Is anyone else here from a non-Christian family?

Myooran

May 23, 2017
London
✟15,673.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello everyone,
I am from the UK. I am from a non-Christian family and for all my life I've struggled with trying to know God and trying to find answers to the big questions in life. I wanted to know what happened after we died. I wanted to know a way to know God. That was before I heard the Gospel, which I wrote about here:
I recently put my trust in Jesus Christ

I want to know whether anyone else came from a non-Christian family because there are some specific questions I have about telling everyone about my new faith in Christ and about preparing for the consequences that may follow.

Neari

Neari
Feb 9, 2017
Earth
✟20,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello everyone,
I am from the UK. I am from a non-Christian family and for all my life I've struggled with trying to know God and trying to find answers to the big questions in life. I wanted to know what happened after we died. I wanted to know a way to know God. That was before I heard the Gospel, which I wrote about here:

I want to know whether anyone else came from a non-Christian family because there are some specific questions I have about telling everyone about my new faith in Christ and about preparing for the consequences that may follow.
Hi there, I'm from a non-Christian family, well, only my 2 sisters and I are Christian. I consider myself also quite new in Christ though, so I'm not sure I can help, but I think I'll be able to relate. :)

Upvote 0

GizmoRazaar

Eastern Orthodox, 19, University Student
Jul 27, 2018
CT
✟15,901.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hello everyone,

My mom and stepdad are both Catholic, but never pushed belief on me. My parents divorced when I was around 10, and I still see my dad quite often. However, my dad and stepmom, on the other hand, are HARDCORE atheists, and constantly berate religion and actively denounce God and those who follow him. I'll probably make my own thread here about it, but they still don't know about my faith, lest I face scrutiny from them and treatment that would make me feel like a stranger to them. I do know, however, that Jesus said in Matthew 10:32-33, "Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven." So I'm a bit conflicted about what I should say to him, or maybe the lack thereof. Well point is, I feel your pain.

Upvote 0

MariaJLM

Crazy Cat Lady
Aug 1, 2018
Calgary
✟50,815.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
CA-Others
I was raised Catholic, I don't know if you would consider that non-christian because they do believe in Jesus Christ. I would consider myself Christian now though.

Catholics are Christians so, no. You're not from a Non-Christian family.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums