• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Is Anyone Else Angry At The Leftist Media

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by MKalashnikov, Oct 26, 2004.

1. BlessedMan

BlessedMan Veteran

+95
    Christian
    The citizens of the United States...just like everyone else in Washington...lest we forget.

2. gnombient

gnombient reformed librarie-keeper

+50
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Huh?

If the media was truly partisan to the left, they would have been asking tough questions of the current administration for years now rather than rolling over like the good dog and accepting the scraps the administration tosses them.
    A leftist press would have been much more persistent in its questioning of the administration's rush to war in Iraq, and much more critical of the administration's continually-shifting justifications for said war.
    A leftist press would have been much more persistent in pursuing the source of the Plame leak.
    A leftist press would be seriously and consistently questioning the administration's domestic policies.

Sorry, editorials and pundits don't count.

I'm not trying to say that the mainstream press doesn't have any bias whatsoever, but I'm sooo sick of hearing about the "liberal media" like there's some kind of vast conspiracy at work. On the other hand, maybe the Illuminati actually does control everything! ;)

3. ForeRunner

ForeRunner Guest

+0
    It looks like they have forgotton, as well as most Americans.

4. crazyfingers

crazyfingers Well-Known Member

+318
    Atheist
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Nonetheless, it's part of the executive branch as he said at first. It was you who misstated him to say GWB.

5. Philosoft

Philosoft Orthogonal, Tangential, Tenuously Related

+170
    Atheist
    True in the extreme abstract, but naive in reality.

6. Zoot

Zoot Omnis Obstat

+524
    Buddhist
    Is Anyone Else Angry At The Leftist Media

Now that the "mainstream" media has been caught in yet another lie, is anyone finally angry enough with them to get them to stop the propaganda once and for all???

The only leftist media I know of in the States is Democracy Now. All of the networks are hilariously conservative by world standards.

7. HisEagle

HisEagle Senior Veteran

+139
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Honestly? I don't pay attention to the news anymore. I used to be a die hard CBS News fan, but after Dan Rather's brouhaha, I quickly lost my trust and respect for the media. How can you TRULY believe anything you hear on the news, or on the internet for that matter? How do we know they aren't manipulating us?

8. joebudda

joebudda Newbie

+296
    Atheist
    C-SPAN

9. Talmidah

Talmidah היום כולם יודעים - הרב כהנא צדק

+2,075
    Judaism
    Private
    Yes.

10. TheBear

TheBear Free Agent

+1,662
    Atheist
    Private
    Wait! I thought CNN stood for Communist News Network. :p :D

But seriously...

I believe both sides share culpability in the biased dissemination of information. Print, radio, TV and internet combine for a massive barage of misinformation, incomplete stories, exagerations, and flat out lies.....along with truth and accuracy. The fact that some media has been reporting on a story almost a year and a half old, is just one example of late. Once you get past all the hype, the core and meaningful issues become clear. :)

11. drboyd

drboyd Well-Known Member

+183
    Christian
    US-Others
    I'll see your three words and raise you two: "Valerie Plame"

And for good measure, four more: "Scooter Libby frog march"