• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Is a 120 heart rate fixable?

CounselorForChrist

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
✟15,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I had many heart test done and my doctor said it was in good health. Although last year my B/P went up a bit since its normally right on the line. So I did get a med for that. But ever since my seizure back when I was 16 my heart rate is usually around 120.

Meds have really helped with it and the doctors don't know what to do to fix it. They say to just monitor it for now. I will say it does change me a bit since I often can't sleep easy.

Bobinator

Jul 30, 2007
✟11,899.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm not a doctor, but I learned that taking around 1/2 tsp of unprocessed earth salt, e.g. sea salt, Himalayan, Redmond's) with food or water a day. A co-worker of mine had high BP for years while on meds. I advised her to do this, and today, her BP went from around 150, down to as low as 116 without meds. Earth salt is essential for life. It's also the mineral content. Throw away all of your processed table salt and use only unprocessed earth salts. I do this, and my BP range is 116 - 124.

The 2nd thing you should consider is taking a magnesium chloride supplement. According to Dr. Mark Sircus, 70-90% of westerners are very deficient, especially those who live on a high carb diet which includes white bread, rice, or anything bleached and processed. He recommends 650 mg of Magnesium chloride/day, which can be taken orally, transdermally and intravenously. I take it orally and transdermally, and my health is better for it. Even the carbuncle at the base of one of my big toes has reduced significantly.

Magnesium deficiency is a major cause of heart attacks, calcification of body tissues, including the heart, muscles, arteries. Magnesium deficiencies causes calcium to leech from the bones into the bloodstream where it gets deposited in other places in the body, leading to a host of ailments. Magnesium is a relaxant, and is one of the things ER doctors inject in a patient suffering a heart attack. Blood tests are not a good gauges for magnesium deficiency, because only 1% of it is found in the blood.

Good luck.

Upvote 0