tatteredsoul

Feb 4, 2016
New York/Int'l
✟14,624.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I'm starting to lean that way heavily the last 5 years after much research and reading.

Doug Woodard has wrote some very interesting books and talks of the subject.https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLIXxhqAJt8deCIWBRdxD4niy1BeHfWvs_

Maybe the harlot... although a (dirty) woman is considered a (bad) church, so likely America is not the harlot.

Does America live deliciously?

Does America harlot every single perversion and debauchery out to the rest of the world?

Does America sit a queen that hasn't been widowed (a nation that reigns, but has never fallen)?

Would the rest of the world watch from the safety of separated oceans and waters if something happened to America?

Would the nation's of the world mourn America should it be destroyed in a "day," because they won't be able to TRADE with such a country anymore (i.e. none of the American cultural, physical and military exports)?

The big clue is the queen that sat a widow, but was not widowed.

Upvote 0

jst5

Sep 5, 2013
✟7,753.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
"The big clue is the queen that sat a widow, but was not widowed."

"‘I sit as queen, and am no widow, and will not see sorrow.’ 8 Therefore her plagues will come in one day—death and mournin"

Seems to me the "queen" is showing her pride here...that she feels nothing can take her throne.

"Alas, alas, that great city Babylon, that mighty city! For in one hour your judgment has come."

Three or four places it says "the great city"judgement comes in one hour...it's pretty clear what takes the city out.As a military man that screams nuke.

Upvote 0

jst5

Sep 5, 2013
✟7,753.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
"Maybe the harlot... although a (dirty) woman is considered a (bad) church, so likely America is not the harlot. "

Why would merchants care that a "bad church" was destroyed in one hour?

"For in one hour such great riches came to nothing.’ Every shipmaster, all who travel by ship, sailors, and as many as trade on the sea, stood at a distance 18 and cried out when they saw the smoke of her burning, saying, ‘What is like this great city?’“They threw dust on their heads and cried out, weeping and wailing, and saying, ‘Alas, alas, that great city, in which all who had ships on the sea became rich by her wealth! For in one hour she is made desolate."

There is only one city on earth that would effect the whole world like that...just one.It just so happens to be one of the worlds largest sea ports as well.The world would be in mass panic if America fell in one day and the Rapture happened on the same day.

This is my view after much study the last five years.Could it change?Sure ...but if we are really on the latter end of the Birth Pains there is only one prospect for Mystery Babylon.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sovereign Grace

Certified Flunky
Jul 5, 2014
Right here, right now
✟43,036.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I believe Babylon is the RCC. Look at all the bloodshed that has come from that cult.

"I saw that the woman was drunk with the blood of God’s holy people, the blood of those who bore testimony to Jesus."[Revelation 17:9] There is not a war that has exceeded the #'s killed that the RCC has killed down through the centuries. There has been the Spanish, Papal, Roman inquisitions that I can think of off the top of my head that has killed many Christians who would not follow the RCC.

• Agree
Reactions: Lik3 and JM
Upvote 0

Wunderlust

Sep 19, 2016
America
✟17,138.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Wunderlust

Sep 19, 2016
America
✟17,138.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There is not a war that has exceeded the #'s killed that the RCC has killed down through the centuries.

Can you refer to any historian about that?

There has been the Spanish, Papal, Roman inquisitions that I can think of off the top of my head that has killed many Christians who would not follow the RCC.

I'm aware of the Spanish Inquisition, which was done by the Kingdom of Spain to remove Jews and Muslims from Spain. I am not aware of Papal and Roman Inquisitions.

Upvote 0

Wunderlust

Sep 19, 2016
America
✟17,138.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Then there are these inquisitions...

--Portuguese
--Mexican
--Peruvian

Let the RCC come back into power like they once were, and it'll be on again.

You only provided a link to one, which sought out Muslims and Jews pretending to be Christians.

Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟744,889.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I believe Babylon is the RCC. Look at all the bloodshed that has come from that cult.

"I saw that the woman was drunk with the blood of God’s holy people, the blood of those who bore testimony to Jesus."[Revelation 17:9] There is not a war that has exceeded the #'s killed that the RCC has killed down through the centuries. There has been the Spanish, Papal, Roman inquisitions that I can think of off the top of my head that has killed many Christians who would not follow the RCC.

Agreed. Also consider Daniel 7 and Revelation 13.

"Bishops, therefore, with their helpers, the priests and deacons, have taken up the service of the community, presiding in place of God over the flock..."

"...bishops by divine institution have succeeded to the place of the apostles, as shepherds of the Church, and he who hears them, hears Christ, and he who rejects them, rejects Christ and Him who sent Christ."

"...bishops in an eminent and visible way sustain the roles of Christ Himself as Teacher, Shepherd and High Priest, and that they act in His person."

"The pope's power of primacy over all, both pastors and faithful, remains whole and intact. In virtue of his office, that is as Vicar of Christ and pastor of the whole Church, the Roman Pontiff has full, supreme and universal power over the Church. And he is always free to exercise this power."

"Bishops, teaching in communion with the Roman Pontiff, are to be respected by all as witnesses to divine and Catholic truth. In matters of faith and morals, the bishops speak in the name of Christ and the faithful are to accept their teaching and adhere to it with a religious assent. This religious submission of mind and will must be shown in a special way to the authentic magisterium of the Roman Pontiff, even when he is not speaking ex cathedra; that is, it must be shown in such a way that his supreme magisterium is acknowledged with reverence, the judgments made by him are sincerely adhered to, according to his manifest mind and will."

"And this infallibility with which the Divine Redeemer willed His Church to be endowed in defining doctrine of faith and morals, extends as far as the deposit of Revelation extends, which must be religiously guarded and faithfully expounded. And this is the infallibility which the Roman Pontiff, the head of the college of bishops, enjoys in virtue of his office, when, as the supreme shepherd and teacher of all the faithful, who confirms his brethren in their faith,(166) by a definitive act he proclaims a doctrine of faith or morals. And therefore his definitions, of themselves, and not from the consent of the Church, are justly styled irreformable, since they are pronounced with the assistance of the Holy Spirit, promised to him in blessed Peter, and therefore they need no approval of others, nor do they allow an appeal to any other judgment."

-from the DOGMATIC CONSTITUTION ON THE CHURCH LUMEN GENTIUM SOLEMNLY PROMULGATED BY HOLINESS POPE PAUL VI ON NOVEMBER 21, 1964

Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟744,889.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
:doh:

Babylon and the great harlot are free will works religion. Why focus on physical things that all will be destroyed in the shaking? We deal with the spiritual and eternal things not the temporary and physical.

I also agree with this but would add the false anti-Christian religion would exist in place of (a meaning of anti) the Christian faith. The sacraments/ordinances of the faith would be supplanted with anti-symbols that contradict the preaching of the Gospel of God's free grace by encouraging a system of works. By these works you access grace bypassing Jesus Christ our only mediator.

Yours in the Lord.

Upvote 0

Archie the Preacher

Apostle to the Intellectual Skeptics
Apr 11, 2003
Hastings, Nebraska - the Heartland!
Visit site
✟38,822.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I really don't think the United States is 'mystery Babylon' but some of the comments about trade and rich merchants in Revelation put me in mind of New York City...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums