Iowa man holds horse auction drawing 600 people but he broke no laws, governor says

Johnboy60

Looking For Interesting News.
Dec 28, 2003
Tennessee
✟306,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
An Iowa man held a horse auction this week that drew about 600 people, despite pleas from health officials during a time of social distancing and shelter-in-place orders to fight the novel coronavirus outbreak.

Ura Gingerich held the auction Thursday in Wayne County, about 78 miles south of Des Moines. He told local health officials he wanted to sell his horses so that he could move to Ohio, according to a statement from the Wayne County health officials provided to CNN affiliate

Iowa man holds horse auction drawing 600 people despite coronavirus fears, but he broke no laws, governor says - CNN

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
An Iowa man held a horse auction this week that drew about 600 people, despite pleas from health officials during a time of social distancing and shelter-in-place orders to fight the novel coronavirus outbreak.

Ura Gingerich held the auction Thursday in Wayne County, about 78 miles south of Des Moines. He told local health officials he wanted to sell his horses so that he could move to Ohio, according to a statement from the Wayne County health officials provided to CNN affiliate

Iowa man holds horse auction drawing 600 people despite coronavirus fears, but he broke no laws, governor says - CNN

Not breaking a law is now a news story. These times are truly messed up.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
That there can be flaws in emergency declarations is not surprising. It was outside and hopefully people kept their distance from each other, but the picture provided did not look that way. There Iowa has only 786 current confirmed cases. That almost certainly means that the unconfirmed number is several times that. I would say that the odds are about even that there was at least one person with Covid-19 at the auction.

Reactions: Johnboy60
Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Well the headline could read more as, "Iowa governor doesn't take corvid seriously.

Sure, why not. Most 'news' these days is just opinion anyway. Why would this be any different?

• Agree
Reactions: charsan
Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Sure, why not. Most 'news' these days is just opinion anyway. Why would this be any different?

ummmm....the picture says it all, thats not ilegal? During a pandemic, if thats not at the least a fine or such he's obviously not taking it serioously.

• Agree
Reactions: Kessa
Upvote 0

Gr8Grace

Mar 11, 2018
South Dakota
✟75,931.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

If CNN ran the Midwest..........country OVER. Thank God for the Midwest and not falling for the propaganda.

I am in South Dakota, and am going to an auction tomorrow.......How can I break a law doing that?

Pay attention, be careful, If your sick stay home.....If I see someone who is sick.......stay away.

If I was in New York.....different story.

• Winner
Reactions: charsan
Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If CNN ran the Midwest..........country OVER. Thank God for the Midwest and not falling for the propaganda.

I am in South Dakota, and am going to an auction tomorrow.......How can I break a law doing that?

Pay attention, be careful, If your sick stay home.....If I see someone who is sick.......stay away.

If I was in New York.....different story.

yeah good thing no one is asymptomatic or able to spread the disease while that...

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gr8Grace

Mar 11, 2018
South Dakota
✟75,931.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
yeah good thing no one is asymptomatic or able to spread the disease while that...
Hey we are taking it seriously, but we can't stop life. We have livestock, we have to feed them. we have to deal with other people...........Stay at home, let the cows die? Let the pigs die? Let the chickens die? let the rabbits Die? Let the quail die?

Your butt would be dead if I stayed home.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Or the Iowa Governor knows the constitution and knows how his state rural.
Or it may be all but impossible to close all loopholes in an order that one has had only a few days to craft. Please note that he changed the order after the auction.

Upvote 0

Gr8Grace

Mar 11, 2018
South Dakota
✟75,931.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Or it may be all but impossible to close all loopholes in an order that one has had only a few days to craft. Please note that he changed the order after the auction.
I really don't care about the the order or change of order. Or any "language."

You get people scared enough and start messing with the Midwest........the food supply and chain is disrupted......That is NOT good.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

You get people scared enough and start messing with the Midwest........the food supply and chain is disrupted......That is NOT good.
And the problem is that Covid-19 does not discriminate. It will mess up the food supply given a chance. That is why the governor of Iowa is correct in limiting how people can meet.

I grew up on a farm in Minnesota. I know the shortcomings in the understandings of urban people towards farmers. But farmers have to realize that sometimes others are looking out for them.

Reactions: sfs
Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married

Well, I live in Michigan. It is the Mid-West and currently #3 in both cases and deaths.

• Agree
Upvote 0