USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not just you, we're all living in the rebellion that comes first, before that man of lawlessness is revealed.

There you go, I rest my case. David wanted to build the Temple, but God said Solomon would do it. It's God that gives the go ahead for Temple building projects. If he didn't let David build one for Him, a man after His own heart, why would he want the people living in Israel right now to build Him one. And let me ask you this, if they went ahead and did build one right now without Authorization, would it meet the criteria to be called a "holy place"???

"But God said to me, ‘You may not build a house for my name, for you are a man of war and have shed blood.’

“And let them make me a sanctuary; that I may dwell among them. According to all that I shew thee, after the pattern of the tabernacle, and the pattern of all the instruments thereof, even so shall ye make it… And look that thou make them after their pattern, which was shewed thee in the mount.”

This is a funny little thread. This thread has more action.

He was right about what he was right about. He was right about the Gospel. He was right about fighting the Gnostics. He was right about the book of Matthew being the only book in the new testament having been originally written in Hebrew. But he wasn't right about the end times. He was way off. But he never claimed to be dogmatic. He said something about the prophetic scriptures being tricky. "But when the time has arrived, and the prediction has come to pass, then the prophecies have a clear and certain exposition"

I can't figure out why anyone would think Irenaeus would be in the know. Polycarp would have known more, he was a disciple of John. But neither Polycarp OR Irenaeus could know what the AofD would be. Daniel was sealed until the time of the end.

Remember knowledge would be increased???

People would run to and Fro???

Hello???
I don't believe there is anything wrong in iranaeus' words

Only in men trying to interpret or add to or take away from what he was saying

And he would have been speaking to those also born of CHRIST's SPIRIT

Upvote 0

Dave Watchman

Jan 10, 2014
✟67,573.00
Faith
Christian
What did you think that knowledge would be of?

How to make indoor plumbing.

How to make electricity.

How to make a car.

How to make a birth control pill.

How to put a man on the moon.

How to transplant a woman's womb into a transgender man so that he can give birth to an infant.

Upvote 0

miknik5

"Let not your heart be troubled"
Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How to make indoor plumbing.

How to make electricity.

How to make a car.

How to make a birth control pill.

How to put a man on the moon.

How to transplant a woman's womb into a transgender man so that he can give birth to an infant.
There's no reason to respond to your post

And so I won't

When you're ready to be serious, let me know

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't want to talk about the sins of the world
There's sin in the world

Once 2 Thessalonians 2 happens, men will be with no one to convict them

That's when the trouble begins

While HE is in the world, HE convicts the world of sin
When HE is taken out of the world, evil will run rampant and every man to his own "house" will do whatever he feels is "right" according to his own eyes with no one to convict him

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,697.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
If David was meant to build the temple, he would have
And GOD does not live in houses built by men
You should study more of what God actually does want of us.
God did, or at least His Shekinah Glory did, occupy Solomon's Temple. It left it when the Israelites apostatized. Ezekiel 10:18
The Shekinah Glory will return to the new Temple built in the last days of this age. Ezekiel 43:1-6

Your comments contradict scripture. A new Temple will be built by the Israelites, Ezekiel 43:10-12 and as we know from New Testament teaching, we Christians are the Israelites of God, His Overcomers!

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You should study more of what God actually does want of us.
God did, or at least His Shekinah Glory did, occupy Solomon's Temple. It left it when the Israelites apostatized. Ezekiel 10:18
The Shekinah Glory will return to the new Temple built in the last days of this age. Ezekiel 43:1-6

Your comments contradict scripture. A new Temple will be built by the Israelites, Ezekiel 43:10-12 and as we know from New Testament teaching, we Christians are the Israelites of God, His Overcomers!
Who is going to build it?

Christians who are clean?
Or those who still have been declared unclean?

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
MOD HAT

This thread is closed at OP request.

As a reminder, the site rules include:

Statement of Purpose and Off-Topic
Read and abide by each forum's Statement of Purpose; Statement of Purpose threads are sticky threads located at the top of the forum's page. Not all forums have a Statement of Purpose thread. Start threads that are relevant to that forum's stated purpose. Submit replies that are relevant to the topic of discussion.​

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.