Is America the beast from the land (Rev. 13)?

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If not, why not, or if you think this is a ridiculous suggestion, what are your reasons? I am interested in hearing them.

I am interested in your reasons for why you think America might be the beast from the land in Revelation 13.

Upvote 0

Left

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2017
Illinois
✟81,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I am interested in your reasons for why you think America might be the beast from the land in Revelation 13.

Well land in Bible interpretation might mean the opposite of water. Water means people. So this Beast kingdom comes from a place where there weren't a lot of people previously. It starts as a "lamb", but then starts to speak as a "dragon".

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well land in Bible interpretation might mean the opposite of water. Water means people. So this Beast kingdom comes from a place where there weren't a lot of people previously. It starts as a "lamb", but then starts to speak as a "dragon".

Well ..there are a few places that might meet that description ... Austrailia, Canada, etc.

Also, do you feel that the US has begun to speak as a "dragon" ?

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My only issue is that American Christians are too geocentric. We, for some reason, see prophecy circling us when it almost all deals or dealt with the Middle East. Thus we sit in our air conditioning watching 1 of the 250 channels we have while Christians are being beheaded, raped, and crucified, wondering when the tribulation will begin.

@stillwaters45 my comments are not toward you nor do I think your question is ridiculous... no question is. Just sharing my observations from the couple of decades that I have been paying attention. :)

Upvote 0

Dave Watchman

Jan 10, 2014
✟67,573.00
Faith
Christian
If not, why not, or if you think this is a ridiculous suggestion, what are your reasons? I am interested in hearing them.

America is not the beast rising from the earth in Revelation 13.

The second beast that rises from the earth is Lucifer the Devil, our end time Antichrist. Lucifer is going to be allowed to appear as a man for the last 5 months prior to the second coming.

The first beast rises from the sea. But it's not really the sea. The sea is symbolic for many peoples and multitudes and nations and languages.

The second beast rises up from the earth, but it's not really the earth. The second beast does not have an earthly origin, it has a heavenly origin. The earth is a heavenly designated geological area that by default becomes a holy place. "Take off your sandals, for the ground where you are standing is holy".

And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
Lucifer was cast down into the earth, he and his angels will rise up out of the earth at the 5th trumpet and be allowed to manifest themselves in our realm for the last 5 months of the tribulation.

To the first beast he gives his power, his throne and great authority.

This is about something much bigger than the United States, or the Church of Rome.

Upvote 0

stillwaters45

Jan 15, 2015
✟8,920.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Yes, here are some reasons I posted in the other thread:

America is the only country, or rather empire, in the world that is created as a civil project in the image of Rome. The Capitol is named after the Capitoline Hill, on which sat the temple of Jupiter, Washington is portrayed as Romulus in the rotunda of the Capitol building, DC was built on land known as "Rome", it takes it inspiration from Rome, social scientists describe its unique civil religion (worshiping the image of the beast, which is its form of government, inspired by Rome), historians describe the similarities between Rome (monarchy, republic, empire) and the USA, it arose quickly, not in the sea of nations but in a far more sparsely populated region, and soon through a series of historical events became larger than the Roman Empire. It makes fire come down from heaven. It is the only country in the world that is has been bombing people and places in almost every single calendar year over the past sixty years.

The first beast seems to be Rome. The empire split into ten, and then from this the "mouth speaking great things", the papacy, arose. The second beast must come after all of this. Unlike the first beast, the horns on its head do not have crowns, suggesting that it is a republic. The beasts in Daniel were world powers, and so I believe the beasts in Revelation are the same.

Also, other countries just don't have this form of civil religion (as recognized and discussed by social scientists) or the parallels with Roman history (as recognized by historians), nor is their system of government so influenced by ancient Rome (Capitol Hill, the apotheosis of George Washington, temple of Lincoln etc).

Perhaps it isn't America and my speculations are incorrect. That's partly why I've been posting this, to throw it out and get feedback, though unfortunately most of the responses have been unconstructively dismissive, or assume that Revelation only refers to the first century.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

stillwaters45

Jan 15, 2015
✟8,920.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My only issue is that American Christians are too geocentric. We, for some reason, see prophecy circling us when it almost all deals or dealt with the Middle East. Thus we sit in our air conditioning watching 1 of the 250 channels we have while Christians are being beheaded, raped, and crucified, wondering when the tribulation will begin.

@stillwaters45 my comments are not toward you nor do I think your question is ridiculous... no question is. Just sharing my observations from the couple of decades that I have been paying attention. :)
I agree there is this tendency, and it was one I avoided until recently, when I began to take seriously the possibility that it is the second Rome or second beast.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Why not?
Because 99.9% of Revelations happened in the Apostles generation.
Interesting.
So which .9% are still yet to be fulfilled?

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It's not difficult to see it all originates in the Middle-East. Not Rome, Not EU, Not USA.
For you... but so many get so caught up in themselves, geocentricism... and quite frankly, we're blessed but not as special as we think we are.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I agree there is this tendency, and it was one I avoided until recently, when I began to take seriously the possibility that it is the second Rome or second beast.
Why does it have to be the second Rome? Did the first really die off? :)

Doesn't matter anyway... we each have been called to do a job... preach, teach... push a broom! Whatever it is, we need to do it until we can't do it anymore. The body suffers when we are not doing as we are called and spending as much time on this as so many do... is nothing more than a distraction. We are to know the times and seasons and guess what... we're in the last days. Now that this fact is established... we need to keep pushing and not get any more distracted than our culture already makes us.

Blessings.
Ken

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
It's not difficult to see it all originates in the Middle-East. Not Rome, Not EU, Not USA.
Why not Judea in Israel. After all, Rome did destroy the great City of Jerusalem in ad70.
So land beast= Judea, where Satan's throne is... Sea Beast = Rome and rest of the Heathens

One hint that the Jew's enemy, the 1st century Romans are involved in Revelation, is that the "Denarius" is shown.

Revelation 6:6
And I hear a voice in midst of the four living-ones saying: "choinex of grain/wheat a denarius and three choinex of barleys a denarius, and the oil and the wine no you should be injuring". [John 11:48]

Anyone ever read Josephus's acct of that Destruction in ad70?

The Destruction of Jerusalem - George Peter Holford, 1805AD

The day on which Titus encompassed Jerusalem, was the feast of the Passover;

Luke 19:44
and they shall be leveling Thee, and the offspring of Thee in Thee

In executing the command of Titus, relative to the demolition of Jerusalem, the Roman soldiers not only threw down the buildings, but even dug up their foundations,
and so completely leveled the whole circuit of the City, that a stranger would scarcely have known that it had ever been inhabited by human beings.

Reve 18:19
“They threw dust on their heads and cried out, weeping and wailing, and saying, ‘Alas, alas, that great City, in which all who had ships on the sea became rich by her wealth! For in one hour she is made desolate.’

Reactions: joyshirley
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I do think that thought and geography are more linked than people realize. This is of course also distinct from actual issues of Biblical interpretation.

• Friendly
Reactions: Ken Rank
Upvote 0