Arizona
✟1,309.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Wow. Way to miss the point. Can I call you pro-slavery then? After all, there is no significant moral difference from forcing a woman to carry an unwanted pregnancy to term and forcing someone to do a job they don't want to do for no pay.

I did not miss the point. You just probably wont address the explanation I gave in the post.

Just admit you are pro-abortion...that you embrace the lable.....and that a woman should be able to kill throughout all nine months.

Upvote 0

IzzyPop

I wear my sunglasses at night...
Jun 2, 2007
✟22,709.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I did not miss the point. You just probably wont address the explanation I gave in the post.

Just admit you are pro-abortion...that you embrace the lable.....and that a woman should be able to kill throughout all nine months.
Why? I am not pro-abortion. I don't think that every woman should get an abortion. I am, however, pro-choice because I believe that every woman should have the choice to do what she sees best for her body.

For the record, I am pro-choice on drug dealing, too. Abortion and drug use harms nobody other than the one choosing those actions. The other examples given harm someone else. See the difference?

Upvote 0

quatona

"God"? What do you mean??
May 15, 2005
✟175,292.00
Faith
Seeker
Actually I could debate abortion without bringing science up at all. But what would I get from the nonbeliever in God side? I bring up science because most who love to debate abortion at least on this site are atheists. I think I could say that science is their god...so they would listen to what science says.
Although science is not my god I am willing to listen what science says. So please - since you claimed a certain scientifical position of science - please back it up. Simply claiming that science says this or that doesn´t suffice, as far as I am concerned.
But again....most don't even care what science says about life.
I do care. So please provide your scientific sources.

Upvote 0

Red Tornado

Dec 22, 2011
✟15,213.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'm pro choice, not pro abortion.
Do I like abortion? No.
Do I want a abortion? No.
Will I help you if your emotionally damaged from a abortion? Yes.
Will I decide on what you should do with your life? No.
Will I call you a murder? No.
Will I help you if you get a abortion? Yes.

And I care what science says, I just don't like how you're ignorant on science. State your sources, or just drop the science says game.

Upvote 0

Roseluck

The Quaker Pony
Jan 17, 2012
Indiana
✟15,132.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm pro choice, not pro abortion.
Do I like abortion? No.
Do I want a abortion? No.
Will I help you if your emotionally damaged from a abortion? Yes.
Will I decide on what you should do with your life? No.
Will I call you a murder? No.
Will I help you if you get a abortion? Yes.
Pretty much this.

Pro-choice people are not pro-abortion. They do not approach random pregnant women and ask "so have you thought of having an abortion today?" Pro-choice folk are exactly that; pro-choice to have or not have an abortion.

Abortion is not meant to be an easy choice nor do I, as someone who is pro-choice, expect a woman who has gone through an abortion to leave the clinic with a smile on her face. I apologize for sounding like I speak for all, but pro-choice people acknowledge that abortion is not often a pleasant thing.

If a friend of mine asked me to be there for them if they wanted an abortion, I would. Because God would want me to help a friend through a time of adversity.

Upvote 0

Farinata

Dec 9, 2011
✟15,262.00
Faith
Atheist
Just to try a different approach:

If life begins at conception, presumably a soul in the Christian worldview enters the fertilized egg at conception. Yet we know several things can happen after conception. The zygote could split and form twins. Two zygotes could merge and form a chimera. How does this conception of souls in the Christian worldview deal with these situations?

Upvote 0

mdancin4theLord

Jul 23, 2011
Arizona
✟1,309.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Why? I am not pro-abortion. I don't think that every woman should get an abortion. I am, however, pro-choice because I believe that every woman should have the choice to do what she sees best for her body.

For the record, I am pro-choice on drug dealing, too. Abortion and drug use harms nobody other than the one choosing those actions. The other examples given harm someone else. See the difference?

You are...you are based on how the pro-life community looks at abortion. I work in this field and if you stood up at any convention, or meeting...you would be laughed out if you said your stance. You stand in the line with people who want abortion legal....which means NO PROTECTION FOR THE UNBORN IN THE WOMB. THAT IS NOT PROLIFE WHATSOEVER.

Upvote 0

mdancin4theLord

Jul 23, 2011
Arizona
✟1,309.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Roseluck said,

"Pro-choice people are not pro-abortion. They do not approach random pregnant women and ask "so have you thought of having an abortion today?" Pro-choice folk are exactly that; pro-choice to have or not have an abortion."

They certainly are. The do not want any protection for the unborn. They are content to sit back and do nothing......or like you would do HELP SOMEONE KILL. By this I mean...driving someone to get an abortion. How could someone who believes in God who honors and praised Him do this? What you say you would do is the same as two crooks robbing a bank......one sits in the get away car and the other does the robbing. Would the guy in the car face our courts of law? Why? He is part of the whole thing....even though he did not stick up the teller. Anyone who works in an abortion mill has blood on their hands...and that goes for the ones who collect the cash for the hit.

Pro-choice folk......whether they like it or not......pain bullseyes on every unborn in the womb....even though they might never get an abortion themselves.

Abortion is not meant to be an easy choice nor do I, as someone who is pro-choice, expect a woman who has gone through an abortion to leave the clinic with a smile on her face. I apologize for sounding like I speak for all, but pro-choice people acknowledge that abortion is not often a pleasant thing.

Why isn't it an easy choice? Rose is there something wrong with abortion? I don't know about your Bible but God gave commandments that we believers are to follow. Find me one place where God would condone the millions that are slaughtered. Find me one verse where we are not to treat our bodies as the temple of the Holy Spirit. And to kill flesh and blood in the womb......is well contrary to EVERYTHING CHRIST IS ABOUT. He overturned the money tables...and if He was walking on earth today, would do the same to the table the abortion takes place on. Christ is about love...and justice. He would never condone this.

I picket and pray at abortion mills. I know very well what the women who come out of there look like. And they have no idea what they will go through in the years to come. And you say you would drive someone to get an abortion? That too you could remember in years to come....that ...that ride was the vehicle that helped your friend get to the place where she killed her unborn.

You know as a believe I know one thing. God is about love yes....but He is a just God and He will pour out His vengence against evil. Abortion is evil. You know that obviously...that is why you oppose the label...pro-abort. You dont want anyone to know that you believe it should be legal because we all know what that implies. God will judge those who do not follow His commands. This is not about what we think should be right and moral.....it is all about what God says is right....and abortion does not glorify God in any way.

"If a friend of mine asked me to be there for them if they wanted an abortion, I would. Because God would want me to help a friend through a time of adversity."

As I said....a believers duty is to God not our friends. You should try to talk her out of it. You should share the gospel show her what science says about the unborn. You should teach her about fetal development. God would NEVER EVER WANT YOU TO BE A PART OF SIN. Sin separates us from God...and doing what you say you would do.......a believer should know better. Sin splashes and her sin does that to everyone involved.

I would never ever take someone to get an abortion. I would sit home and pray and ask God for an intervention. I would ask Him to change my friends heart.

Adversity is not solved by killing. Two wrong never make a right.

This actually happened to me. My daughters best friend wanted an abortion and asked me if I would go. I said that I loved her and would help her any way I could but would not be part of killing her baby. She lives across the country from her family...and did not have anyone. It did not matter I was not going to aid in any way....
She did up getting one and I treated her the same...we did not discuss it.

Upvote 0

mdancin4theLord

Jul 23, 2011
Arizona
✟1,309.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Although science is not my god I am willing to listen what science says. So please - since you claimed a certain scientifical position of science - please back it up. Simply claiming that science says this or that doesn´t suffice, as far as I am concerned.

I do care. So please provide your scientific sources.

I provided I believe in this thread a list of scientists and experts on when life starts. I even cited the medical textbooks that state the same thing.

I will go back and try to find the number of the post. I dont want to repost the same thing over and over.

Upvote 0

Jade Margery

Stranger in a strange land
Oct 29, 2008
✟19,915.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Wow. Way to miss the point. Can I call you pro-slavery then? After all, there is no significant moral difference from forcing a woman to carry an unwanted pregnancy to term and forcing someone to do a job they don't want to do for no pay.

I've been calling her 'pro-rape-slavery'. Because, y'know, the more she denies it the more it's true.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Skaloop

Agnostic atheist, pro-choice anti-abortion
May 10, 2006
Burnaby
Visit site
✟29,046.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-NDP
Jade Margery said:
I've been calling her 'pro-rape-slavery'. Because, y'know, the more she denies it the more it's true.

Well, she's pro-abort, too, as she's said abortion is allowable in extreme cases of the mother's life being on danger. By her own all-or-none black-and-white viewpoint, she's as pro-abort as you and me.

Upvote 0

IzzyPop

I wear my sunglasses at night...
Jun 2, 2007
✟22,709.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
You are...you are based on how the pro-life community looks at abortion. I work in this field and if you stood up at any convention, or meeting...you would be laughed out if you said your stance. You stand in the line with people who want abortion legal....which means NO PROTECTION FOR THE UNBORN IN THE WOMB. THAT IS NOT PROLIFE WHATSOEVER.
Yep. I am not pro-life. Never said I was. I believe that the mother has 100% control over her body and if that means the child must die, then so be it.

Since you label me pro-abortion, can I label you pro-slavery?

Upvote 0

Upisoft

CEO of a waterfal
Feb 11, 2006
Orbiting the Sun
✟20,777.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
You pro-aborts are all the same....
I already explained you we are pro-choice. Calling me again pro-abort shows either lack of ability to learn or you are indirectly calling me a liar.

In both cases it is pointless to have a discussion with you.

Upvote 0

Acebopata

The red wasp of the salted
Jan 11, 2012
The land of mass construction.
✟7,698.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Why not find a procedure that allows the developing human to survive rather than just killing it through an abortion? Or perhaps, have those willing to adopt pay those considering an abortion one or two thousand dollars in exchange for the baby when it is born?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mdancin4theLord

Jul 23, 2011
Arizona
✟1,309.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well, she's pro-abort, too, as she's said abortion is allowable in extreme cases of the mother's life being on danger. By her own all-or-none black-and-white viewpoint, she's as pro-abort as you and me.

This rarely happens and most the time they induce the unborn...they do not perform an abortion like what you champion skaloop.

Your just outright pro-abortion in any circumstance and at any gestational age. Big difference.

Why fight it? Is there something wrong with abortion?

Upvote 0

mdancin4theLord

Jul 23, 2011
Arizona
✟1,309.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I already explained you we are pro-choice. Calling me again pro-abort shows either lack of ability to learn or you are indirectly calling me a liar.

In both cases it is pointless to have a discussion with you.

There most certainly is lack of compassion, lack of comprehension...but not on my side. We are here sharing our opinions....right?

GET THIS.

IT IS MY OPINION AND THE OPINION OF BASICALLY THE PRO-LIFE COMMUNITY THAT I WORK WITH...INCLUDING ONE OF THE MOST INFLUENCIAL PRO-LIFE ADVOCATES FOR THE UNBORN RANDY ALCORN....THROUGH JANET FOLGER IN AS WELL....THAT ANYONE WHO DENIES PROTECTION FOR THE INNOCENT LIFE IN THE WOMB...AND WANTS ABORTION LEGAL........I SAID LEGAL........WHICH GIVES PEOPLE LISCENSE TO KILL....THEY ARE PRO-ABORTION AND NO IN ANYWAY PRO-LIFE. THEY ARE CONTENT TO SIT BACK WHILE UNBORNS ARE KILLED. THEY DO IT NOT UNDER THE PRO-LIFE LABEL BUT THE PRO-ABORTION LABEL.

I have every right to call you this based on the information I know and believe. You can call me anything you want......anti radical....whatever. Does not bother me one bit. Why does that label bother you....come on just admit it.

I am not going to debate abortion with the intentions of lying or candy coating the issue to save you or anyone else grief. If you don't like me....don't like my position...then by all means block me...ignore me.....whatever you want to do. My position stands......and I am not going to change my mind on it. I have given professional testimony and references from reliable sources as to why pro-choice is pro-abortion and the point should be well taken.

Is there something wrong with abortion? If there is how can you sit back and be content condoning the lslaugher or millions? And if there is nothing wrong with it...because it is legal of course....then why do you oppose the pro-abort label?

Upvote 0

mdancin4theLord

Jul 23, 2011
Arizona
✟1,309.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yep. I am not pro-life. Never said I was. I believe that the mother has 100% control over her body and if that means the child must die, then so be it.

Since you label me pro-abortion, can I label you pro-slavery?

Congratulations...you have the guts to just admit your position and not candy coat the truth the way you see it. I commend you. Others here are not so truthful.

You called it like it is. If one wants abortion legal......they can not be pro-life. If one wants abortion legal they can not at any time take those rights away from the woman based on the ruling of Roe...that the mother has 100% rights to her own body. And you are also correct when you identify that which is killed in the womb as a CHILD. Bravo.

And this is a debate site...you can call me anything you want if the rules allow it.

Again bravo.

Upvote 0

Skaloop

Agnostic atheist, pro-choice anti-abortion
May 10, 2006
Burnaby
Visit site
✟29,046.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-NDP
mdancin4theLord said:
This rarely happens and most the time they induce the unborn...they do not perform an abortion like what you champion skaloop.

Your just outright pro-abortion in any circumstance and at any gestational age. Big difference.

i see no difference at all. You are pro-abortion when a mother's life is in danger. Therefore, you are pro-abortion. You can deny it all you want, but it's true. Is there something wrong with abortion to save the mother's life?

Why fight it? Is there something wrong with abortion?

Yes, there is something wrong with abortion. But not as wrong as removing a woman's choice to have one.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.