Iranian conservatives celebrate US decision to abandon nuclear deal

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,454.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
President Trump's decision to pull the US from the Iran nuclear deal drew a fiery response from conservative Iranian lawmakers Wednesday—during the opening session of the country's parliament, they burned a paper American flag and the text of the 2015 deal, chanting "Death to America." But they were scenes of celebration, not anger, the Guardian reports. Hardliners in Iran view the US pullout as an opportunity to gain power over moderates who pushed for the 2015 deal, analysts say. The commander of Iran's Revolutionary Guards issued a statement Wednesday congratulating the country over the US move, saying it "was proved once more that US isn't trustworthy in regards its commitments."

Iran Lawmakers Burn US Flag, Nuclear Deal

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Iranian hatred of the US goes back years. The US once backed the Shah of Iran. Iranian Shiite revolutionaries seized the US embassy in Tehran in 1980 and held Americans hostage. They were furious with America for backing the Shah.

America captured Sadaam Hussein in 2003. Democracy was established in Iraq and the Shiite majority took control. The Shiites discriminated against the Sunnis in Iraq. The Sunnis responded by forming ISIS. ISIS killed Christians, Shiites and Yazidis.

Iranian backed Hezbollah Shiites in Lebanon fired rockets into Israel in 2006. At the same time they launched a commando raid into Jewish Israel resulting in a a war that lasted little more than a month.

The United States recently destroyed an Iranian-Syrian chemical weapons facility with cruise missiles. Israel attacked a missile base in Syria as reported today:
8 Iranians said killed in Syria strike targeting missiles aimed at Israel

Iranian backed forces in Yemen have been firing rockets into Sunni Saudi Arabia. This has increased hostility in the region.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Iran has proven that it can not be trusted.
Yes, they chanted their same old hate for America yesterday and burned our flag.
They got Trump to deal with now and he ain't no Obama.
The sooner that we get them put into their place -- the better.

Trump is talking to Iran just like he talked to North Korea.
And this President means what he says and says what he means.
What a change in policy for the United States.

MB

Upvote 0

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Iran has proven that it can not be trusted.
Yes, they chanted their same old hate for America yesterday and burned our flag.
This will happen when your country installs and maintains a murderous overlord for decades in a once democratic country.

I imagine Americans would feel exact same way if another country did this to them. I expect it would also be very likely that the most extreme religious leaders would gain power.

They got Trump to deal with now and he ain't no Obama.
You are correct about that. Obama was a constitutional scholar, respected by those worked closest with him.

Those who work closest with Trump use other words:
Tillerson calls Trump 'moron,' and tensions escalate

John Kelly reportedly called Trump an idiot - New York Post

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Kentonio
Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟992,958.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Nope, nope. Just more of that 4D chess Trump is playing. Trust me; he's got all of America's (and therefore God's) enemies right where he wants them.

.... And I don't think I have ever made a post on here dripping with more sarcasm, short of this one time I think I recommended Final Fantasy XIII in a post to a fellow RPG fan.

Upvote 0