Iranaeus 130-202AD, Antichrist A Man, A Literal Temple, Destroyed At Jesus Second Coming.

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟783,467.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No Relevance To Revelation 13:4-5 And 42 Literal Months That A "Human Man" Will Have Power In A Future Literal Jerusalem.

Permanently afflicted with futuritis and literalitis, eh? Incapable of seeing God's Hand of power and fulfillment in history. Incapable of recognizing and understanding the prophetic faith and sacrifice of the saints through the ages. In a permanent reverie of futurized fantasy.

History realizes. Futuritis fantasizes.

Reactions: David Kent
Upvote 0

David Kent

Continuing Historicist
Aug 24, 2017
Ashford Kent
✟116,777.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
538 A.D. TO 1798 A.D.

I am aware that there are differences on the beginning and end dates. These seem most accurate to me.

On what do you base that?

1870 was a remarkable year. The Prussians attacked France and the French troops who had been guarding Rome withdrew and went to defend their country. Henry Grattan Guinness was on a two year evangelical mission in Paris at the time and described a ring of fire around the city. He escaped and went to Spain, just as the republican government were cutting through a hill for a new road. The hill was in fact the Inquisition killing grounds and was composed of human bones and ashes, one bone had a nail through it. It is said the chief inquisator had personally despatched at least 120,000 souls.
At that time he began a poem that ended as a history of Rome in the form of a poem. He started writing with the line, "Tell me thou murdress foul, What mean these bones? "
The book is called The City of the Seven Hills.

At the same time the Pope was declared infallible. At the time the cardinal read the declaration, it is said, that there was a terrible thunderstorm and at mid day it was like night and the declaration had to be read by candle light.

Also at that time the king of Italy took control of all Italy, most of which up the that time had been ruled by the pope and the area was known as the Papal States. From then the Pope had no thing to rule over except the RCC until in 1926 Mussolini gave him Vatican City.

I say that the bishop of Rome became pope in 610 as before that they did not claim to be universal bishop. In fact shortly before that the Metropolitan of Constantinople claimed to be universal bishop and the Pope at the time, I think it was Gregory, said whoever claimed that title was the forerunner of Antichrist,

Phocas made the decree that the bishop of Rome was universal bishop in 607, but it didn't take place till the death of Phocas in 610.
Since then the popes have been murderers, rapists, whoremongers, Atheists, robbers, Simonists, not to mention supporters of Mussolini and Hitler.

Reactions: dqhall
Upvote 0

The Times

Feb 9, 2017
Australia
✟90,081.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Was. 1st Century Red Dragon aka Satan

Is not. 1st Century The flood of people sent by Satan to persue the 1st Century Apostolic Church

Is to come. ? Satan in person

Who is not?
Satan

Why?
Because of the daily sacrifice.

Who is to come?
Satan

When?
When the daily sacrifice is removed and the abomination that brings destruction setup.

Who is being removed?
Jesus, who is the daily sacrifice for the atoning of sins.

Who is being installed?
Satan as the earthly messiah.

Conclusion:
Any manifestation of a messiah on earth will be to remove the cross of Christ.

So Satan is going to make a literal entry from his bottomless pitt, to this earthly realm and as it is written......

all those who were leaders in the world;

it makes them rise from their thrones—

all those who were kings over the nations.

10They will all respond,

they will say to you,

You also have become weak, as we are;

you have become like us.”

11All your pomp has been brought down to the grave, (Isaiah 14)

9The realm of the dead below is all astir

to meet you at your coming;

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Iranaeus Saw A Future Literal Human Man As Antichrist, He Saw A Literal Temple In Jerusalem Where He Will Sit, For A Literal 42 Months In Tribulation, And He Will Be Destroyed At The Lord's Second Advent And Final Judgment.

Iranaeus Of Lyon 130-202AD, Against Herseies, Book 5, Chapter 30, PGH 4

4. But he indicates the number of the name now, that when this man comes we may avoid him, being aware who he is: the name, however, is suppressed, because it is not worthy of being proclaimed by the Holy Spirit. For if it had been declared by Him, he (Antichrist) might perhaps continue for a long period. But now as "he was, and is not, and shall ascend out of the abyss, and goes into perdition," as one who has no existence; so neither has his name been declared, for the name of that which does not exist is not proclaimed. But when this Antichrist shall have devastated all things in this world, he will reign for three years and six months, and sit in the temple at Jerusalem; and then the Lord will come from heaven in the clouds, in the glory of the Father, sending this man and those who follow him into the lake of fire; but bringing in for the righteous the times of the kingdom, that is, the rest, the hallowed seventh day; and restoring to Abraham the promised inheritance, in which kingdom the Lord declared, that "many coming from the east and from the west should sit down with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob."

The Islamic gold covered Dome of the Rock is on the temple mount today. The temple sacrifices were ended with the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 AD by the Roman army under Titus whose father Vespasian ruled in Rome.

Nearly 40 years earlier, Jesus entered the temple and turned over the tables of those doing commerce in the temple:

Mark 11:15 (ASV - copyright expired) And they come to Jerusalem: and he entered into the temple, and began to cast out them that sold and them that bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the money-changers, and the seats of them that sold the doves; 16 and he would not suffer that any man should carry a vessel through the temple. 17 And he taught, and said unto them, Is it not written, "My house shall be called a house of prayer for all the nations" but ye have made it a den of robbers. 18 And the chief priests and the scribes heard it, and sought how they might destroy him: for they feared him, for all the multitude was astonished at his teaching.

Hosea 6:6 (WEB - Public Domain) For I desire mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings.

1 Samuel 15:22 (KJV) And Samuel said, has the LORD as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams.

Proverbs 15:8 (KJV) The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to the LORD: but the prayer of the upright is his delight.

Isaiah 1:11 (WEB) “What are the multitude of your sacrifices to me?”, says Yahweh. “I have had enough of the burnt offerings of rams, and the fat of fed animals. I don’t delight in the blood of bulls or of lambs, or of male goats."

Isaiah 1:17 (WEB) Learn to do well. Seek justice. Relieve the oppressed. Judge the fatherless. Plead for the widow.

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟783,467.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
On what do you base that?

1870 was a remarkable year. The Prussians attacked France and the French troops who had been guarding Rome withdrew and went to defend their country. Henry Grattan Guinness was on a two year evangelical mission in Paris at the time and described a ring of fire around the city. He escaped and went to Spain, just as the republican government were cutting through a hill for a new road. The hill was in fact the Inquisition killing grounds and was composed of human bones and ashes, one bone had a nail through it. It is said the chief inquisator had personally despatched at least 120,000 souls.
At that time he began a poem that ended as a history of Rome in the form of a poem. He started writing with the line, "Tell me thou murdress foul, What mean these bones? "
The book is called The City of the Seven Hills.

At the same time the Pope was declared infallible. At the time the cardinal read the declaration, it is said, that there was a terrible thunderstorm and at mid day it was like night and the declaration had to be read by candle light.

Also at that time the king of Italy took control of all Italy, most of which up the that time had been ruled by the pope and the area was known as the Papal States. From then the Pope had no thing to rule over except the RCC until in 1926 Mussolini gave him Vatican City.

I say that the bishop of Rome became pope in 610 as before that they did not claim to be universal bishop. In fact shortly before that the Metropolitan of Constantinople claimed to be universal bishop and the Pope at the time, I think it was Gregory, said whoever claimed that title was the forerunner of Antichrist,

Phocas made the decree that the bishop of Rome was universal bishop in 607, but it didn't take place till the death of Phocas in 610.
Since then the popes have been murderers, rapists, whoremongers, Atheists, robbers, Simonists, not to mention supporters of Mussolini and Hitler.
Good arguments, and my mind is receptive to change.

One question I would have is: In what year did all or a majority of the excesses of the previous 1260 years come to an end, or come closest to coming to an end?

1798 when the pope was taken captive would seem to me to signal that end.

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟83,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Islamic gold covered Dome of the Rock is on the temple mount today. The temple sacrifices were ended with the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 AD by the Roman army under Titus whose father Vespasian ruled in Rome.

Nearly 40 years earlier, Jesus entered the temple and turned over the tables of those doing commerce in the temple:

Mark 11:15 (ASV - copyright expired) And they come to Jerusalem: and he entered into the temple, and began to cast out them that sold and them that bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the money-changers, and the seats of them that sold the doves; 16 and he would not suffer that any man should carry a vessel through the temple. 17 And he taught, and said unto them, Is it not written, "My house shall be called a house of prayer for all the nations" but ye have made it a den of robbers. 18 And the chief priests and the scribes heard it, and sought how they might destroy him: for they feared him, for all the multitude was astonished at his teaching.

Hosea 6:6 (WEB - Public Domain) For I desire mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings.

1 Samuel 15:22 (KJV) And Samuel said, has the LORD as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams.

Proverbs 15:8 (KJV) The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to the LORD: but the prayer of the upright is his delight.

Isaiah 1:11 (WEB) “What are the multitude of your sacrifices to me?”, says Yahweh. “I have had enough of the burnt offerings of rams, and the fat of fed animals. I don’t delight in the blood of bulls or of lambs, or of male goats."

Isaiah 1:17 (WEB) Learn to do well. Seek justice. Relieve the oppressed. Judge the fatherless. Plead for the widow.

Haaretz News:
Christians and Jews Now Compare Trump to Persian King Cyrus – Will He Build the Third Temple?
Like Cyrus 2,500 years ago, Trump is seen as an instrument of God. And the plan: to build the Third Temple on the Temple Mount – where the Al-Aqsa Mosque currently stands

Allison Kaplan Sommer Dec 16, 2017 11:16 PM

BreakingIsraelNews
Trump’s Jerusalem Declaration ‘Enormous Step Towards Bringing Third Temple’
By Adam Eliyahu Berkowitz December 7, 2017 , 9:30 am

CBNNews.com
Is Trump's Jerusalem Declaration an Opportunity to Build Third Temple?

12-12-2017

NewsWeek
Will Trump Hasten the Arrival of the Messiah? Jews and Evangelicals Think So

By Cristina Maza On 12/11/17 at 4:14 PM

WNDNews
Trump's Jerusalem declaration sparks talk of 3rd Temple

Israeli activist: 'Words of prophecy are coming forth from the Bible and becoming facts'
Published: 12/10/2017 at 4:25 PM

Muslim Times
How can we build the Third Temple together?
By Zia H Shah on December 6, 2017

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The Times

Feb 9, 2017
Australia
✟90,081.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
The riddle..........

The beast who once was, and now is not, is an eighth king. He belongs to the seven and is going to his destruction. (Rev 17:11)

The word beast in the Greek is 2342. thérion, meaning a wild beast.

If we also note that this Beast is a king in the singular and therefore he is a wild king.

John pointed to five wild kings who have passed and one is current during his time, which is the sixth.

So to John there is a future seventh wild king to come, then an eighth who also is the same spawn of the seven previous to him.

It would apply that this wild king is some incarnated wild king, who Satan takes possession of.

This would rule out the pope of Rome for the previous six wild kings.

However the seventh and the eighth are closely interrelated and within each other's time and space. So one sits down and the other takes his place so to speak.

This would rule out the SDA version of eschatology.

Because the seventh king reigns for a short space, which alludes to years and in his place emerges the eighth.

The only place that this would be in history, is if both kings exist at the same time and one sits and relinquishes his authority to the other, that is the eighth.

The timing of this event, will bring about social change unparalleled in history and this eighth king works behind the scenes to manifest the final agenda of Satan, to do away with the cross of Christ and to embrace a new religion that the previous generations of his establishment never worshipped, yet the god he will establish will be one which is through lying signs and wonders, that being technological and through technology, his wonders will be like magic to humanity who can not comprehend what secret technology he is using to hypnotise the masses into believing that the cross is no longer important to people. Hence the phrase he will remove the daily sacrifice and install the abomination of desolation.

Any religious entity, who would support the Muslim eschatological claim of messiah coming to break the cross, is the foreplay of the Devil, who first instigates a falling away from the faith and then installs this false god in place of the cross of Christ.

Upvote 0

David Kent

Continuing Historicist
Aug 24, 2017
Ashford Kent
✟116,777.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
Good arguments, and my mind is receptive to change.

One question I would have is: In what year did all or a majority of the excesses of the previous 1260 years come to an end, or come closest to coming to an end?

1798 when the pope was taken captive would seem to me to signal that end.

THE REIGN OF ANTICHRIST

1260yrs.gif

ANTICHRIST IS MOVED EITHER FORWARD OR BACKWARD IN TIME

Ribera's Futurism Puts the Antichrist Into A Future Three and One-half Literal Years.
Alcazar's Preterism Identifies the Antichrist as Nero.
Both of Them Put Antichrist Outside the Middle Ages and the Reformation Period,
Identified by Protestant Historicists as Antichrist's Reign of 1260 Prophetic Years.

That chart quotes 1789 as the French Revelation, but the Revolution was 1789 and from that time the Roman church was overthrown in France, churches being used as stables.

As to 1870, The town of Belfort heroically stood out against the Prussians, in a sort of lion like way. As such they were honoured with the status of a territory rather than a departement. A huge sculpture of a lion is in the town to celebrate this.
Bartholdi's Lion in Belfort, Franche-Comté

As an aide memoire for this event, just look at any Peugeot car. The Lion emblem on the Peugeot car is that of the lion of Belfort. The main Peugeot factory is in Sochaux, Belfort.

Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟783,467.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

THE REIGN OF ANTICHRIST

1260yrs.gif

ANTICHRIST IS MOVED EITHER FORWARD OR BACKWARD IN TIME

Ribera's Futurism Puts the Antichrist Into A Future Three and One-half Literal Years.
Alcazar's Preterism Identifies the Antichrist as Nero.
Both of Them Put Antichrist Outside the Middle Ages and the Reformation Period,
Identified by Protestant Historicists as Antichrist's Reign of 1260 Prophetic Years.

