✟29,887.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1. I am not preaching.
2 Some pills seem to work in the way you are describing; others work by preventing an egg from being released at all - look it up.
3. However the pill may work, legally and medically birth control and abortion are not the same thing at all. A doctor prescribing the contraceptive pill is not regarded as having performed an abortion, and women who take/have taken the pill are not regarded as having had them.
If I went to the doctor and said that I had had 100 abortions during my lifetime, there'd be serious questions about why I had been allowed to have so many, and who had been willing to perform that number.
If I went to the police and said I had committed 100 murders, they'd want evidence and want to know where the bodies were. Failure to produce them might lead to me seeing the inside of a padded cell.
Are you trying to convince me? Because it won't work. I've studied in the medical and technical field for many years.
Instead of trying to convince me on why birth control pills are fine, try doing some research like I've said 4 times now.
Birth control pills are abortifacients. End of story.

Upvote 0

concretecamper

Member of His Church
Nov 23, 2013
PA
✟274,884.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Birth control pills don't "thin the lining of the uterus". Whoever told you that is lying. You should try to remember who told you that, because if they lied to you about this, they'll lie about other things too.

Birth control pills work by preventing an ovum from being released by the ovary.
:doh:

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,052,596.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you trying to convince me?

No.

Instead of trying to convince me on why birth control pills are fine, try doing some research like I've said 4 times now.

I'm not trying to convince you.
I have done some research, that is why I wrote that some pills work by preventing an egg from being released.

For all I know, you could consider me to be guilty of hundreds of abortions; every time I took the pill and had intercourse.
As there is no one else who would accuse me of such a thing, and I doubt there is anyone anywhere who could prove it - it doesn't matter what you say.

Say what you like, there is no one anywhere who could convict women who take the contraceptive pill of abortion.
Quite the opposite; if a woman had had 3 or 4 abortions when 2 or 3 months pregnant, someone would talk to her about contraception and the inadvisability of becoming pregnant and then expecting the medical profession to get rid of the unwanted child for her. Even in our liberal society today, she would no doubt get a reputation, at the very least.

Upvote 0

nonaeroterraqueous

Nonexistent Member
Aug 16, 2014
✟188,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

No, the primary function of those hormone pills is to imitate the function of the ovaries at the time of ovulation. It's one ovary's way of telling the other not to bother with the egg that it was working on. Both ovaries get tricked into thinking that the other got to it first this month.

Those same hormones also tell the uterus to prepare for an egg. If they act as abortifacients, then the ovaries must be releasing abortifacients every month, just in time to kill the fertilized egg. Think about it.

If you don't like that, then take it up with God.

...end of story

• Agree
Reactions: Hieronymus
Upvote 0

concretecamper

Member of His Church
Nov 23, 2013
PA
✟274,884.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
To be fair, yes, the pill's primary function is to prevent ovulation. However, the pill's secondary defense is thinning the lining of the uterus to deal with breakthrough ovulation. So, if anyone uses the pill, it is really unknown how many times the pill's secondary defense was needed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

revanneosl

Mystically signifying since 1985
Feb 25, 2007
Northern Illniois
✟39,310.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
This thread is now about pancakes. Pancakes are delicious.
BlueberryPancakes.jpg
BlueberryPancakes.jpg

Reactions: Strong in Him
Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,052,596.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This thread is now about pancakes. Pancakes are delicious.
BlueberryPancakes.jpg
BlueberryPancakes.jpg

With lemon and sugar only. :tutu::clap:
Anything else is wrong, and I see no moral, or Scriptural, reason to contaminate a pancake in that way. ^_^

Upvote 0