loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
(snip)
Probly best since Trump is in office that Iran does not try to seize a US tanker.
(snip)
Well...if North Korea's leaders example has taught them anything it would be: send President Trump a fawning love letter first, then you can do what ever you like. :wave:
tulc(knows how much President Trump loves those fawning love letters) :clap:

Reactions: Jamsie
Upvote 0

Gigimo

Dec 6, 2015
Ohio
✟96,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Glad your woman is not in there.
uhmmm...she wasn't "my woman" she was the candidate running against the reality tv star.
:wave:

She would be so busy taking foundation bribes that she would not be paying attention.
M-Bob
I'm not sure bringing up people foundations is a good thing considering President Trumps foundation's history:
Donald J. Trump Foundation - Wikipedia
During the 2016 presidential election campaign the foundation's activities came under intense media scrutiny, initially by the Washington Post's David Fahrenthold, who went on to win the 2017 Pulitzer Prize for National Reporting for his investigatory work. Investigations subsequently revealed various ethical and legal violations, including failure to register in New York, self-dealing, and illegal campaign contributions.[5][6][7] In December 2016, Trump attempted to dissolve the foundation, but the office of the New York State Attorney General Eric Schneiderman immediately blocked the dissolution pending completion of its then ongoing investigation.[8]

On June 14, 2018, New York Attorney General Barbara Underwood filed a civil lawsuit against the foundation as well as Trump himself and Trump's three adult children, Ivanka, Eric, and Donald Jr., alleging "persistently illegal conduct" with respect to the foundation's money.[9][10][11] She asked the court for an order dissolving the charity and imposing $2.8 million in restitution and penalties. She also made referrals to the Federal Election Commission (FEC) and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).[12] On June 18, New York Governor Andrew Cuomo's office announced that the governor would refer the civil case to New York's Department of Taxation and Finance if it is requested to do so by the Attorney General's office.[13] Given the violations alleged in the civil case, some experts believe a tax investigation could lead to state criminal charges filed against Trump.[13][14] On December 18, 2018, Attorney General Underwood announced that the foundation had agreed to shut down under court supervision and distribute its remaining assets to court-approved charities, although she did not end investigations of the foundation and its directors.[15]
tulc(just a thought) :wave:

• Agree
Reactions: Jamsie
Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟812,249.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If Obama was in office this mess wouldn't be happening.

Truly, the funniest thing that I have heard all day.

We would probably be an Iranian territory if Obama was still in office.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Then you must have missed when President Trump first disavowed the racist chant of his base and then a couple hours later embraced the racist chant. Because that was all kinds of funny! :D

M-Bob
Or not. :wave:
tulc(believes that's the more likely situation) :)

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Yarddog
Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟812,249.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Now you want to talk about funny and utterly ridiculous, your statement wins the prize.

Upvote 0

Yekcidmij

Presbyterian, Polymath
Feb 18, 2002
East Coast
✟230,239.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gigimo

Dec 6, 2015
Ohio
✟96,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

M-Bob

You mean he would have dump enough money out on the tarmac that they could buy us? (But I thought China was going to buy us)? :scratch:

I can see wanting to help an ally but I don't think he could have gotten away with it even though millions here would have supported it. :doh:

^_^

Upvote 0

DanishLutheran

Dec 22, 2018
Aarhus
✟25,867.00
Country
Denmark
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
If Obama was in office this mess wouldn't be happening.

You have a really short memory, don't you? :D
Even worse than this happened under Obama.

Piracy against neutral ships in waters not your own is casus belli.
Here's hoping that the Brits have worked up the stones to teach the ayatollahs some manners. I'm not holding my breath, though.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟812,249.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You have a really short memory, don't you? :D
Even worse than this happened under Obama.
You don't read, do you? The Navy ships seized in your article were in Iranian waters while the British tanker wasn't.

Iran's actions are a response to actions which originated in Trump's pulling out of a treaty which Iran was in compliance with.

• Agree
Reactions: JackRT
Upvote 0

DanishLutheran

Dec 22, 2018
Aarhus
✟25,867.00
Country
Denmark
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
You don't read, do you?

I do, yes. Do you?

The Navy ships seized in your article were in Iranian waters while the British tanker wasn't.

And one is left to wonder how any POTUS but Obama would have reacted to American soldiers being held hostage. THAT was the point. Which I'm going to go ahead and assume you already knew ;)

Iran's actions are a response to actions which originated in Trump's pulling out of a treaty which Iran was in compliance with.

So, basically, Iran's piracy is Trump's fault, for pulling out of a deal which was never ratified by Congress to the best of my knowledge (and therefore not a treaty in the legally binding sense), and which more or less gave Iran the chance to advance their nuclear program on the side as long as they weren't obvious about it?
Yeah, no.
TDS is quite crippling, I know, but even someone suffering from it SURELY must see that the ayatollahs are to blame for their acts of piracy, not Trump?

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟812,249.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I do, yes. Do you?
Then you just ignored context.

And one is left to wonder how any POTUS but Obama would have reacted to American soldiers being held hostage. THAT was the point. Which I'm going to go ahead and assume you already knew 
Then why did you post an article which didn't support your post? Most Presidents have done as Obama did. Negotiate a peaceful end to the incident.
So, basically, Iran's piracy is Trump's fault, for pulling out of a deal which was never ratified by Congress to the best of my knowledge (and therefore not a treaty in the legally binding sense),
Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action - Wikipedia

The Senate was not needed to make it binding.

and which more or less gave Iran the chance to advance their nuclear program on the side as long as they weren't obvious about it?
Inspectors confirmed Iran was in compliance.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Yekcidmij

Presbyterian, Polymath
Feb 18, 2002
East Coast
✟230,239.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Navy ships seized in your article were in Iranian waters while the British tanker wasn't.

I take your point and agree - very different situations. Arguably, the British Tanker was in Iranian waters (as it falls within a 12nm baseline), but they were conducting a Transit Passage by the UNCLOS, which is why Iran cited a smattering of Article 42 reasons for seizing the ship. Just because the Straights of Hormuz fall within a 12nm territorial water baseline, Iran can't arbitrarily impede vessel traffic when vessels are conducting Transit Passages (Section 2), so long as their abiding by international law (and they are signatories on this law).

https://www.un.org/depts/los/convention_agreements/texts/unclos/unclos_e.pdf

In any case, this is all about an eye-for-an-eye kind of thing. Britain seized their ship and they're just doing the same back.

Upvote 0