Canada
✟25,780.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I think so too. How many Americans would vote for someone with an agenda to make the rich poorer, and poor richer? Even if that saved everyone's souls?

I think that is exactly what the religious right has been complaining about since the 60s and the Southern Strategy.

Remember Reagan's "Young Bucks" and Welfare Queens".

Upvote 0

J Cord

Aug 1, 2016
Canada
✟25,780.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
But not thieves and rapists?
Solomon, I've seen reports from Mexico. They have the technology to build ladders. They could use these ladders to scale the wall, thus rendering the 25billion+ wall virtually useless. Think about it.

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟147,506.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
You don't know a thieve or rapists until you see them eye to eye .,,

and their sins are before you :)-
Walls keep those eye to eye encounters from being in the middle of your daughter.s bedroom.
Well for 'non-christians anyways'.
I guess 'christian' fathers have different priorities, what with the weather and what not.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟622,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Solomon, I've seen reports from Mexico. They have the technology to build ladders. They could use these ladders to scale the wall, thus rendering the 25billion+ wall virtually useless. Think about it.

Is there automatically a ladder on the other side as well for them to climb back down? But honestly, can you imagine the Mexicans walking miles across the desert carrying ladders with them?

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟147,506.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Historically, Christians have always been big builders of walls.
Moats too.
The castles of Europe attest to this fact.
As do the houses of America, for that matter. It is not just to keep the rain off our beds that Christians build walls either, I don't think, even if that is what some Christians here insist is the case for them.

Upvote 0

J Cord

Aug 1, 2016
Canada
✟25,780.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Is there automatically a ladder on the other side as well for them to climb back down?

They have "rope" technology. Pretty new, but I've heard they're at the forefront of research.

But honestly, can you imagine the Mexicans walking miles across the desert carrying ladders with them?

Why? After the first person brings one, everyone else can use it.

Upvote 0

J Cord

Aug 1, 2016
Canada
✟25,780.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Historically, Christians have always been big builders of walls.
Moats too.
The castles of Europe attest to this fact.

Yeah, then technology progressed beyond the dark ages. Most people know enough about technology to realize this.

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟147,506.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
The question is not whether or not walls are effective.
Israel says theirs is. Others would disagree with that.
Walls don't stop chainsaws, but otherwise are a barrier against many criminals.

But that is not the question.

The question is whether walls are a Christian thing.
And for all of us Christians living in houses at least, I do suppose that they are.
Hypocrites, or Christians who have the courage of their convictions and live on the streets in protest against antichristian walls are free to disagree of course.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟622,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
They have "rope" technology. Pretty new, but I've heard they're at the forefront of research.

Since you're so big on technology, maybe you've heard about cameras and motion detectors that can be placed on and around the wall. Border Patrol would still be in the area. But if you're that much of a fatalist, maybe it's time to just leave your doors open at night since there is a technology called a pry bar that can open the door anyway.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟622,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yeah, then technology progressed beyond the dark ages. Most people know enough about technology to realize this.

Are people who put a fence around their yard also living in the dark ages?

Upvote 0

J Cord

Aug 1, 2016
Canada
✟25,780.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Since you're so big on technology, maybe you've heard about cameras and motion detectors that can be placed on and around the wall. Border Patrol would still be in the area. But if you're that much of a fatalist, maybe it's time to just leave your doors open at night since there is a technology called a pry bar that can open the door anyway.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟622,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If they expect the fence to keep out immigrants who are determined to get into their yard, you betcha.

People fence in their yard for other reasons. So I take it that you think that people who have fenced in yards are living in the dark ages.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

J Cord

Aug 1, 2016
Canada
✟25,780.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others

OK, so now it's not just the cost of the wall, but a bunch of electronics as well. And all of that needs to be maintained. And enough border patrols that can show up in a very timely manner to any location along the wall.

The wall is a very expensive obstacle that does little to even slow anyone down.

Upvote 0

J Cord

Aug 1, 2016
Canada
✟25,780.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
People fence in their yard for other reasons. So I take it that you think that people who have fenced in yards are living in the dark ages.

Um, yeah. Lot's of fences are to keep things in, such as pets and kids.

Again, if somebody is building a fence thinking it is going to keep a determined person from entering their yard, they are living in the dark ages. Especially if they are going to spend a ridiculous amount of money building the fence.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟622,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
OK, so now it's not just the cost of the wall, but a bunch of electronics as well. And all of that needs to be maintained. And enough border patrols that can show up in a very timely manner to any location along the wall.

The wall is a very expensive obstacle that does little to even slow anyone down.

I take it you're also not big on national defense either. Securing our borders is an essential part of that.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟622,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Um, yeah. Lot's of fences are to keep things in, such as pets and kids.

Again, if somebody is building a fence thinking it is going to keep a determined person from entering their yard, they are living in the dark ages. Especially if they are going to spend a ridiculous amount of money building the fence.

Ah, but kids can climb over fences, and dogs can dig under them. So why not just not have a fence and not even bother?

Upvote 0

J Cord

Aug 1, 2016
Canada
✟25,780.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
The question is not whether or not walls are effective.
Israel says theirs is. Others would disagree with that.
Walls don't stop chainsaws, but otherwise are a barrier against many criminals.

First, Israel has another country giving them billions of dollars every year to pay for stuff like this. I don't believe the USA has such a sugar daddy.

Second, the Israelis sometimes summarily shoot people who cross the wall. Is that going to be American policy: Shoot people crossing the wall?

Third, the American wall is going to have be built through American's property. What's going to happen when they don't want to sell.

Plenty of other differences as well, but I think I've already shown that this is an apples to oranges comparison.

The question is whether walls are a Christian thing.
And for all of us Christians living in houses at least, I do suppose that they are.
Hypocrites, or Christians who have the courage of their convictions and live on the streets in protest against antichristian walls are free to disagree of course.

I don't think the wall is related to Christianity myself, it's just a really dumb idea.

Upvote 0