Is Al Gore's global warming theory harder to convince people of when the climate is actually cold?

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟432,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Do you mean "when the weather is cold"?

It certainly has been cold here. We've been below average on temperatures for well over a month now, even though the NOAA predicted that this was going to be a warmer than normal winter for the entire country.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is Al Gore's global warming theory harder to convince people of when the climate is actually cold?

Al Gore' s climate predictions are harder to convince people of when they already have proven to be wrong.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,501.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It certainly has been cold here. We've been below average on temperatures for well over a month now, even though the NOAA predicted that this was going to be a warmer than normal winter for the entire country.

It's been considerably warmer than normal where I am--and has been for the last five winters.

"Warmer than normal winter for the entire country" doesn't mean that every geographic point will be warmer. And at that, a temperture measurement is more than just the high or low for a particular day but a measurement of how much of the day has been at that high or low as well.

Upvote 0

Lazarus Short

Apr 6, 2016
Independence, Missouri, USA
✟294,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I just can't help myself here:
dreamslive.png

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟432,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Well thats weather for you!

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Yes, but it is harder still to convince them when the best-known spokesmen for doing something to combat Global Warming/Climate Change (Al Gore, for example) pollute more in a week than most other people do in a year or more.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
According to what I think mainstream science teaches >

The earth is cooling; so on the whole the earth itself is getting cooler. So . . . in case the earth is not getting closer to the sun so the atmosphere can keep getting warmer > any global warming caused by humans might be only temporary, and overridden by the long-term cooling of the earth.

Also, I have another idea, which anyone is welcome to comment on . . . in case this is clear >

On the moon we see how there is no atmosphere, and therefore no air to buffer the sunlight. And so, where there is sunshine, the moon is very hot, but even an inch away from the sunlit surface . . . the dark side is very cold, even though that dark area is only inches or so from the lit moon.

Now, on this earth, it seems reported how the atmosphere has been degraded so that now the sunshine can be more intense wherever it reaches the earth; but in shaded or dark areas near the sunlit surface . . . it might be much cooler than if the atmosphere had not been degraded.

And so > there might be bigger differences between warmed and shaded areas which are near one another, and so the cooler air would be moving under the warm air, creating wind more than if temperatures were not so different close to each other.

So, in case you get what I mean, we have bigger temperature differences everywhere lit surface is near shaded or dark surface, and so there is more weather instability due to the bigger differences of temperatures of close-by ground areas.

Therefore we see much more instability due to greater temperature differences, and therefore more storms.

• Informative
Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It's been considerably warmer than normal where I am--and has been for the last five winters.

Then I want to move to where you are. I'm getting sick of freezing my rear end off!

"Warmer than normal winter for the entire country" doesn't mean that every geographic point will be warmer. And at that, a temperture measurement is more than just the high or low for a particular day but a measurement of how much of the day has been at that high or low as well.

That's what they've been going by, for more than a month now, and it has been well below average for that entire time.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
???

Have I made a habit of conflating weather and climate?

I would not know. I don't keep abreast of your habits. If you did not need my advice, that is a good thing. Not everyone, however, is a reasonable as you then are on the subject. Certainly not Mr. Gore who routinely conflates the weather with climate.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Two things:
1) it's not "Al Gore's global warming theory", but it's always fun watching someone set up a strawman right there in the headline. ;)
and
2) it's hard to convince anyone of something like this when they think "the weather" is the same as "the climate". :sorry:
tulc(just thought those should be pointed out) :wave:

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Is Al Gore's global warming theory harder to convince people of it when the climate is actually cold?
Where did you get the insipid idea the global warming was "Al Gore's theory"?

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0