Flipper

Flippant Dolphin
Feb 19, 2003
✟12,928.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Here's what's going on. Adam's work schedule just did an about face. He was supposed to be off both those weekends, but it's now changed, and he thought I told him different weekends, which got me thinking I had it wrong, but I didn't.

Let me talk to him tonight and figure this out. I think we're still good for your weekend, but I have to beg my boss to get off that Friday so we can go down a bit earlier. He has to work the weekend those other guys will be in St. Louis (btw, if you want to come down too, you can stay with us).

What I'm afraid might have happened, is that he's supposed to work the weekend we are going to Iowa too. Hopefully that's not the case.

BTW, he's seriously thinking about stepping down from management. He is so unhappy right now.

Upvote 0

Phoebe

TwoBrickShyOfAFullLoad
Aug 22, 2002
Iowa
Visit site
✟19,524.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
You can come up, but the fair isn't going on yet. I'm sure we could fing other things to do. Maybe rent a pontoon and go out on the lake again. Maybe Susan and Bobbie could make it.

(My freakish neighbors are still setting off firecrackers.)

I can't believe we only have two weeks of summer PACES left. I've gotten a decent tan again. I get paid for it too! (swimming with the kids)

Upvote 0

Flipper

Flippant Dolphin
Feb 19, 2003
✟12,928.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I'm also cool with just getting caught up again. Adam said we can do it, and I have the Hotel Pattee site up looking for a room.

What do you think? Adam has to work on Friday, but he can get off at 2:00 or 3:00 and we can take off then - that means we won't get there until real late on Friday.

Or, we can both take off on Monday, and just drive up early Saturday, which gives us all day Sunday.

Which would be best with your schedule?

It would be cool if Susan and Bobbie could make it.

Upvote 0

Phoebe

TwoBrickShyOfAFullLoad
Aug 22, 2002
Iowa
Visit site
✟19,524.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Take Monday off!

I was without electricity for about 36 hours. We had 94mph sustained winds early Monday morning. We had micro bursts or a supercell go through. Trees were uprooted all over town and power lines were down. All of the debris left in our yard was from neighboring properties. (we only have one tree now) It was mostly the old, tall trees that were hard hit. Our patio is a mess from leaves and twigs. If the garage hadn't been there to block the wind, our patio fence would have been gone. It was almost as good as having a weak tornado blow through. (we chuckled about the "hurricane" winds in Texas)

Yeah, the hotel is just reopening. I found that out yesterday. The Grand Opening is today or tomorrow. I'll let Mark know you're coming. :D We'll have a huge cookout. We have a freezer full of meat. (FYI -the freezer food stayed frozen) Everyone in the Iowa thread is invited. :D I'll get out the "swimming pool." It'll hold two or three adults at one time. LOL Or we could fill it with ice and beverages of choice. hee hee. I'll invite some of my coworkers. We have a monster grill. We could put salads together on Saturday. This will be loads of fun!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Phoebe

TwoBrickShyOfAFullLoad
Aug 22, 2002
Iowa
Visit site
✟19,524.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
You aren't going to believe this... (Yes, you are still invited up)

Mark broke his leg at work on Wednesday. Compound fracture. They opened him up and inserted a steel rod in the tibia? The lower bone. Then they put in screws. Right leg. I'll tell you more about it later. He's in the hospital until Monday. I came home to do a load of laundry and to feed the cat, pick the JEEP up at Tyson. Feel free to call my cell phone. I think I still have Felicia's and Susan's cell numbers, and Bobbie's if the numbers haven't changed in three years. The fair should be interesting... The guy that's going to the concert with us may be having lung surgery. His right lung is partially collapsed. His left lung was operated on two years ago.

WOO- HOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! :p

Upvote 0

Flipper

Flippant Dolphin
Feb 19, 2003
✟12,928.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Oh poor Mark! Poor kitty.

Please PM me your cell phone. I had it on my computer and it crashed some time ago. I can actually save it on my cell phone now so I'll be able to keep it forever and ever.

Also, let us know what you want us to bring. We do have coolers, you know.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Phoebe

TwoBrickShyOfAFullLoad
Aug 22, 2002
Iowa
Visit site
✟19,524.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I took the next two days off from work. We have to see if we can get Mark's dentures fixed and we need to get a P.T. scheduled to come to the house. He came home with a walker. He can't put any weight on his leg. He goes back for x- rays next week. He's quit smoking. He's got "lung disease." We'll get to the doctor here in town to find out the extent. He's on six meds. Three for the leg, three for the lungs.

Phoebe is still squeeking. It's kinda cute and a little funny. I hope she stays out of Mark's way. (I'll make sure she does)

For anyone that's coming, we drink Pepsi, but I have some Dew, cherry Pepper, 7-up, vanilla coke and maybe some diet Pepsi. The freezer is full of meat. Sirloin, hamburger, pork loin slices, butterfly chops... I may be forgetting something. I bought some salmon. I have shrimp. If there's any specialty dish that you make, you can bring that or get the ingredients here and mix it in my kitchen.

Mark's boss came by tonight and mowed the lawn. That was very nice. He had just mowed another guys lawn(also on leave from work) and came over from there.

Upvote 0