it or if it is also a big no no.

What are your thoughts and oppinions?

The marriage bed is undefiled.
That basically means that anything is ok as far as what you do within the context of marriage.
This also means that both spouses need to agree on everything.
But if one does not want to share in this activity then it should be forbidden.
It is intensely pleasurable, but it is not for everyone.

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Let God alone answer through us
Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
The axiom is: thank Jesus for all pleasures as He alone suffered & died to grant us pleasures. Alcohol becomes evol not as it is evil in itself -rom14:14 but becz the drinker does not trust Jesus made everything holy by his death & blood-1 timothy4:4.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums