Los Angeles Area
✟829,782.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
This is what happens when you make a snap decision after a phone call with Erdogan. The military was caught off guard and had no plan to pull people out. While Trump talked about bringing troops back home, the actual military plan was to move them into Iraq to continue the fight against ISIS. Except that Iraq doesn't grant permission for us to keep them in their country.

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Who would have ever thought that this was a decision that deserved more thinking and planning than just the length of time it takes Donald to finish a call with Erdogan and sit on the commode to write out a Tweet?

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,376.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is what happens when you make a snap decision after a phone call with Erdogan. The military was caught off guard and had no plan to pull people out. While Trump talked about bringing troops back home, the actual military plan was to move them into Iraq to continue the fight against ISIS. Except that Iraq doesn't grant permission for us to keep them in their country.
I don't know that the actual plan was to station them in Iraq. I think there was such an uproar that this is what they came up with to try to smooth things over with the GOP. You'd think that if it was an actual Plan they would have been talking to Iraq before they announced the pull out.

• Useful
Reactions: vinsight4u
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,428,588.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Thanks Iraq! Now send the rest of the approximately 6,000 US military personnel home.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,782.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
I don't know that the actual plan was to station them in Iraq. I think there was such an uproar that this is what they came up with to try to smooth things over with the GOP. You'd think that if it was an actual Plan they would have been talking to Iraq before they announced the pull out.

Agreed. There was no planning. I was just trying to distinguish between Trump's 'bring em home' and the military's eventual 'deploy them nearby'.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Who would have ever thought that this was a decision that deserved more thinking and planning than just the length of time it takes Donald to finish a call with Erdogan and sit on the commode to write out a Tweet?
The President apparently had quite a movement that day...

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,782.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
So what's the downside here? Having them in Iraq would be only marginally better than keeping them in Syria...

Downside? That's not the point. My beef is that Donald Trump has given these soldiers less thought than I give to Risk armies.

[Kamchatka to Alaska]

• Agree
Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Downside? That's not the point. My beef is that Donald Trump has given these soldiers less thought than I give to Risk armies.

[Kamchatka to Alaska]
President Trump is still learning Guess Who.

• Agree
Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0

Silverback

Feb 13, 2019
South East
✟66,766.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
The President apparently had quite a movement that day...
Thanks Iraq! Now send the rest of the approximately 6,000 US military personnel home.

I doubt Iraq was consulted on this move, cooler heads will prevail...hopefully. The French should have stepped in and sent the Foreign Legion in to replace us, they would have loved it.

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,413.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums