Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
I believe that you can tell if you are a introvert by how many friends you have on facebook.
I think other factors determine how many friends you have on Facebook. I learned that it is hard to keep up with all my friends' posts, so I don't like to have too many Facebook friends.

Reactions: NurseAbigail
Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
One day I logged on to see over 50 people had friend requested me in one day. This went on for about a week with 50+ sending requests. After checking on some of the people who requested, I determined most of them were the real deal. I'll take favor any way I can. I don't care if they're Facebook people or not. God expanding the borders is God expanding the borders.

Upvote 0

Servant68

Sleepless 300 miles from Seattle
Jun 30, 2015
The Pacific Northwest
✟73,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'm on Facebook for two reasons. One, to keep in touch with my son and daughter and see photos of my grandson. Two, for former classmates to verify that I'm not in jail.

Pretty sure I have right around 100 friends on there. My best friend has over 1200. Crazy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟298,821.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I don't use facebook because I don't have any friends.

You don't miss anything, even if you have lots of friends.

Lots of junk in FB. I thought someone once told "don't do anything in social media that you wouldn't do in person..."

Wisest thing I ever heard concerning social media and Christian living.

For example, you bought a new car, or went to some exotic place. If social media didn't exist, you would have to personally notify all your friends and relatives so they would know you bought a new car or went to an exotic place. However in doing so, how would you look like to your friends?? -- A very arrogant person :)

Just because everyone is doing it nowadays doesn't make it right. Normalcy doesn't right a wrong.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Applekrate

Site Supporter
Apr 2, 2017
Arizona
✟127,410.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Face book for me has been wonderful. I was slow to accept it but, now have 5 pages on face book. There is my personal page, then also have separate pages for different events I host ( drags, car shows ). One page has 18,500 followers. another has under 200. Face Book is a great promotional tool. A few years back, have started advertising on Face Book too. It just makes sense and is very affordable. I run the different pages so I can separate my personal page from all my events pages. When starting on face book, I was very selective on who I would accept as a friend. With time, I have almost reversed this 'policy' of mine and have, maybe 600 friends. I have meet well over half of them, perhaps more.
Facebook has made me money and can be a great place to make money. Facebook has found cars for me to buy ( I deal in old car/collectable parts) that I would not have otherwise known of. Facebook has found some great deals on parts and misc things to buy. I find it just great.
On my personal page, I normally wait until a have a dozen or so requests, then take a few mins to look each one over if I do not know them. Never automatically accept a request until you screen it or, you end up with pron or other junk on your page. When I accept new friends, I always do in batches. Once I accept another batch, I post this picture and have a few paragraphs saved and re post them. It says things like " I am a Bible believing, conservative Christian man who has yet to marry,etc. Further, I also write "we do not have to agree and I welcome discussion the Bible and my faith if you have questions on Christianity, etc". Also state, if you have a filthy mouth and type in swear words on your posts, or if you post nudity or other vulgar pics, I will drop you, etc. Each day, I share and post Biblical teachings, daily messages from well known Bible teachers like RC "Sproul, John MacArthur, Hank Hannegraff, David Jeremiah, Chuck Swindol, Jack Graham and others. Also post scriptures from Bible Gateway. Share posts of other Christian and pro life groups such as- Lifesite news, pro life action league, Franklin Graham, Sarah Palin, Focus on the family, crosswalk.com, The Jesus Alliance, my church and the others I attend, Christian headlines, America Family Association, and so many others. I will only make these shared posts after I have watched or listened to them myself. There is no way to keep in touch with this many people other than through face book. This exploses your friends to Christianity and Christian thinking that many would not normally see.
A a follower in Christ ( Christian ), I am called to share Gods glory each and every day I live. Facebook allows me to do just that with hundreds of friends and you should do the same. Share your faith in Christ on Facebook. Let people know how important your relationship to Christ is and that you believe in the Holy Bible as absolute authority over you.
Yes, face book is wonderful.

Last edited:
Reactions: Servant68
Upvote 0

LoveDivine

May 20, 2015
✟123,516.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Not a very sound hypothesis, haha. For one thing, not everyone uses Facebook. I know some very social people with lots of friends who aren’t in to social media. I would consider myself to be very extroverted and I don’t have a ton of friends on Facebook. Having a ton of Facebook friends only proves that you are very active on social media. Also, some very social or extroverted people are still very discriminating in who they choose to befriend closely. A facebook friendship isn't necessarily close, but you are still inviting that person to see details of your life. I think I have fewer friends than many introverts do, haha.

I think a better indicator is how approachable you are in person. Even then, there are many introverts who are outgoing and good conversationalists.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟298,821.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Not a very sound hypothesis, haha. For one thing, not everyone uses Facebook. I know some very social people with lots of friends who aren’t in to social media. I would consider myself to be very extroverted and I don’t have a ton of friends on Facebook. Having a ton of Facebook friends only proves that you are very active on social media. Also, some very social or extroverted people are still very discriminating in who they choose to befriend closely. A facebook friendship isn't necessarily close, but you are still inviting that person to see details of your life. I think I have fewer friends than many introverts do, haha.

I think a better indicator is how approachable you are in person. Even then, there are many introverts who are outgoing and good conversationalists.

My latest online (not-so-reliable) personality test indicated that I'm 60% extroverted.

Yet, I have stopped using FB. I am certainly not shy. One reason I stopped using FB is I just can't keep up with people's feed. I have a good reason to think they somehow resent it if you don't "like" their feed. I've noticed they stopped liking my feeds when I stopped liking their feeds.

So I ceased all activity so it would be very obvious that I'm no longer using FB.

There are lots of insecurites flying between FB users which can lead to depression, etc. I've seen this myself from people I know like getting insecure from other people's feeds and from actual studies concerning psychological impact of FB use.

FB / social midea is like a gateway to boasting. Bluntly put, it's like "boasting in a can". It's a lot harder and a lot more embarrasing to notify all your friends and relatives about things you did and things you have before social media existed. Social media made it too easy.

We all know that if great things are happening to us and we report it in detail to friends and relatives, some of them are bound to get insecure. This is why the Bible values modesty, humility, meekness, "don't let the right hand knows what the left is doing...", "don't let the others know that I healed you...", seeking lowly places instead of the "high or best seats". Certain things we have to keep to ourselves.

Reactions: Grandpa2390
Upvote 0

Grandpa2390

The Grey
Feb 24, 2017
New Orleans
✟42,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I believe that you can tell if you are a introvert by how many friends you have on facebook.
I disagree.

I think the best definition I have ever heard of introvert/extrovert is that introverts gain energy from isolation where extroverts gain energy from social environments. Me I'm an Extrovert. Put me in a room full of people and I get charged up. energized by talking to people, entertaining them, etc.
I do sometimes need to be alone, but that's normal for everyone. Introverts in a party environment would feel more drained.

Facebook relationships take no effort to maintain... assuming there is even a relationship. As Facebook frequently suggests people to me to be friends that I don't know. I only accept friend requests, or make friend requests to people I know and like. So I only have like 100 friends or so. And sometimes I'll add friends, and we'll get disconnected for a long time and I'll feel the need to purge my friend list. If I haven't spoken to a person in 10 years.... I judge quality, not quantity. Except relatives. Unless those relatives post inappropriate stuff.

What's the point of staying connected to someone you don't talk to, don't really care about any longer, etc.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Grandpa2390

The Grey
Feb 24, 2017
New Orleans
✟42,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
My latest online (not-so-reliable) personality test indicated that I'm 60% extroverted.

Yet, I have stopped using FB. I am certainly not shy. One reason I stopped using FB is I just can't keep up with people's feed. I have a good reason to think they somehow resent it if you don't "like" their feed. I've noticed they stopped liking my feeds when I stopped liking their feeds.

So I ceased all activity so it would be very obvious that I'm no longer using FB.

There are lots of insecurites flying between FB users which can lead to depression, etc. I've seen this myself from people I know like getting insecure from other people's feeds and from actual studies concerning psychological impact of FB use.

FB / social midea is like a gateway to boasting. Bluntly put, it's like "boasting in a can". It's a lot harder and a lot more embarrasing to notify all your friends and relatives about things you did and things you have before social media existed. Social media made it too easy.

We all know that if great things are happening to us and we report it in detail to friends and relatives, some of them are bound to get insecure. This is why the Bible values modesty, humility, meekness, "don't let the right hand knows what the left is doing...", "don't let the others know that I healed you...", seeking lowly places instead of the "high or best seats". Certain things we have to keep to ourselves.

I agree. I have an instagram account. I get on once every other month or so and just scroll down and check out what I've missed. I never comment, I never post. I'm much more of an offline, in person kind of... person.

Upvote 0