Iran says ready for war

Who would be better so as to handle this situation?

• Trump

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Biden

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Other

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Iran shoots down US drone
Amid heightened tensions with the United States, a U.S. Navy MQ-4C high-altitude drone was shot down by an Iranian surface-to-air missile Wednesday evening over the Strait of Hormuz in international airspace, a U.S. official told Fox News. A commander for Iran's Revolutionary Guard said the shooting sends "a clear message" to the U.S. He said while Iran has no intention of war with anyone, it's "ready for war."

US Navy drone shot down by Iranian missile over Strait of Hormuz in 'unprovoked attack,' central command says

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Reactions: anna ~ grace

miamited

Ted
Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi MM,

Well, my gut tells me that the only reason we're in this place is because of the immature and ill-advised actions of our current president. Somehow, I can't imagine that he's going to be the best to handle anything since his handling of it so far is why we're even having this discussion today on June 20, 2019.

Iran was, according to all available data from all the other nations involved in the agreement, doing pretty much what they were supposed to be doing. There was a relative peace and calm between Iran and other nations. Then, for seemingly no discernible reason Trump dropped out of the agreement and began screwing down sanctions on their people. Making life as tough as he could for them just because he could. However, that's pretty much the nature of Trump. Has been most of his adult life. Make 'em bleed! That's his motto to live by.

Now, Iran is in a position where they have to fight back to live. Here's an excerpt from a report concerning the build up to the current situation:

The current standoff began in May 2018 when President Trump reneged on the deal and later implemented a new “maximum pressure” campaign against Iran, which included economic sanctions punishing countries purchasing Iranian oil.

The U.K., France, China, Russia and Germany pledged to abide by the terms of the deal. Nevertheless, U.S. sanctions against Iranian industry at a time when Iran was complying with the deal are collapsing the Iranian economy.

The White House claims its “maximum pressure” policy is working – that Iran is cutting aid to malevolent allies and proxies in the region, including Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, Hezbollah and Hamas.

U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo maintains, without evidence or a tangible timeline, that grueling economic conditions created by the U.S. will turn frustrated Iranians against their leaders, provoking regime change.

Notice that Mike Pompeo maintains that this action will hopefully force a regime change. Once again, U.S. feels perfectly ok with playing out against the political structure of other nations, but...let any of those other nations want to play in our sandbox and it's off with their head. Presently, Trump is working diligently to change the leaders of government in Iran and Venezuela. Why? These are both leaders that it seems apparent have at least as much support, and were put in their positions by a nation of people that gave them at least as much support, as got Trump where he is.

Iran: The President of Iran is elected for a four-year term by direct vote and not permitted to run for a third term or serve for more than 8 years in the office. The current President of Iran is Hassan Rouhani, assumed office on 3 August 2013, after the 2013 Iranian presidential election.

Venezuela: Presidential elections were held in Venezuela on 20 May 2018, with incumbent Nicolás Maduro being re-elected for a second six-year term. ... Maduro was inaugurated on 10 January 2019, leading to the 2019 Venezuelan presidential crisis.

Let me ask you, would you feel it right that Russia try to sway governance in the U.S.? How about Great Britain or Canada or China? Would we want any of them working to overthrow the duly elected leader of our country? Just think, if Trump had waited just two years, Rouhani would be out of Iran just because he would have served as long as he could according to their own constitution.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi again MM,

BTW, you may not recall, but Trump has expressed loud and clear in interviews that he thrives on chaos. It's what gets him out of bed in the morning. This thought as he blinks his eyes open each day, "who am I going to mess with today?"

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi MM,

Well, my gut tells me that the only reason we're in this place is because of the immature and ill-advised actions of our current president. Somehow, I can't imagine that he's going to be the best to handle anything since his handling of it so far is why we're even having this discussion today on June 20, 2019.

Iran was, according to all available data from all the other nations involved in the agreement, doing pretty much what they were supposed to be doing. There was a relative peace and calm between Iran and other nations. Then, for seemingly no discernible reason Trump dropped out of the agreement and began screwing down sanctions on their people. Making life as tough as he could for them just because he could. However, that's pretty much the nature of Trump. Has been most of his adult life. Make 'em bleed! That's his motto to live by.

Now, Iran is in a position where they have to fight back to live. Here's an excerpt from a report concerning the build up to the current situation:

The current standoff began in May 2018 when President Trump reneged on the deal and later implemented a new “maximum pressure” campaign against Iran, which included economic sanctions punishing countries purchasing Iranian oil.

The U.K., France, China, Russia and Germany pledged to abide by the terms of the deal. Nevertheless, U.S. sanctions against Iranian industry at a time when Iran was complying with the deal are collapsing the Iranian economy.

The White House claims its “maximum pressure” policy is working – that Iran is cutting aid to malevolent allies and proxies in the region, including Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, Hezbollah and Hamas.

U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo maintains, without evidence or a tangible timeline, that grueling economic conditions created by the U.S. will turn frustrated Iranians against their leaders, provoking regime change.

Notice that Mike Pompeo maintains that this action will hopefully force a regime change. Once again, U.S. feels perfectly ok with playing out against the political structure of other nations, but...let any of those other nations want to play in our sandbox and it's off with their head. Presently, Trump is working diligently to change the leaders of government in Iran and Venezuela. Why? These are both leaders that it seems apparent have at least as much support, and were put in their positions by a nation of people that gave them at least as much support, as got Trump where he is.

Iran: The President of Iran is elected for a four-year term by direct vote and not permitted to run for a third term or serve for more than 8 years in the office. The current President of Iran is Hassan Rouhani, assumed office on 3 August 2013, after the 2013 Iranian presidential election.

Venezuela: Presidential elections were held in Venezuela on 20 May 2018, with incumbent Nicolás Maduro being re-elected for a second six-year term. ... Maduro was inaugurated on 10 January 2019, leading to the 2019 Venezuelan presidential crisis.

Let me ask you, would you feel it right that Russia try to sway governance in the U.S.? How about Great Britain or Canada or China? Would we want any of them working to overthrow the duly elected leader of our country? Just think, if Trump had waited just two years, Rouhani would be out of Iran just because he would have served as long as he could according to their own constitution.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Hi Ted
I marked your posts informative.
If you have the time please vote in the poll.
Have a blessed day, Bob

Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟816,690.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Trump is president and it is his responsibility to handle. It is military assets and bases that report to him that are involved.

A background issue here is Trumps close relationship with the Saudis who detest Iran with a passion. I wonder to what extent Americas involvement has been driven by their Saudi alliance.
Obama made a bad deal which effectively gave some really bad people in Iran the cash to fund activity in Yemen and Syria which the Saudis have not appreciated. Also it is a matter of time before they declare they have a bomb.

But when it comes down to it if the USA is not going to invade the place it is not going to guarantee destroying Irans emergent nuclear capability. So all it is doing right now is annoying an emergent nuclear power that threatens two of its closest allies in the region Israel and Saudi Arabia. Now I guess this sends a clear message to the Iranians but it is not going to stop them getting a bomb.

Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟816,690.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No. But a few MOBA-drops on their nuclear facilities would.

If they know where they all are and depending how deeply buried and whether the caves are carved out of solid rock etc this non Penetrative GBU-43/B MOAB may or may not be effective. There is a risk of collateral damage in such a strike. Such a strike would have to be a proportionate response to a real threat or danger also.

I was impressed with the cyber attack on their rocket forces. But have they now used that one up. Or can they keep on doing versions of that attack. It seems unlikely without a ground invasion they can 100% eliminate the possibility of an Iranian bomb. The political capital for such an invasion is not there so unless this is just posturing to reassure regional allies it makes no sense.

Upvote 0

Magillacuddy

From the dark, to the light...
Aug 2, 2016
Heartland
✟23,304.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Amid heightened tensions with the United States, a U.S. Navy MQ-4C high-altitude drone was shot down by an Iranian surface-to-air missile Wednesday evening over the Strait of Hormuz in international airspace, a U.S. official told Fox News. A commander for Iran's Revolutionary Guard said the shooting sends "a clear message" to the U.S. He said while Iran has no intention of war with anyone, it's "ready for war."

US Navy drone shot down by Iranian missile over Strait of Hormuz in 'unprovoked attack,' central command says

Death to Iran?

