Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hi everyone it’s been awhile since I’ve reached out for help,I’ve been trying to fight my own battles and not annoy anyone with my anxieties.But today is too much to bare.
I’m experiencing something I’ve probably went through before but my anxiety level is at a very high state,I’m having anxiety about “how can I be sure I’m praying right?” And “how do I know if I have real genuine faith and it’s not some human effort belief?” And I’m having doubts about Gods existence and feeling like I’m not a Christian at all.Everytime I try to think of something positive and Christian I always have a voice say “your not a Christian,your not an elect” and im having anxiety that whenever after I’m done doing something like playing a game or reading a book thag I put my mind to,I have to get back into the train of thought of focusing on Jesus and I have anxiety that I’m not a real believer if Jesus isn’t always on my mind.

I’m so sorry that I have to bug everyone with my problems again,I just can’t keep going without help from you guys.

TheWhat?

Ate all the treats
Jul 3, 2021
SoCal
✟38,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
There's a few approaches. Some will say you can put your trust in the sacraments, like baptism. I do believe that is true, but let's be real here -- you need something to establish your faith in the sacraments otherwise you'll doubt that too. You can rely on what others tell you, but your faith in their report will only go so far as your faith in those people, and you might doubt them as well.

Personally I started to have experiences the first time I seriously started to read scripture. But, at that time, I felt no compulsion to fear condemnation. I was doing what I was supposed to do, from my perspective, and God was a savior who would save those who seek Him out.

You're a little different, I can tell. You're already convinced enough to fear condemnation, so perhaps the exact same approach may not work for you. Maybe if you read through the Gospels or the Psalms, God may honor that with an experience of His presence. Or if you took some other step of faith, nothing crazy, just something He says to do, even something small may make all the difference.

I know a few people will decry relying on experience, but for me it has been the only reliable connection between myself and everything pertaining to the faith. That's why I keep telling you to pray -- prayer creates a context for answers, which, if you receive one, you'll have a more meaningful experience to start building on.

• Agree
Reactions: Blaise N
Upvote 0

Blaise N

Jul 4, 2021
Midwest US
✟117,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
There's a few approaches. Some will say you can put your trust in the sacraments, like baptism. I do believe that is true, but let's be real here -- you need something to establish your faith in the sacraments otherwise you'll doubt that too. You can rely on what others tell you, but your faith in their report will only go so far as your faith in those people, and you might doubt them as well.

Personally I started to have experiences the first time I seriously started to read scripture. But, at that time, I felt no compulsion to fear condemnation. I was doing what I was supposed to do, from my perspective, and God was a savior who would save those who seek Him out.

You're a little different, I can tell. You're already convinced enough to fear condemnation, so perhaps the exact same approach may not work for you. Maybe if you read through the Gospels or the Psalms, God may honor that with an experience of His presence. Or if you took some other step of faith, nothing crazy, just something He says to do, even something small may make all the difference.

I know a few people will decry relying on experience, but for me it has been the only reliable connection between myself and everything pertaining to the faith. That's why I keep telling you to pray -- prayer creates a context for answers, which, if you receive one, you'll have a more meaningful experience to start building on.
That is one thing I never fail to do,I always pray,the what,if I can can I ask you a question?

Upvote 0

TheWhat?

Ate all the treats
Jul 3, 2021
SoCal
✟38,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
That is one thing I never fail to do,I always pray

Maybe structuring prayer can help. Praying many different prayers too often could make for a confusing situation.

the what,if I can can I ask you a question?

Sure go ahead.

Upvote 0

Blaise N

Jul 4, 2021
Midwest US
✟117,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Maybe structuring prayer can help. Praying many different prayers too often could make for a confusing situation.

Sure go ahead.
In your opinion as a mature Christian,why do you think the Gracious Lord is allowing me to endure so many trials like this at such an early age?

Upvote 0

TheWhat?

Ate all the treats
Jul 3, 2021
SoCal
✟38,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
In your opinion as a mature Christian,why do you think the Gracious Lord is allowing me to endure so many trials like this at such an early age?

I don't know that I have the answer Blaise. There's probably a number of things about you that could be contributing to this which I have no knowledge of. My own healing has required intense effort to unpack things like this and in the process I've uncovered things going back to my early, early childhood. That's something to note btw, prayers for God to simply fix everything may not be yielding results since that may not be what's called for here. I didn't start receiving responses until I started to really think and honestly approach what was going on under the hood, and to let that steer my prayers in a way, and suddenly it was like I received wisdom showing me things about myself, very deeply rooted character flaws caused in part by past events that I didn't even know were there.

You're also not alone, there are a lot of people I've known who have reported serious spiritual struggles especially recently.

Besides that, it could be God wants to establish a more firm foundation for your faith within yourself.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone it’s been awhile since I’ve reached out for help,I’ve been trying to fight my own battles and not annoy anyone with my anxieties.But today is too much to bare.
I’m experiencing something I’ve probably went through before but my anxiety level is at a very high state,I’m having anxiety about “how can I be sure I’m praying right?” And “how do I know if I have real genuine faith and it’s not some human effort belief?” And I’m having doubts about Gods existence and feeling like I’m not a Christian at all.Everytime I try to think of something positive and Christian I always have a voice say “your not a Christian,your not an elect” and im having anxiety that whenever after I’m done doing something like playing a game or reading a book thag I put my mind to,I have to get back into the train of thought of focusing on Jesus and I have anxiety that I’m not a real believer if Jesus isn’t always on my mind.

I’m so sorry that I have to bug everyone with my problems again,I just can’t keep going without help from you guys.
Some of the best advice I ever heard on this subject is to know that we are a human "being", not a human "doing".

That voice in your head is attacking who you are in Christ. And then trying to confirm it by claiming you are not "doing" the stuff you "should be" doing. A guilt trip being laid on you.

I suggest answering that voice by declaring who you are. (James 4:7)

I am a blood-bought child of God. My heavenly Father loves me and cares for me. I can rest in his care. Jesus said, "My yoke is easy, my burden is light."

I actually wrote and recorded a song about this subject.

Devil Talkin'

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King"
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
How have you been feeling Blaise? Prayer is just talking to God and I am sure that God loves any time you go to Him.

Father, please remind Blaise what Your Word says whenever he hears a voice that he is not elect, he doesn't pray right, or feels like he is not a Christian. Thank You that Your Word says nothing can separate us from Your love. Thank You that You call us a chosen race and a royal priesthood. Thank You that because of Your Son we are called righteous and Holy even when we do not feel that way. Just remind him that he belongs to You and to stand firm in courage, for you have not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, love, and a sound mind. Bring him any help and support he needs. Help him look if he needs to. Please encourage him to not give up. In Jesus Name, Amen.

Upvote 0

Waymarker

May 5, 2009
✟19,633.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
..Everytime I try to think of something positive and Christian I always have a voice say “your not a Christian,your not an elect”..

It happens to most of us, it's Satans way of injecting negative thoughts into our minds to sabotage us, it's what he DOES..:)
Pay him no heed-
"Don't give the devil a foothold" (Eph 4:27)
"Resist the devil and he'll flee from you" (James 4:7)

Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Beloved one, I heard,”I’m having anxiety about “how can I be sure I’m praying right?”

Pray this:
“Search me, O God, and know my heart;
Try me, and know my anxieties;
And see if there is any wicked way in me,
And lead me in the way everlasting.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭139:23-24‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
Amen

“Who can discern unintentional sins?
Cleanse me from hidden faults.
Also keep your servant from presumptuous sins, so that they won’t control me.
Then I will be blameless and free of great offense.
May the words of my mouth and the thoughts of my heart be acceptable in your presence, Adonai, my Rock and Redeemer.”
‭‭Tehillim (Psa)‬ ‭19:13-15‬ ‭CJB‬‬
Amen

Beloved one, I heard you,”And “how do I know if I have real genuine faith and it’s not some human effort belief?”

This is what we have heard :
“Simon Peter, a bondservant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who have obtained like precious faith with us by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ:
‭‭II Peter‬ ‭1:1‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Beloved one, we who have obtained like precious faith with holy apostles by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ.

Where is the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ ? The righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ is in the gospel of Jesus Christ.

For we heard:
For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. -Romans 1:16
For in IT (the gospel) the righteousness of God is revealed from faith for faith, as it is written, "The righteous shall live by faith." -Romans 1:17

How the righteousness of God is revealed from faith for faith ? By hearing !

For we heard:
So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ. -Romans 10:17

How do you perceive this is not human effort belief ?
It is because you are assured that Christ whom you believe, that God raised Him from the dead ! If it is human effort belief, they can’t raise the dead to the resurrection of life, to the glory of God.

This is what we have been confirmed by what we heard in the gospel of Christ:
because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. -Romans 10:9

This Jesus God raised up, and of that we all are witnesses. -Acts 2:32

beloved one, I heard you,”And I’m having doubts about Gods existence and feeling like I’m not a Christian at all.”

beloved one, you have believed Christ whom God raised from the dead. Why you can’t believe God exists ?

For we heard:
He was foreknown before the foundation of the world but was made manifest in the last times for the sake of you -1 Peter 1:20
who through Him(Christ) are believers in God, who raised Him(Christ) from the dead and gave Him( Christ) glory, so that your faith and hope are in God. -1 Peter 1:21

So let your faith and hope are in God because God who raised Christ from the dead and gave Him glory.

Beloved one, are you considering that you are not Christian ? Consider this, that we have heard:

The saying is trustworthy, for: If we have died with him, we will also live with him; -2 Timothy 2:11
if we are faithless, he remains faithful' for he cannot deny himself. -2 Timothy 2:13

Beloved one, consider the grace of the Lord, though you may have been faithless, and that He remains faithful. So respond to His grace of repentance. Repent wholeheartedly.

