• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Is 2018 The Awakening?

Discussion in 'Pentecostal & Assemblies of God' started by DennisTate, Jan 22, 2018.

1. No...

5 vote(s)
    71.4%
  2. Yes...

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. I am studying the scriptures to see if this could be true.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. DennisTate

DennisTate Newbie Supporter

+1,141
    Canada
    Messianic
    Married
    CA-Conservatives
    And if so is it perhaps because President Trump might just be the predicted Christian Political Cyrus type of person?

His courage to decree the move of the USA embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem is one of the most pro-Israel acts of any American President in decades.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. DennisTate

+1,141
    Canada
    Messianic
    Married
    CA-Conservatives
  3. Ken Rank

Ken Rank Well-Known Member Supporter

+4,994
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    What awakening are you speaking of? Why 2018?

Mat 24:32 "Now learn this parable from the fig tree: When its branch has already become tender and puts forth leaves, you know that summer is near.
    Mat 24:33 So you also, when you see all these things, know that it is near--at the doors!
    Mat 24:34 Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all these things take place.

The above describes an awakening, a fig tree (Israel) coming out of it's winter slumber and those who see this won't pass... that generation won't pass. This is a reference to the exodus... that generation, the one that came out of Egypt, did pass without seeing the Promised Land. But this time, God will make a short work of it. But the question we must ask is, "what are we awakening to?" I believe our true identity, Dennis. That we truly are a part of Israel and that the Jewish people are not the entire House of Israel. If true, then this awakening could be argued to have begun in the 70's but I think to the non-Jewish realm, more like the mid-90's. Now, hundreds of thousands if not a few million "Christians" around the world view themselves as part of Israel, part of those still dispersed in the nations.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. Ken Rank

+4,994
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    That all said, there will be movements of the Spirit along the way, until Yeshua returns. And, the masses still do not see themselves in OT prophecy. The "ten men from the nations who grab the hem (tzitzit) of the Jew" has many teachable points. One of which is that the "ten" are the tribes and they are in the nations. But this also shows a great deal of people coming to a much smaller group of people... the masses who will come to the smaller amount who were awakened ahead of time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. DennisTate

+1,141
    Canada
    Messianic
    Married
    CA-Conservatives
    I am pretty sure that one major reason for 2018 being the year for this to occur is because President Trump and his administration are exceptionally pro-Israel.

Ezekiel 37:16

https://www.christianforums.com/thr...rica-fit-with-ezekiel-37s-two-sticks.8043006/

Does the new unity between Israel and America fit with Ezekiel 37's two sticks?

6. DennisTate

+1,141
    Canada
    Messianic
    Married
    CA-Conservatives
    Interesting.... a young Israeli near death experiencer
    named Natan was shown that Jewish people wearing tzitzit
    was far more important than many Jews would tend to imagine.

I believe that what he was shown fits perfectly with several statements by Messiah Yeshua - Jesus.

Matthew 5:17 "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.?
    Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven."

Are we going into a time period when we will know that if
    a Jewish person obeys the seemingly "least" commandment of
    wearing tzitzit.... this is probably a Jewish person who probably can answer many of our
    questions?

7. SkyWriting

SkyWriting The Librarian Supporter

+5,200
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    I was entertained when a commenter said Trump needs to "stop and think this through."
    As if a few more months of thinking would change things.
    As if Trump would do that for anything.

8. DennisTate

+1,141
    Canada
    Messianic
    Married
    CA-Conservatives

I just listened to a message by Lance Wallnau Ph. D. that sure indicates that the timing was indeed important..... and inspired. It seems to me that without a full fledged Awakening..... the extreme political left are determined to set in motion a plan to destroy the Trump Presidency. Which..... I believe is largely because they hate the nation of Israel...... and do not want a pro-Israel President in the White House.

9. Nithavela

Nithavela lologist

+9,951
    Germany
    Other Religion
    Single
    Nah.

10. Hieronymus

Hieronymus Well-Known Member

+2,867
    Netherlands
    Christian
    Single
    Zionists under the flag with the star of Moloch hate the goyim, or at least, they look at them as their servants.
    These things and other crazy stuff is straight from the Talmud.
    They invented communism and declared war on Germany in the 1930s.
    They rule the money and the media for over a century.
    Shocking stuff obviously, because we got fed the opposite.
    I wonder if i'm even allowed to say such things here.
    In Europe it is a crime to doubt the 'official' story.
    does that mean i hate the nation of Israel?
    Not really, but aspects of it, yes.

But an awakening means opening eyes to the truth.
    So as far as i'm concerned, let's get more of the truth out.
    Look (for example) for "Europa - the last battle" on youtube, before it will be deleted by the censors again.
    But this documentary series will give you an idea of what's been going on, which we didn't get taught throughout our lives.
    Be sure you can deal with the cognitive dissonance properly though...
    It's shocking stuff.

