Anytown USA
✟8,272.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi. Do you guys think it's acceptable to the Lord to use money to invest in things that ordinarily wouldn't be ethical for believers to engage in (at least on a practical sense)

The thing in question is marijuana. I'm fairly sure that things in this sector will eventually blow up and anyone with the right investments in it will make a killing. I'm just trying to weigh what the scripture says regarding money and balance things before moving forward. Thanks in advance for your input!

High Fidelity

Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟897,101.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Marijuana doesn't have to be inherently sinful.

I'd argue that casual use is still enough to be considered sinful, but in a medical setting where it's used as a prescription drug for people with chronic pain or neurological issues, no, I don't believe that's an issue at all.

So the investment then becomes not a matter right or wrong, but more a matter of where you invest and the end user.

Upvote 0

alvin slu

Jan 2, 2018
Anytown USA
✟8,272.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Marijuana doesn't have to be inherently sinful.

I'd argue that casual use is still enough to be considered sinful, but in a medical setting where it's used as a prescription drug for people with chronic pain or neurological issues, no, I don't believe that's an issue at all.

So the investment then becomes not a matter right or wrong, but more a matter of where you invest and the end user.
That's exactly where I stand too. The problem is that there is so much misinformation out there regarding the medicinal use of it that I don't know what to believe right now.

Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟897,101.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
That's exactly where I stand too. The problem is that there is so much misinformation out there regarding the medicinal use of it that I don't know what to believe right now.

I don't think it's a sin any more than taking codeine or tramadol medicinally is. Tramadol, let me tell you, knocks you for six when you first start taking it, as do most morphine-based drugs.

I'm really against the ignorant misinformation spread by people trying to justify their habit that it's some wonder drug that cures cancers and everything else in between, but the fact remains it is very effective in certain cases of pain and neurological issues and to not take advantage of that is unfortunate.

So yes, it is growing both commercially as it's progressively legalised but also medicinally as well.

• Informative
Reactions: alvin slu
Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟378,031.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I wouldn't stake a lot of money on it. Medical marijuana is legal in my state, and from what I've seen, the growth of that sector just isn't enough to get people rich. It's a plant, people can grow their own in their own homes if they have a prescription, and further legalization of this plant will only serve to decentralize control of it, making it less likely that people will make a lot of money off of it.

Upvote 0