Beloved one, I heard you,”Everytime I try to think of something positive and Christian I always have a voice say “your not a Christian,your not an elect” and im having anxiety that whenever after I’m done doing something like playing a game or reading a book thag I put my mind to,I have to get back into the train of thought of focusing on Jesus and I have anxiety that I’m not a real believer if Jesus isn’t always on my mind.”

Beloved one, the voice that said,”your not a Christian,your not an elect” — this voice didn’t come from you! This voice like to disguise like you. Just consider this :

“Who shall bring a charge against God’s elect? It is God who justifies.
Who is he who condemns? It is Christ who died, and furthermore is also risen, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭8:33-34‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Beloved one, I heard you,”I have anxiety that I’m not a real believer if Jesus isn’t always on my mind.”

Let me ask you,”Will you have anxiety that you are not a real son if your parents aren’t always on your mind?” I believe you have a healthy mind that you still believe you are a real son to your parents, even when your parents aren’t always on your mind. So that “unhealthy thought—that you aren’t a real believer if Jesus isn’t always on your mind.” — cast away that thoughts. Those unhealthy thoughts aren’t yours, so disregard that. Instead, let your mind be filled with the Lord’s words.

Beloved one, consider what is written:
“Seek the Lord while He may be found,
Call upon Him while He is near.
Let the wicked forsake his way,
And the unrighteous man his thoughts;
Let him return to the Lord,
And He will have mercy on him;
And to our God, For He will abundantly pardon.”

‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭55:6-7‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

"So you, by the help of your God, return, hold fast to love and justice, and wait continually for your God." -Hosea 12:6

To God the Father be thanksgiving through Christ. Amen.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Beloved one, pray like the psalmist pray in Psalms 119:4-8‬ ‭CJB‬‬

Lord Jesus Christ,
You laid down your precepts for us to observe with care.
May my ways be steady in observing Your laws of faith.
Then I will not be put to shame, since I will have fixed my sight on all Your mitzvot (commandments)
I thank you with a sincere heart as I learn Your righteous rulings.
I will observe Your laws of liberty;
don’t completely abandon me!
Amen.
‭‭

• Agree
Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Beloved one, cast your care to the Lord, for He cares for you.

Lord Jesus,
I come before You.
Lord,
When I am anxious about many things.
I tell about this anxiety of mine,
I know I can cast on You
because You cares for me bountifully.-1 Peter 5:7
Thank You for listening,
I know You help me.
Amen

• Agree
Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Beloved one, pray according to the Scriptures. Pray according to Psalms 119:25-32

Lord, we who were lost and go astray, declared our ways and You answered us;
Teach us to perceive and understand what You have spoken to us.
Make us who were lost and go astray,to understand Your precepts, so grant us the strength to meditate Your wonderful works.
Lord, don’t let us who were lost and go astray, melt from anxiety and grief.
Lord, grant us who who were lost and go astray, to be strengthen according to Your words.
Keep deceitful ways far from us who were lost and go astray, and favor us with Your gospel.
Lord, grant us who who were lost and go astray, to choose the ways of trust.
Lord,grant us who who were lost and go astray, to set Your rulings before us.
Lord,grant us who who were lost and go astray, the strength to cling to Your instructions.
Lord, let us who who were lost and go astray, not to be put to shame.
Lord,grant us who who were lost and go astray, the strength to run the way of Your commandments, for You have broaden our understanding.
Amen

• Agree
Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Beloved one, consider what we have heard:

They soon forgot His works;
They did not wait for His counsel,
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭106:13‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

So let us remember His works, let us wait for the Lord’s counsel.

What works of the Lord should we remember?
This is what apostle Peter have said:

“This second epistle, beloved, I now write unto you; in both which I stir up your pure minds by way of remembrance: that ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour:”
‭‭2 Peter‬ ‭3:1-2‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Let us remember what has been spoken by prophet Samuel:

As she continued praying before the Lord, Eli observed her mouth. Hannah was speaking in her heart; only her lips moved, and her voice was not heard. Therefore Eli took her to be a drunken woman. And Eli said to her, “How long will you go on being drunk? Put your wine away from you.” But Hannah answered, “No, my Lord, I am a woman troubled in spirit. I have drunk neither wine nor strong drink, but I have been pouring out my soul before the Lord. Do not regard your servant as a worthless woman, for all along I have been speaking out of my great anxiety and vexation.” Then Eli answered, “Go in peace, and the God of Israel grant your petition that you have made to him.” And she said, “Let your servant find favor in your eyes.Then the woman went her way and ate, and her face was no longer sad.”
‭‭1 Samuel‬ ‭1:12-18‬ ‭ESV‬‬

Beloved one, she has spoken out of her great anxiety and vexation. And the Lord has heard her prayers.

Pray, beloved one, pray.

And consider also her prayer, that she has spoken in 1 Samuel 2:1-10.

May the Lord hear your prayers.
To God the Father be thanksgiving through Christ. Amen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums