Discussion Involving angels of light in ministry?

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,303.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
The Pentecostal ministers from South America years ago asked the North American ones why they avoid the Holy Angels. I studied in Pentecostal circles and found they discourage involving angels. Like it was foolishness. Randy Clark was asked about that, and found there were good things coming from angels in ministry.

King David said, "worship the Lord you His angels." It confuses the enemy.

Is there a correct forum for discussing this?

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, one thing I think of is we are not supposed to try to use and control the angels for things we want.

It seems they stay invisible most of the time; so there could be a reason for this.

One possibility is they are doing exactly whatsoever our Father has them doing, at any moment. And if we could see them and knew they are angels, ones of us might just try to stay with them and even copy-cat them . . . instead of ourselves being submissive to our Father, all the time.

But we have scripture reports of angels making appearances. And they have specific purposes, when they make an appearance. Possibly, these are times when they are reaching people at their level, but then those angels disappear in order to do what is higher and better than humans might be ready to relate with.

Here is what Hebrews 1:13-14 says about angels, I understand >

"But to which of the angels has He ever said:
. .
. . . 'Sit at My right hand,
. . . . .Till I make Your enemies Your footstool'?
Are they not all ministering spirits sent forth to minister for those who will inherit salvation?"

So, to me this means God's holy angels already are involved in ministering for us. One thing I think of is this > an angel is holy, perfectly submissive to our Father, and like Jesus. So, angels can expose us to how they are, so we are changed to be so obedient and pleasing to God like Jesus is.

They are like if Jesus Himself were to come to each of us, often, in order to minister for us to become and to love like Jesus. Instead, Jesus includes His angels in this ministering.

Therefore, indeed, angels are not only chore doers, to protect us and control things for our benefit. But primarily angelic ministry has us changing to become like Jesus > as is the focus . . . I have learned . . . of Paul's ministry >

"Him we preach, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus. To this end I also labor, striving according to His working which works in me mightily." (Colossians 1:28-29)

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,324.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
The Pentecostal ministers from South America years ago asked the North American ones why they avoid the Holy Angels. I studied in Pentecostal circles and found they discourage involving angels. Like it was foolishness. Randy Clark was asked about that, and found there were good things coming from angels in ministry.

King David said, "worship the Lord you His angels." It confuses the enemy.

Is there a correct forum for discussing this?
Angels are fellow servants, they have their tasks, we have ours.

Reactions: jiminpa
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,404.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
There is no record of widespread involvement of angels among Christian believers in the New Testament. I exclude Paul because his ministry and fellowship with the Lord was unique. Also, because we have the indwelling Holy Spirit, whom the Lord said would lead us into all truth, we don't need involvement from angels because we have Someone greater than angels living right inside of us.

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,303.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
King David commanded, worship the Lord you His angels. It confuses the evil spirits... They are always there, literally, we have guardians. They record all our thoughts and deeds for review.

They bring us messages and living water...

The New Testament is a summary, emphasizing it's completeness is a cessationist error they have since they think the the perfect thing to come was not the revelation of God at the second coming but the complete Bible at the death of the last apostle. From 1 Cor 13.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,324.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Cessationism is a wrong direction, producing spiritual results at any cost is also a wrong direction - If you're looking for spiritual assistance, rely on the Holy Spirit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟311,380.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
King David commanded, worship the Lord you His angels. It confuses the evil spirits... They are always there, literally, we have guardians. They record all our thoughts and deeds for review.

They bring us messages and living water...

The New Testament is a summary, emphasizing it's completeness is a cessationist error they have since they think the the perfect thing to come was not the revelation of God at the second coming but the complete Bible at the death of the last apostle. From 1 Cor 13.
I’m quite sure that means that the angels are also subject to Christ.

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟244,718.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Please always be careful.

In this passage talking about false apostles and deceivers is a reminder that satan disguises himself as an angel of light. If ever there was a time the church needed to be aware of deception it's in these last of the last days:

For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. No wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. Therefore it is not surprising if his servants also disguise themselves as servants of righteousness, whose end will be according to their deeds. 2 Corinthians 11:12_15

• Useful
Reactions: mourningdove~
Upvote 0