• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Is anyone here from the Diocese of Arlington (Virginia)?

Discussion in 'One Bread, One Body - Catholic' started by Fenwick, Aug 24, 2019.

1. Fenwick

Fenwick Faithful then, faithful now!

+6,784
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Republican
    I just interviewed for a job with the diocese on Thursday, and I'm curious what it's like there. What's Bishop Burbidge like? Does the diocese have a reputation one way or another (traditional or progressive)? It seems like there are quite a few Latin Masses in the diocese so that's a good thing.

This would be a huge move for me coming from California, and it's a pretty nerve-racking thought. I'd just like to know if the diocese is known for being a solid community with good and proper leadership.

If anyone on here is from there and can tell me what your experience has been like, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. pdudgeon

pdudgeon Traditional Catholic

+9,483
    United States
    Catholic
    Widowed
    US-Republican
    I am from the Diocese just to the South (The "Other" Virginia Diocese, Richmond.) so I'm not familiar with the Arlington Diocese, except that it's smaller in square miles than is Richmond, and it gets on TV lots more.:wave:

3. Fenwick

Fenwick Faithful then, faithful now!

+6,784
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Republican
    How do you like Virginia?

4. Michie

Michie Human rights begin in the womb. Supporter

+23,906
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    I had a friend that lived in Virgina. I have never been there myself but I hear it is a beautiful state with lots of things to do. She is not Catholic so no info on that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  5. pdudgeon

+9,483
    United States
    Catholic
    Widowed
    US-Republican
    I like it very much!
    There is always something interesting to do. :oldthumbsup::oldthumbsup::oldthumbsup:

There's loads and loads of interactive history, The Arts, Opera, all sorts of bands from Rock to Blue Grass, and concerts, Reenactment events to attend, live fire works in many cities for the 4th of July, (bring your blanket or lawn chairs) many local community parades, sports car racing in Richmond, Theme parks, good beaches, amazing museums, beautiful beaches, sailing regattas, live concerts, wineries,
    ( did I mention the beaches yet?? LOL) local craft fairs, and the Cathedral in DC is beautiful,(www.nationalshrine.org) with a wonderful choir and excellent musicians.

Yep, "Virginia is for lovers" because there's so much to love here! :clap::clap::clap:

6. Michie

+23,906
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Makes me want to take a trip there sometime!

7. pdudgeon

+9,483
    United States
    Catholic
    Widowed
    US-Republican
    We love visitors!:wave::wave::wave:

8. Michie

+23,906
    United States