Is Amos Isaiah’s Father (Amos the prophet that is)?

Shulamite:Maranatha!

Oct 13, 2017
Westernport
✟8,259.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When the book of Isaiah says he is the son of Amoz I automatically assume this refers to the prophet Amos. Their ministries were close to the same time and the beginning of Isaiah’s book seems to assume the audience to know who Amoz is and I reason who more would they have been familiar with than the prophet Amos.

Does anyone know of any evidence to support this view beyond the two points I just mentioned?

In advance, thank you and God!

Some other questions I have that you’re welcome to help me find the answers to:

*Is Darius in Daniel the son of Esther since his father’s name is Ahasuerus and they both seem to be in the same time period?
*Beyond the surface of the King James translation is there any proof that Darius (in Daniel) and Cyrus are not the same the person?
*Will Judas Iscariot ascend out of the bottomless pit as the antichrist fulfilling Revelation 17:8?
*What contains the correct order of Jeremiah, the Masoretic Text or the Septuagint?

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,019.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When the book of Isaiah says he is the son of Amoz I automatically assume this refers to the prophet Amos.

Why, "automatically assume"?
I'm sure a commentary could tell you.

Their ministries were close to the same time and the beginning of Isaiah’s book seems to assume the audience to know who Amoz is

I'm sure they did; they were living at the time.

Does anyone know of any evidence to support this view beyond the two points I just mentioned?

Not without looking in a commentary.

Some other questions I have that you’re welcome to help me find the answers to:

*Is Darius in Daniel the son of Esther since his father’s name is Ahasuerus and they both seem to be in the same time period?
*Beyond the surface of the King James translation is there any proof that Darius (in Daniel) and Cyrus are not the same the person?
*Will Judas Iscariot ascend out of the bottomless pit as the antichrist fulfilling Revelation 17:8?
*What contains the correct order of Jeremiah, the Masoretic Text or the Septuagint?

Regarding 1, 2 and 4; I don't know, but you could look it up. Google it, if you don't have a commentary.
Re number 3; no.

Upvote 0