That chart quotes 1789 as the French Revelation, but the Revolution was 1789 and from that time the Roman church was overthrown in France, churches being used as stables.

As to 1870, The town of Belfort heroically stood out against the Prussians, in a sort of lion like way. As such they were honoured with the status of a territory rather than a departement. A huge sculpture of a lion is in the town to celebrate this.
Bartholdi's Lion in Belfort, Franche-Comté

As an aide memoire for this event, just look at any Peugeot car. The Lion emblem on the Peugeot car is that of the lion of Belfort. The main Peugeot factory is in Sochaux, Belfort.
I'd consider the pope being taken captive at Rome, the seat of the papacy, to be of greater significance as a symbol of the end of papal power, than the deposition of the Roman church in France.

But the French deposition was certainly an integral part of the process of which 1798 was the culmination.

Last edited:
Reactions: David Kent
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
If you want to know what the early church really taught, you can buy Elliott's History of apocalyptic interpretation on Amazon for about $20.00 it takes you up to about the French Revolution.
If you really want to know what the earliest Christian writers taught, read what they actually wrote.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Haaretz News:
Christians and Jews Now Compare Trump to Persian King Cyrus – Will He Build the Third Temple?
Like Cyrus 2,500 years ago, Trump is seen as an instrument of God. And the plan: to build the Third Temple on the Temple Mount – where the Al-Aqsa Mosque currently stands

Allison Kaplan Sommer Dec 16, 2017 11:16 PM

BreakingIsraelNews
Trump’s Jerusalem Declaration ‘Enormous Step Towards Bringing Third Temple’
By Adam Eliyahu Berkowitz December 7, 2017 , 9:30 am

CBNNews.com
Is Trump's Jerusalem Declaration an Opportunity to Build Third Temple?

12-12-2017

NewsWeek
Will Trump Hasten the Arrival of the Messiah? Jews and Evangelicals Think So

By Cristina Maza On 12/11/17 at 4:14 PM

WNDNews
Trump's Jerusalem declaration sparks talk of 3rd Temple

Israeli activist: 'Words of prophecy are coming forth from the Bible and becoming facts'
Published: 12/10/2017 at 4:25 PM

Muslim Times
How can we build the Third Temple together?
By Zia H Shah on December 6, 2017

How can modern Christians be so deceived as to believe that building a third temple is a good thing in the eyes of God?

The confusion between the Old Covenant and the New Covenant has produced this error.

Modern Judaisers are responsible for much of the confusion.

• Agree
Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟783,467.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Historicism and Preterism share the same error. Both of them simply assume that the prophetic scriptures do not actually mean what they so explicitly and repeatedly say.
Dispensationalism simply assumes that when Hebrews declares that the old covenant is decayed and vanished, that it has been taken away to establish the new, and that the promises of the new are better than the old; the writer of Hebrews and the Holy Spirit who inspired him do not actually mean what they explicitly say.

Upvote 0

David Kent

Continuing Historicist
Aug 24, 2017
Ashford Kent
✟116,777.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative

The sacrifice was not ended by the destruction of the the Temple by the Roman army, but by the rebellious Jews who murdered all the priests. They also burnt the records office which housed the genealogies, so no one could prove they were a priest. The daily sacrifice failed 45 days before the temple was burnt. Titus begged the Jews to keep the sacrifice going

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Dispensationalism simply assumes that when Hebrews declares that the old covenant is decayed and vanished, that it has been taken away to establish the new, and that the promises of the new are better than the old; the writer of Hebrews and the Holy Spirit who inspired him do not actually mean what they explicitly say.
Actually, Dispensationalists believe AND TEACH that these passages mean EXACTLY what they say.

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Where are those direct quotes that you always demand?

I do not need to prove my statement about what we, as a group, teach. You made an incorrect allegation about what we teach, and I said it was wrong. When I made an incorrect allegation about what you each. You corrected me, and I accepted your correction.

The direct quotations I have demanded have been in regard to allegations about what specific people from long ago taught. That is very different from allegations the doctrines of your own group.

• Agree
Reactions: Truth7t7
Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟83,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How can modern Christians be so deceived as to believe that building a third temple is a good thing in the eyes of God?

The confusion between the Old Covenant and the New Covenant has produced this error.

Modern Judaisers are responsible for much of the confusion.

Nobody ever stated a future temple in Jerusalem was good or blessed by God.
However this will fulfill future prophecy as the antichrist will sit in this temple, 2 Thessalonians 2:3

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nobody ever stated a future temple in Jerusalem was good or blessed by God.

Then why are some Christians sending money to the Temple Institute, and why are some like Pastor Mark Blitz supporting the effort to build a third temple?

Upvote 0