Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
And I never said that such books don't exist, just that they are the exception. That much of what is called romance today is, in fact, something else entirely.

And people do the same with iniquity......they call it by different names as well, and blur lines, and minimize it ("we are all sinners"). No where does the Bible say "we are all in iniquity". I believe it's a very important distinction (between "sin" and "iniquity").

Upvote 0

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
2nd Thessalonians is a verse that mentions "iniquity" (lawlessness in some passages)........it's described as a "mystery"....having "secret power" and can mask itself as something good.

Sin deals with the action (or inaction) or our behavior...."iniquity" deals with attitudes....perverse and evil attitudes (that are often secret...hidden).

For the mystery of iniquity does already work: only he who now lets will let, until he be taken out of the way.~AKJ

For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only he who now restrains will do so until he is taken out of the way.~NASB

Another is Matthew 7:23
And then will I profess to them, I never knew you: depart from me, you that work iniquity.~AKJV

Just to make sure this doesn't come off as condemnation......Exodus 34 specifically says that "I [God] lavish unfailing love to a thousand generations. I forgive iniquity, rebellion, and sin. But I do not excuse the guilty."

Last edited:
Upvote 0