Iranian Vatican ambassador dies from coronavirus, Iranian VP diagnosed after sitting next to Rouhani

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
From the "Just how bad is this plague in Iran?" files: Iran's vice president - dubbed 'Screaming Mary' for her role in 1979 US embassy crisis - is diagnosed with coronavirus a day after sitting with President Rouhani, as virus kills Regime's former Vatican ambassador

Masoumeh Ebtekar, regarded as the most powerful woman in Iranian politics, was said to have contracted the infection this week, according to local media.

She was seen sitting near President Hassan Rouhani during a meeting of Iranian cabinet members yesterday. Ebtekar's case was said to be mild and she has not been admitted to hospital.
Her diagnosis comes as it emerged today that Iran's former ambassador to the Vatican, Hadi Khosroshahi, died of coronavirus.

News of Ebtekar's infection was published today by the English-language IRAN state-owned daily newspaper via its Twitter account.
Earlier today the head of Iran's parliamentary security and foreign relations commission, Mojtaba Zonnour, announced he had also tested positive for the virus.

This week the country's Deputy Health Minister, Iraj Harirchi, plus two MPs said they had been infected and were under quarantine
.​

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,751.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
From the "Just how bad is this plague in Iran?" files: Iran's vice president - dubbed 'Screaming Mary' for her role in 1979 US embassy crisis - is diagnosed with coronavirus a day after sitting with President Rouhani, as virus kills Regime's former Vatican ambassador

Masoumeh Ebtekar, regarded as the most powerful woman in Iranian politics, was said to have contracted the infection this week, according to local media.

She was seen sitting near President Hassan Rouhani during a meeting of Iranian cabinet members yesterday. Ebtekar's case was said to be mild and she has not been admitted to hospital.
Her diagnosis comes as it emerged today that Iran's former ambassador to the Vatican, Hadi Khosroshahi, died of coronavirus.

News of Ebtekar's infection was published today by the English-language IRAN state-owned daily newspaper via its Twitter account.
Earlier today the head of Iran's parliamentary security and foreign relations commission, Mojtaba Zonnour, announced he had also tested positive for the virus.

This week the country's Deputy Health Minister, Iraj Harirchi, plus two MPs said they had been infected and were under quarantine
.​
And now the Pope is sick.
Pope Francis cancels visit with Rome priests for ‘slight’ illness

Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,333.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,751.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
When they say the pope has a slight illness the cardinals all start checking their schedules in preparation for going to Rome for another conclave.
Are you serious?

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,333.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Are you serious?
Ask all your friends who are cardinals. I'm not saying he's dead already, or even that he's going to die of this illness. Just that the Vatican has historically underplayed papal health issues.

• Agree
Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,751.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Ask all your friends who are cardinals. I'm not saying he's dead already, or even that he's going to die of this illness. Just that the Vatican has historically underplayed papal health issues.
I don't have any friends that are cardinals of the Vatican. But, since they usually play papal health down, could it be that his illness is not slight as reported?

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,333.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I don't have any friends that are cardinals of the Vatican. But, since they usually play papal health down, could it be that his illness is not slight as reported?
That's my thinking. But who knows. By the way, I don't know any cardinals either. Nor any archbishops. Only one bishop. I'm a small timer. So what I say here is speculation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When they say the pope has a slight illness the cardinals all start checking their schedules in preparation for going to Rome for another conclave.
Methinks this conclave would be done by Facetime.

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Wow. Wonder why Iran is hit so hard.

And among officials, too. Makes one wonder how much and what kind of "commerce" is taking place between the two nations.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,333.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Methinks this conclave would be done by Facetime.
A Facetime conclave isn't going to happen. Funny and even somewhat sensible idea though. The requirements are that they seal the cardinals in to the Sistine Chapel. No contact with the outside world until the white smoke. I would think the cardinals would have a pope picked out in ten minutes though, and be going home, face masks intact. Those who dare to even come that is. Might be a good thing too to have a very short conclave.

It's premature to say anything here, but I wish cardinal Sarah well when the time eventually comes. I'll actually be praying and fasting for him to win when the time comes.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And among officials, too. Makes one wonder how much and what kind of "commerce" is taking place between the two nations.
Yes there must some grand cooperation on "stuff."

Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single

If its corona and they're keeping it a secret then they're hitting a new ethical lowpoint! Its essential that this information reaches the authorities, PRONTO!

If the pope is indeed infected with Coronavirus then it's game, set and match. Then its another worldwide plague. Up to 14 days incubation time etc...

Just imagine placing all he has been in touch with under quarantine... two words" FORGET IT!

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If its corona and they're keeping it a secret then they're hitting a new ethical lowpoint! Its essential that this information reaches the authorities, PRONTO!

If the pope is indeed infected with Coronavirus then it's game, set and match. Then its another worldwide plague. Up to 14 days incubation time etc...

Just imagine placing all he has been in touch with under quarantine... two words" FORGET IT!
Agreed, He travels everywhere. Does anyone know where he's traveled lately?

Upvote 0