I'm His
Jun 13, 2011
U.S.A.
✟53,044.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Have you ever thought about what we can't see? I've often wondered what was near us, what's moving by, or just being still. Is it busy, or nothing really going on.
I know that the Bible says angels(or an angel) encamp around believers.

What do you think? It would be awesome..but probably very scary to see what is going on in the invisible world...and I say scary, because I think angels would frighten us. (Their looks)

• Friendly
Reactions: Deade

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Have you ever thought about what we can't see? I've often wondered what was near us, what's moving by, or just being still. Is it busy, or nothing really going on.

What do you think? It would be awesome..but probably very scary to see what is going on in the invisible world...and I say scary, because I think angels would frighten us. (Their looks)
I have often thought that if we could perceive radio waves we probably could see nothing else. They are ubiquitous.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The angels of God are not frightening but messengers from God. Their first words are always peace unto you! Fallen angels on the other hand would look more frightening.

Try it imagine what the spirits of greed, hate, envy, lust, pride, racism, sexism, dishonesty, malice, and anxiety looks like. i would imagine them to look intimidating beyond description. Fiery manifestations i know them to be.

This song is about the wicked.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Therefore he sent horses and chariots and a great army there, and they came by night and surrounded the city. And when the servant of the man of God arose early and went out, there was an army, surrounding the city with horses and chariots. And his servant said to him, “Alas, my master! What shall we do?”

So he answered, “Do not fear, for those who are with us are more than those who are with them.” And Elisha prayed, and said, “Lord, I pray, open his eyes that he may see.” Then the Lord opened the eyes of the young man, and he saw. And behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha. So when the Syrians came down to him, Elisha prayed to the Lord, and said, “Strike this people, I pray, with blindness.” And He struck them with blindness according to the word of Elisha.

Upvote 0

Littlek

I'm His
Jun 13, 2011
U.S.A.
✟53,044.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The angels of God are not frightening but messengers from God. Their first words are always peace unto you! Fallen angels on the other hand would look more frightening.

Try it imagine what the spirits of greed, hate, envy, lust, pride, racism, sexism, dishonesty, malice, and anxiety looks like. i would imagine them to look intimidating beyond description. Fiery manifestations i know them to be.

This song is about the wicked.

I think angels are frightening...they have said, do not fear when they were seen...not frightening as a scary monster..but just different.

• Friendly
Reactions: Deade
Upvote 0

DarkGalaxy501

Jun 2, 2015
USA
✟20,424.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I sometimes wonder if an unseen thing is laughing at the same jokes im telling myself....

But in all seriousness. I dont think we will handle being able to see an angel. Biblical accounts tells that people would tremble or be greatly afraid. And idk if we could handle seeing demons or true evil.

Upvote 0

Deade

Called of God
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, OK
Visit site
✟274,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I think angels are frightening...they have said, do not fear when they were seen...not frightening as a scary monster..but just different.

They may be frightening in their looks depending on their purpose for manifesting a visible body. Just think of the holy angel blocking Balaam and his donkey. But when Gabriel came with messages for Daniel, Joseph (Mary's husband) and Zacharias they weren't frightened. They appeared as chariots of fire dressed for war for Elisha's servant; but on Elisha's and God's side (2 Ki 6:17).

Reactions: Littlek
Upvote 0

Littlek

I'm His
Jun 13, 2011
U.S.A.
✟53,044.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I sometimes wonder if an unseen thing is laughing at the same jokes im telling myself....

But in all seriousness. I dont think we will handle being able to see an angel. Biblical accounts tells that people would tremble or be greatly afraid. And idk if we could handle seeing demons or true evil.

LOL...same here. I laugh at myself all the time, but I am a pretty silly person.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced

We see very little with our natural eyes. There are all kinds of angelic beings that we don't see and there is an invisible conflict of cosmic
proportions going on.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

lol I'm glad I don't know. I actually think it is good that we don't know, or can't see it most of the time because it would unnerve and distract us. There is also the problem of opening up one's life up to demons, and their schemes. This I think becomes a problem with some people who get into studying the paranormal, ufo's and even some Cryptozoological stuff like "bigfoot research" and other similar things.
A good case in point are some famous cases and areas like a place called "Skin Walker ranch" that is supposed to be a hot bed of ufo sightings, paranormal activity and cryptid sightings all in one place. Various researchers and enthusiasts go there for a fun weekend to see something unusual only to find that "something" follows them home....

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Speaking of the invisible world around us and angels:
Well, you may like this Christian film called Heaven's War.

full

Here is a teaser trailer:

And here is a full trailer:
You can rent it at Amazon Prime Video:
Amazon.com: Watch Heaven's War | Prime Video

While the acting is not oscar worthy, the special effects, action sequences, and story is really good.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Littlek

I'm His
Jun 13, 2011
U.S.A.
✟53,044.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Speaking of the invisible world around us and angels:
Well, you may like this Christian film called Heaven's War.

full

Here is a teaser trailer:

And here is a full trailer:
You can rent it at Amazon Prime Video:
Amazon.com: Watch Heaven's War | Prime Video

While the acting is not oscar worthy, the special effects, action sequences, and story is really good.
Thanks! I will put it on my to watch list.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Reactions: Littlek
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Childofgodharrison

Aug 27, 2018
Abilene
✟34,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

There are angels and there are also demons. The demons would be especially scary, because they have fallen from the light to darkness. They are everywhere.

• Agree
Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
There are angels and there are also demons. The demons would be especially scary, because they have fallen from the light to darkness. They are everywhere.

2 Kings 6:
…15When the servant of the man of God got up and went out early in the morning, an army with horses and chariots had surrounded the city. So he asked Elisha, “Oh, my master, what are we to do?” 16“Do not be afraid,” Elisha answered, “for those who are with us are more than those who are with them.”17Then Elisha prayed, “O LORD, please open his eyes that he may see.” And the LORD opened the eyes of the young man, and he saw that the hills were full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha.…

Christians do not need protection from demons. Demons tremble in the presence of the Lord Jesus. If you are born again, Lord Jesus dwells in you. So the demons fear you.

Upvote 0

Childofgodharrison

Aug 27, 2018
Abilene
✟34,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
2 Kings 6:
…15When the servant of the man of God got up and went out early in the morning, an army with horses and chariots had surrounded the city. So he asked Elisha, “Oh, my master, what are we to do?” 16“Do not be afraid,” Elisha answered, “for those who are with us are more than those who are with them.”17Then Elisha prayed, “O LORD, please open his eyes that he may see.” And the LORD opened the eyes of the young man, and he saw that the hills were full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha.…

Christians do not need protection from demons. Demons tremble in the presence of the Lord Jesus. If you are born again, Lord Jesus dwells in you. So the demons fear you.
Oh no you got it all wrong. I'm not saying to fear them, but God allows then to est Christians. The baptism of fire.

Upvote 0

Wilderness Cry

Jul 26, 2022
Olin
✟8,928.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced

I believe that angels have different forms, some of which appear strikingly human. Those that rebelled, I do not believe they look the same but can appear so as the Bible suggests. As for the appearance of angels in the Bible frightening people, I believe it was due to their sudden and God-like appearance, as you may know from reading that some were never recognized as angels until the end of their visit, and some, not at all.

Upvote 0