Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
It isn't proof, but it is evidence that angels are repentant people - the fact that we might judge angels here on earth.

What Angels do you suppose WE would be judging, those in Heaven with God?

If not, then which other ones, those who were before Adam? Hmmmm

If so then your theory doesn't work.

Was Satan in the Garden tempting?
Were not Angels having physical relations with the daughters of men?

What repentant people would they have been?

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
It isn't proof, but it is evidence that angels are repentant people - the fact that we might judge angels here on earth.

The Greek word for "angel" also means "messenger" and mail carriers deliver messages, so are you suggesting that repentant people go to work for the post office? :)

• Winner
Reactions: JIMINZ
Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
A man IS lower than the angels, until he repents of his sin, I would say.

A man is lower than the angels because he dies physically.

Heb. 9:27
And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Not to become Angels.

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
What Angels do you suppose WE would be judging, those in Heaven with God?

If not, then which other ones, those who were before Adam? Hmmmm

If so then your theory doesn't work.

Was Satan in the Garden tempting?
Were not Angels having physical relations with the daughters of men?

What repentant people would they have been?
No, I would say that people undergo judgment here on earth, in our court systems and other places.

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
The Greek word for "angel" also means "messenger" and mail carriers deliver messages, so are you suggesting that repentant people go to work for the post office? :)
There could be a few in the post office's employ. The Lord can have all kinds of messengers in all kinds of place.

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
A man is lower than the angels because he dies physically.

Heb. 9:27
And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Not to become Angels.
I don’t see how the verse you quoted sheds light on our discussion. Why does it matter that we will die? Dying isn't what counts. Repentance is what counts. Here is your verse in its entirety:

[27] And just as it is appointed for men to die once, and after that comes judgment,
[28] so Christ, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time, not to deal with sin but to save those who are eagerly waiting for him. Heb 9:27 RSV

• Prayers
Reactions: Rachel Rachel
Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I'm not saying we have to die to become angels. I'm suggesting maybe when we repent we become angels.
Ah... I See..
Well, I see no indication that humans are anything, ever, but humans... We are either sinners and not saved... sinners and saved... after death we are still the same.. sinners and condemned or sinners who are living our salvation.

There is no indication, ever, of us becoming angels or that angels were ever humans.

We are always presented as different in origin and how we came to be.

We have different purposes and future positions.

Like I posted before.. we are, at this time, lower than angels... in the future, all those humans, with salvation will be above angels and actually be served by them. That is, of course, after we judge them.. according to scripture.

Angels were here before us and watched us as we were created. There is no indication, anywhere of angels being born... or of anyone that would have birthed them.

There is also no scripture whatsoever that even hints at people becoming angels at any time.

• Winner
Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0

dreadnought

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Ah... I See..
Well, I see no indication that humans are anything, ever, but humans... We are either sinners and not saved... sinners and saved... after death we are still the same.. sinners and condemned or sinners who are living our salvation.

There is no indication, ever, of us becoming angels or that angels were ever humans.

We are always presented as different in origin and how we came to be.

We have different purposes and future positions.

Like I posted before.. we are, at this time, lower than angels... in the future, all those humans, with salvation will be above angels and actually be served by them. That is, of course, after we judge them.. according to scripture.

Angels were here before us and watched us as we were created. There is no indication, anywhere of angels being born... or of anyone that would have birthed them.

There is also no scripture whatsoever that even hints at people becoming angels at any time.
I'm glad I made that clear to you.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Where does it say that we will judge angels here on earth?

It does not..

In the end.. all will be judged... all created beings... In the end.. those humans who have found salvation through Christ... will be those that judge the angels. This will not be on earth... well, not this earth... Maybe the earth of the "new heaven and new earth" but not this one.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I'm glad I made that clear to you.
All you made clear was that you are still of the view that humans can become angels.

Even when the words of God tell you different.

I understand.. it is quite the thought that you could someday be an angel..

