Is Alice Cooper demonic?

XD005

Jul 16, 2013
✟16,297.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Ive had this debate with many people. He's one of my favorite artists. Although he isn't exactly a completely convention artist or Christian performer, I do actually consider some of his albums Christian themed. Much of his new albums have clear Christian undertones.

I've noticed and he's said this on interviews that a lot of his music is about the struggle of good vs. evil. God vs. Satan and God and the good always turns out to be the winner.
Specifically on his album The Last Temptation, these themes are heavy.

On interviews I've heard him give God credit for his success and warn against the dangers of hell and Satan. Some of his songs may have overstated or went a little too far out of comfort but I wouldn't say he's a devil worshiper for it.

Perhaps his work before becoming a born-again Christian, maybe so. I don't know, what do you guys think? I often hear people make this assumption without any real proof or reasoning. Is anybody else also a fan?

Reactions: Satanist.

XD005

Jul 16, 2013
✟16,297.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
The litmus test for music, does he glorify himself/satan/world OR does he glorify God? It's very clear.

2 Corinthians 11:14:
And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

I would not want to be Alice Cooper on the great judgement day!

Indeed. I guess in the long run, only he really knows if he's serious or not with his faith. I don't get any bad vibes from his music and I don't feel like he encourages any sin. Thanks for the input though

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Alice is the son of a Detroit area Assy of God pastor, probably retired now. He rebelled as a teen, as many do. He married one of his backup singers who turned out to also a rebellious preacher's kid. (Baptist?)

They both ended up coming back to the Lord and now are fairly normal Christians. So I do not believe he is demonic.

Upvote 0

Jadis40

Sep 19, 2004
Indiana, USA
✟47,145.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
One of the most powerful life lessons that I've been taught and has left more of an impression on me than any sermon I've ever heard given by a preacher was when I repeated the line that Metallica was "Satanic" when I was younger. I thought that for a while, until I actually started to listen to Metallica's songs and really processed them on a technical level. Guess what happened. Over time they became one of my favorite bands, and I've seen them live 3 times now.

I think God used that band to teach me that it's not our place to label another human being as "demonic" or "satanic". Funny - the same thing happened to Peter with the vision of the unclean animals when it came to the Gentiles. The same goes for Alice Cooper. When he was establishing himself as an artist, he was what was classified as "shock rock". If you're going by appearance, just keep in mind it's just stage makeup that he's wearing.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
. When he was establishing himself as an artist, he was what was classified as "shock rock". If you're going by appearance, just keep in mind it's just stage makeup that he's wearing.
A contemporary of Alice's (also a "Shock rocker" from Michigan) Ted Nugent was a client of the tax accountant my mother in law worked for. She was a VERY conservative old line Assy of God christian. But having met Nugent and his band members on several occasions, she understood that it was all a stage act. She said he was a really nice guy.

Reactions: Jadis40
Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
A contemporary of Alice's (also a "Shock rocker" from Michigan) Ted Nugent was a client of the tax accountant my mother in law worked for. She was a VERY conservative old line Assy of God christian. But having met Nugent and his band members on several occasions, she understood that it was all a stage act. She said he was a really nice guy.

What about Alice Cooper not leading people to Christ at his concerts?

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
With that level of influence, shouldn't he try to lead people to Jesus?
If he does not have the supernatural gifting of the evangelist, then it would mostly just fall flat.

Sometimes christians just assume that we can dictate God's callings and giftings. NOT SO.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Not leading people to Christ - not being an evangelist - Seems very related to me.

What about him preforming songs that promote rebellion against God? I am not talking about being friendly with ungodly secular singers-I'm talking about songs.

Upvote 0

Citanul

Well, when exactly do you mean?
May 31, 2006
Cape Town, South Africa
✟209,443.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
What about him preforming songs that promote rebellion against God? I am not talking about being friendly with ungodly secular singers-I'm talking about songs.

Does he have any such songs?

Upvote 0