Virginia, USA
✟1,646.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Just wanting some opinions and views on this. It is meant as a serious question, please treat it that way.
If a Virgin has never been with a man/woman but uses *pleasure toys* would they still be considered a Virgin? Do you believe God would still see them as pure?

There is a secular and a Christian definition of 'virgin'. Penetration, whether it be from a person or an inanimate object, is a loss of virginity.
This is because it is not just about the physical, but also of the mind. Once a woman acts on a sexual desire beyond the scope of innocence (such as kissing), they are no longer a virgin.

Upvote 0

Timyone

May 15, 2006
sydney
✟9,049.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
There is a secular and a Christian definition of 'virgin'. Penetration, whether it be from a person or an inanimate object, is a loss of virginity.
This is because it is not just about the physical, but also of the mind. Once a woman acts on a sexual desire beyond the scope of innocence (such as kissing), they are no longer a virgin.

Is this a reason to be against masturbation etc? I am thinking that there are not many virgins until marriage in your mind

Upvote 0

SilenceInMotion

Sep 5, 2012
Virginia, USA
✟1,646.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Is this a reason to be against masturbation etc? I am thinking that there are not many virgins until marriage in your mind

The Church has gone both ways on the subject of masturbation. I was always under the impression that it was a venial sin, but I recently found out that it can be either venial or mortal.
If one masturbates and it is not due to a helpless desire but rather as a recreational thing, it is a mortal sin.

Regardless of that, masturbation is a loss of virginity. It should be self-evident, really. What is the point of a virgin being someone who (only) has not had sex with another? It is of the mind. That is where the object of being sexually pure lies- whether it be an object or a person, the innocence is lost in the action of sexual fulfillment.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,571.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Just wanting some opinions and views on this. It is meant as a serious question, please treat it that way.
If a Virgin has never been with a man/woman but uses *pleasure toys* would they still be considered a Virgin? Do you believe God would still see them as pure?

A person is still a virgin even if they did use sex toys. However, God would not still see them as pure. Masturbation is a grave sin which can be mortal if all three conditions are met. It is a serious sin.

Upvote 0