However, as for me, I think I'll stick to the biblical fact that I will someday be better and higher than any angel.... Not that I deserve it... but just that this is what the bible says is my future position.

Anyway... I've beat my head against the proverbial wall on too many threads to continue this conversation..

If you aspire to become an angel.. or think that loved ones have done this already... that's up to you...

God bless...

Jack out...

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Where does it say that we will judge angels here on earth?

It does not..

In the end.. all will be judged... all created beings... In the end.. those humans who have found salvation through Christ... will be those that judge the angels. This will not be on earth... well, not this earth... Maybe the earth of the "new heaven and new earth" but not this one.
Haven’t you been paying attention?:

Do you not know that we are to judge angels? How much more, matters pertaining to this life! 1 Cor 6:3 RSV

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Haven’t you been paying attention?:

Do you not know that we are to judge angels? How much more, matters pertaining to this life! 1 Cor 6:3 RSV
All judgements... that occur after the end of this earth... will be "pertaining to this life". However, they will be discussed and judged after the fact.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
Mark 12:25
For when they shall rise from the dead, they neither marry, nor are given in marriage; but are as the angels which are in heaven.
OK.. both groups won't be getting married...

Reactions: chunkofcoal
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Aug 17, 2018
Varna
✟2,167.00
Country
Bulgaria
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Let's make this clear. Angels of God are most high creatures. Saints are lower than them. Humans are lower than saints. Yes human can become Angel of God but need to be more perfect than Jesus, because even he is human.
They are not spirits, neither servants and can be married.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Let's make this clear. Angels of God are most high creatures. Saints are lower than them. Humans are lower than saints. Yes human can become Angel of God but need to be more perfect than Jesus, because even he is human.
They are not spirits, neither servants and can be married.
I have some issues with your views..
1/ Angels, for now, are the most high of the "Created" creatures. Yes.
2/ Who are you referring to when you say "Saints are lower than them"? Any human who has accepted salvation is called, by God... a "Saint".. So, I am a saint. You are a Saint... according to scripture...
3/ I need some scripture as to a source of where you base this view of "Human can become an Angel of God." I find no basis for this.
4/ Who.... and I mean of any being known to God..... is ever going to ever ever ever be more perfect than Jesus... this is just too far out to be even a sniff of a consideration IMO.
5/ Jesus was human.. and God... now He is the Highest of the High with authority over all of heaven and earth....
6/ Angels are above us now but we will be above them later... see posted scriptures in previous posts.

• Agree
Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Mark 12:25
For when they shall rise from the dead, they neither marry, nor are given in marriage; but are as the angels which are in heaven.
This is not saying that we will become angels... When is says "but are as the angels" does not mean that we will be angels... but that, in heaven, angels do not marry... so as saved humans, in heaven.. we will no longer be married or given in marriage... Thus... marriage is an earthly thing only.

• Agree
Reactions: chunkofcoal
Upvote 0

chunkofcoal

Messianic Christian
Sep 30, 2004
✟83,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
really?? Nowhere is it found that humans become angels.

2 Timothy 2:12: “If we endure with him, we will also reign with him.”
Revelation 3:21 The one who conquers, I will grant him to sit with me on my throne, as I also conquered and sat down with my Father on his throne.

Scripture teaches that the fallen angels will be judged by God (Isaiah 24:21-22; 2 Peter 2:4; Jude 1:6; Revelation 21:10). But what does Paul mean when he says the saints will also judge angels?

Greek word for “judge,” krino, means “to rule or govern.” Yeshua has been exalted above all the angels (see Ephesians 1:20-23), and it seems reasonable that those who are in Him and made in His likeness (Romans 8:29; 1 Corinthians 15:49; Ephesians 4:24; 1 John 3:2) will share in His authority, including His authority over the angels (Matthew 19:28; 2 Timothy 2:12; Revelation 20:4).

Wow. I hadn't really thought much about this. What an incredible responsibility!

Also, thank you Visionary - you have started a couple of very interesting threads recently!

Upvote 0