MKalashnikov

No longer a member of CF. As per Romans 12:9
Jun 1, 2004
✟3,748.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
I for one find it amusing that the "october suprise" that the leftist media planned for Bush, backfired, and ended up being an "october suprise" that is going to damage the leftist media's credibility (if they had any left) AND in turn also hurt Kerry by proxy.

Upvote 0

UberLutheran

Feb 2, 2004
✟20,440.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
FAUX News, CNN (the Conservative News Network), ABC, MS-NBC, and CBN are ALL conservative outlets owned by Republicans who have made major contributions to Bush?

I am angry at the far-right media and the slant they've given this election -- but then, all things considering, I'm also not the least bit surprised.

The FCC gave the far-right media a major gift in allowing them to own near-monopoly shares of media outlets in cities. Why SHOULDN'T they respond in kind by giving Bush et al. large contributions?

Upvote 0

Ache For Heaven

Oct 23, 2004
✟359.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Yes, I have been fed up with the media for a long time. My wife was a journalism student in college. She could not understand how she was told the media was suppose to be unbiased. But, you see it being biased all the time.

And, can anyone explain to me how a newspaper, or any form of the media can endorse canidates. This baffles me:doh:

Upvote 0

crazyfingers

May 17, 2002
Massachusetts
Visit site
✟18,923.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I wonder how it could be that so many people actually still believe that there were WMDs in Iraq just before the war and that Iraq was actually involved in 9-11 if the media was actually leftist. :scratch:

Forty-one percent of all respondents, for instance, agreed that ''Saddam Hussein helped plan and support the hijackers who attacked the US on 9/11." This interpretation persists even after Cheney, in his debate with Democratic rival John Edwards, denied ever suggesting such a thing.

In addition, 38 percent believed Iraq had weapons of mass destruction when the US invaded, despite the conclusion of the Iraq Survey Group that none existed.
Source

Seems rather preposterous to cry about a leftist media when the right wing media has brainwashed so many people.

Upvote 0

crazyfingers

May 17, 2002
Massachusetts
Visit site
✟18,923.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
BlessedMan said:
I wonder why everyone now wonders who moved the cache of munitions before we got there, but still doesn't find it plausible that someone could have moved WMD's before we got there.

It was very clear during the entire runup to the war that Bush/Cheney et al were not presenting evidence that WMDs existed. Why should I assume that they existed without evidence that they did?

Upvote 0

BlessedMan

Veteran
Apr 29, 2004
✟9,838.00
Faith
Christian
crazyfingers said:
It was very clear during the entire runup to the war that Bush/Cheney et al were not presenting evidence that WMDs existed. Why should I assume that they existed without evidence that they did?
What??? I guess i'm confused...didn't Powell et others go to the U.N., the congress, the nation with evidence of WMD's that we've now deemed "inacurate" because we haven't found them there. I'm just suggesting that maybe they were there afterall and possibly were moved...it's at least possible based on these munitions disappearing.

Upvote 0
F

ForeRunner

BlessedMan said:
What??? I guess i'm confused...didn't Powell et others go to the U.N., the congress, the nation with evidence of WMD's that we've now deemed "inacurate" because we haven't found them there. I'm just suggesting that maybe they were there afterall and possibly were moved...it's at least possible based on these munitions disappearing.

Nope, it is because the CIA has leaked the original documents after the administration blamed them for faulty intelligence. These documents show that the Bush administration misrepresented and even lied about the intelligence the CIA gave them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BlessedMan

Veteran
Apr 29, 2004
✟9,838.00
Faith
Christian
ForeRunner said:
Nope, it is because the CIA has leaked the original documents after the administration blamed them for faulty intelligence. These documents show that the Bush administration misrepresented and even lied about the intelligence the CIA gave them.
Can I get an example of the lying please?

Upvote 0

crazyfingers

May 17, 2002
Massachusetts
Visit site
✟18,923.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
BlessedMan said:

Sure it's possible that despite the lack of evidence, that they were there and were moved. But why believe that they were there if all of the "evidence" that Powell presented was wrong?

There needs to be evidence for believing in the first place.

Upvote 0

BlessedMan

Veteran
Apr 29, 2004
✟9,838.00
Faith
Christian
crazyfingers said:
Sure it's possible that despite the lack of evidence, that they were there and were moved. But why believe that they were there if all of the "evidence" that Powell presented was wrong?

There needs to be evidence for believing in the first place.
But the thought needs to be reversed...we came to the conclusion that a lot of the evidence that Powell presented was wrong BECAUSE we haven't found the weapons. I think this now hurts Kerry by bringing up the fact that actually were weapons there that have gone missing...the question is how many more, what were they and where did they go?

Upvote 0
F

ForeRunner

BlessedMan said:
But the thought needs to be reversed...we came to the conclusion that a lot of the evidence that Powell presented was wrong BECAUSE we haven't found the weapons. I think this now hurts Kerry by bringing up the fact that actually were weapons there that have gone missing...the question is how many more, what were they and where did they go?

The point is, that they misrepresented the CIA intelligence reports at that time. There were quite a few people in the CIA, and also Charles Duelfer testified that they believed Saddam did not possess WMDs.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Outspoken

Standing in the Gap
Nov 8, 2002
✟22,188.00
Faith
Christian
dittomonkey911 said:
Now that the "mainstream" media has been caught in yet another lie, is anyone finally angry enough with them to get them to stop the propaganda once and for all???
well goes back to Kerry's plan as well. They will do anything or say anything to get a foothold back in washington. they are just mad that the country pulled out their liberal canidates because they are tired of liberalism.:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

BlessedMan

Veteran
Apr 29, 2004
✟9,838.00
Faith
Christian
ForeRunner said:
The point is, that they misrepresented the CIA intelligence reports at that time. There were quite a few people in the CIA, and also Charles Duelfer testified that they believed Saddam did not possess WMDs.
And there were quite a few people in the CIA as well as John F. Kerry that did believe he had WMD's...

Upvote 0

BlessedMan

Veteran
Apr 29, 2004
✟9,838.00
Faith
Christian
ForeRunner said:
The evidence was far from conclusive and certainly not justification for this war. John Kerry relied on the intelligence given to him by the executive branch.
Actually Kerry was part of the Senate Intelligence committee that got briefings directly from the Pentagon...not from GWB.

Upvote 0