I feel it is our responsibility to think for Iran at this point, and not unduly destroy them, considering they are "ready for war" like Iraq was "ready for war."

To any former Persians now known as crazy Iranian, you are not ready for war with the US.

Upvote 0

WherevertheWindblows

Dec 30, 2018
City
✟7,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is interesting to know.

I can't post it because the guy on that channel uses the F word (and somehow just telling you where to find it is somehow better) but check out Youtube and type in
Tucker Carlson Stops War With Iran! Dems Upset.

He literally changed Trump's mind

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Death to Iran?

I feel it is our responsibility to think for Iran at this point, and not unduly destroy them, considering they are "ready for war" like Iraq was "ready for war."

To any former Persians now known as crazy Iranian, you are not ready for war with the US.

That's not nice and I will let you know that my dentist came from Iran.

The Bible says to love your enemies.
M-Bob

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Magillacuddy

Aug 2, 2016
Heartland
✟23,304.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's not nice and I will let you know that my dentist came from Iran.

The Bible says to love your enemies.
M-Bob

I think death to Iran is not nice, sure. Neither is death to America.

Since your dentist came from Iran, they must be ready for war as well?

Dental Soldier?

Upvote 0

Magillacuddy

Aug 2, 2016
Heartland
✟23,304.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Guess you do not know me well because I believe the same .
M-Bob

I don't know man, I don't know anyone here.

But before some start beating their chest, or crying for the children, or wailing for the loss of Iranian sense, war is hell.

But, truly, if one is going to do it, do it well, kill them all.

I'm sure some snowflakes will be appalled, shocked, quivering even.

In which case perhaps they need shaken from their Internet arguments over every and any thing that is upsetting to them. Good heavens some would end up in a fetal position at a weekend camping trip. More complaining in one day then they grumbled in the desert in forty years.

Upvote 0

DanishLutheran

Dec 22, 2018
Aarhus
✟25,867.00
Country
Denmark
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I don't know man, I don't know anyone here.

But before some start beating their chest, or crying for the children, or wailing for the loss of Iranian sense, war is hell.

But, truly, if one is going to do it, do it well, kill them all.

I'm sure some snowflakes will be appalled, shocked, quivering even.

(bolding mine)
Dude.....
There's nothing snowflakey about being vehemently opposed to the genocide of an entire people. That is ACTUAL nazi-level evil. Not just "He doesn't agree with us, so he's a nazi!" which leftists and those who Americans mistakenly call "liberals" spew.

This is saying openly what the nazis tried to hide.

Try to think about whether or not, when you examine yourself, you actually believe this

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Magillacuddy

Aug 2, 2016
Heartland
✟23,304.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
(bolding mine)
Dude.....
There's nothing snowflakey about being vehemently opposed to the genocide of an entire people. That is ACTUAL nazi-level evil. Not just "He doesn't agree with us, so he's a nazi!" which leftists and those who Americans mistakenly call "liberals" spew.

This is saying openly what the nazis tried to hide.

Try to think about whether or not, when you examine yourself, you actually believe this

That's awesome you are venhemently opposed to genocide, dude.

Since someone posted at thread where an "expert" said America has concentration camps, just like Germany. I'd rather just go with it and see how crazy the "liberal" is that offers the insight.

Of course it came with the required innuendo and insinuation that "See, Trump is like Hitler!"

Unstated of course, wouldn't want to openly state what Nazi's try to hide, as you say.

To help you understand, I will just say people beat their chest about war, for the children perhaps, saying Iranians have beautiful children too, or some such. Like virtue signaling their detest for war.

I don't know any rational person who likes war. I don't know any rational or sane person who embraces genocide. But somehow you think I do, and that is what makes the Internet awesome.

Upvote 0

TheGuide

Feb 5, 2007
Houston, TX
Visit site
✟7,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Regardless what Iran is doing, if they're not coming at us in some way are we really ready to send our sons and daughters to battle?

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Regardless what Iran is doing, if they're not coming at us in some way are we really ready to send our sons and daughters to battle?

When (they join) they know it could happen.

Hasn't been a draft for a long time.

M-Bob

Upvote 0