Aug 22, 2002
Iowa
Visit site
✟19,524.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
KGGO had a concert planned at WaterWorks Park for tonight. It got moved to another location. :) They did say it wouldn't get cancelled...

Our first graders will be attempting a fund raiser for the Red Cross in a couple of weeks. I'll keep you all updated.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Phoebe

TwoBrickShyOfAFullLoad
Aug 22, 2002
Iowa
Visit site
✟19,524.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
The fair is always fair. :D

Susie Q., What can you tell me about the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge?
My children are going to be turned into environmentalist this summer. Maybe. If I have anything to say about it. I'll see if I can help them become the good steward.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LammyPammy

Apr 24, 2008
Cedar Rapids area of Iowa
✟15,963.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Looks like I am moving back to Iowa, just out of Cedar Rapids. :wave:

My house there stayed dry and the water was a few miles away. I separated from my husband December of last year and came back to my home town in San Diego. It is getting too expensive and my home back in Iowa is not selling so I am going back to live in it with my son and get it ready to sell.

I don't like San Diego so I am glad to leave but I'm also afraid to go back and not have the kind of support group that I have here in San Diego. I am not going back to reconcile with my husband at this time.

I do feel so much more at peace and relaxed in Iowa though. My house there is beautiful, spacious and safe. My son's school will be close and the bus picks him up right at the door. There is no traffic to speak of and the scenery is corny! :yum:

I plan on living differently than before. Not isolated, but aggressively seeking positive and supportive friendships and keeping active in community service. Post flood there will be MANY opportunities!

Please keep us in your prayers :groupray: and if you are near CR area pm me!

Lammy

Upvote 0

Flipper

Flippant Dolphin
Feb 19, 2003
✟12,928.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Hey, we picked August 8-10 for us to come up right?

There's a tiny bit of a snag, but I might be able to get out of it. The other paralegal is off on the 8th. They kind of don't want both of us off at once, but an exception might be made because it's summer and a Friday. I could pull rank, but I don't like to do that. I'll let you know.

Upvote 0