I realise that by posting this, some may hit report buttons either here or on YT, but i feel it is important to raise some awareness, maybe because apparently it's the time of swamp cleaning at the moment.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
  11. Ken Rank

+4,994
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I don't believe that the two sticks are the United States and Israel. I believe that the two sticks are the Southern Kingdom Judah, and the Northern Kingdom Israel, and their promised reunification. Joseph, Ephraim, Israel and Samaria are all words that are used interchangeably to speak of the Northern Kingdom. And God has promised to call them back from the nations and rejoin them with Judah making them one Whole House of Israel. The prophesies, Dennis, are not about man created and man run governments... but a PEOPLE of God. Israel is a people, not a secular nation.

12. 2Timothy2:15

2Timothy2:15 Well-Known Member

+1,208
    Christian
    Married
    I tend to raise an eyebrow when any "prophet" has to explain to me first they are a prophet and give me a dissertation on why their prophecy is true. The bible says simply let them prophesy and let the elders judge if it is true or not. I also take issue with open ended vague prophecy. When I read the bible none of the prophets starting out saying, well you know I never did this before and actually wrote it down. Also, the prophets spoke DIRECTLY to the people they were prophesying to, not going to a group of people and saying, well I am not talking about "you guys" per say, but woe to the people who I am talking to. No, the prophet went directly to the person, or group the Lord told them to go to, told them clearly what their sin was, clear message of repentance, and a clear message of what would happen if they did not. They do not give vague reference like those who know me and have stood for me. You see just about everyone, even the deceived could hear that and think, I am ok, I fit into the "good" camp.

13. 2Timothy2:15

+1,208
    Christian
    Married
    Bingo, and Christians put these flags with the star of Moloch up in their churches. There is no star of david in the bible, anywhere. There is the star of Moloch mentioned more than once, and we know that the star of Moloch is exactly what we call today the star of david.

With that being said, I am not anti-Semitic by any means and I want to make that clear now. But there is evidence of deception around the star of david and who currently occupies Israel.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
  14. DennisTate

+1,141
    Canada
    Messianic
    Married
    CA-Conservatives
    This message has been shared 11,774 times already and just one of the videos has been viewed over 365,000 times so far...... so his method of getting this message out to his target audience sure seems to be wise and effective.

Genesis 12:1 - 3
    Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee:

And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:

"And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed."

15. Goatee

Goatee Jesus, please forgive me, a sinner.

+3,557
    United Kingdom
    Catholic
    Divorced
    Every year since early Christianity has been 'The year!'

16. DennisTate

+1,141
    Canada
    Messianic
    Married
    CA-Conservatives
    I read The United States and Britain in Prophecy when
    I was a teenager back in the '70's and I still consider it to be an excellent
    explanation of what has been happening since the 1700's.

https://www.tomorrowsworld.org/sites/default/files/booklets/pdf/usp-15b.pdf

17. DennisTate

+1,141
    Canada
    Messianic
    Married
    CA-Conservatives
    But no year is a good year to be lukewarm toward our Messiah Yeshua - Jesus and what He has done for us.......

I know that in comparison to what has been available to me.....
    I am relatively blind and deaf......
    so I know that this message certainly applies to me.... and I feel that I need to repent.

Revelation 3:14

And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;

I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.

So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

18. Ken Rank

+4,994
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I am sure we find Israel in those nations, but the teachings you are referring to are known as British Israelism. The idea being that somehow, despite the fact that the Northern Kingdom lost it's identity and doesn't know it is Israel, and despite the fact that God "scattered" Israel out of Assyria into the nations like a sower would sow seed... we have managed to track the tribes to various nations anyway? Israel no longer knew they were Israel and no longer knew which tribe they belonged to but WE have somehow gained that knowledge and tracked them to certain nations today? Britain is Ephraim, the Us is Manassah? I am sorry... I vehemently reject the idea. The parable of the fig tree I shared earlier is the awakening to who we are. This explains why hundreds of thousands of Christians if not millions, are retaining the testimony of Yeshua WHILE opening up to God's Torah. They identify themselves as being a part of Israel... whether native born or grafted in like the foreigners who came of Egypt were... no matter, still part of Israel.

19. DennisTate

+1,141
    Canada
    Messianic
    Married
    CA-Conservatives

Many Spanish speaking people are tracing their ancestry to Jews who were forced to convert to Christianity. Here is an especially interesting case of somebody who made Aliyah to Israel.

https://www.christianforums.com/thr...jewish-moves-to-israel.7951659/#post-69746632

Catholic near death experiencer told she was Jewish...moves to Israel.

20. 2Timothy2:15

+1,208
    Christian
    Married
    Let's make this simple. Make yourself a calendar event for Jan 22, 2019. We will then go back and read this prophecy and see if it came to pass. If not, he is a false prophet. Reopen the thread at that time and do a serious evaluation.

Problem is, how to see if the prophecy is true? What is clearly measurable one year from now? Think about it and pull specifics that can be measured directly from his prophecy and in one year we will revisist.