• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Introvert

Discussion in 'Requests for Christian Advice' started by Littlek, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Littlek

Littlek I'm His

+238
    Christian
    Married
    Is there anything wrong with being a home body? I am an introvert, and live a pretty simple life. I do have fibromyalgia, so I don't really go out to do much anyway...just a little shopping, visiting family, or walking.
    I was extremely shy at a young age...but getting older, raising kids, and working, did help. I just am not too much of a people person. I guess this is bad being a christian?
    I don't go out looking for people to save..and that kinda feels wrong. I do care for my home, help my husband, keep my grandkids...and help family when needed. I may have led a few people to christ...but its been in my family.

Anyone else an introvert too?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. mama2one

mama2one Well-Known Member

+7,960
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    with Covid, no reason to risk going out
    liking online shopping (didn't do before)
    don't miss going to stores

we did go to parks during summer & walk trails
    soon as it warms, we'll resume

before parenthood, worked & volunteered so put in my time with others

just fine only interacting with husband/child now

Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
  3. public hermit

public hermit social troglodyte Supporter

+5,731
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    Yes, I'm an introvert who his usually around way more people than I would rather be. The ability to work from home because of the pandemic has been introvert heaven.

I wouldn't feel bad about not being an extroverted evangelizer (I'm pretty sure that's not a word). Each member of the body of Christ has a function. Not all functions are the same. Each one of us is a unique snapshot of the infinite beauty of God. No one can glorify God in exactly the same way as you can, because there is only one, unique you. Maybe no one else could have reached that family member in the way that you did. God is using you, as only you can be used by God.

Back to being an introvert. We catch a lot of grief for not being more outgoing. If we're shy or quiet, people think we're stuck up. It's a pain living in a world made for extroverts. So, I'm not going to lie. I found it a bit amusing to hear all the whining from extroverts about being stuck at home. Poor baby.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  4. mlepfitjw

mlepfitjw May you be blessed!

+1,075
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Hello LittleK, am an introvert, and extrovert here.

Love people, the most important thing is to remember who you are in Christ Jesus. That has been the most important reminder to myself in this life where sometimes your mind likes to creep in and be like ' you aren't doing or good enough ' yeah right brain.

The faith of trusting God and the Lord Jesus Christ and loving others is enough and when we stay in relationship with God and the Lord Jesus Christ we can always remember nothing can separate from Gods love in Christ Jesus. We are also able to be set free of our anxiety when we go to God too, sometimes talking to others is hard for me though can manage with Gods help!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  5. Michie

Michie Human rights begin in the womb. Supporter

+38,008
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    I’m a mixture of both in small doses. :D

6. Ancient of Days

Ancient of Days Well-Known Member Supporter

+836
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Constitution
    You sound perfectly normal to me. Jesus often withdrew to solitary places...

1 Thessalonians 4:11 - And that ye study to be quiet, and to do your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you;

We live in an age of people who have to constantly be "amused" Cell phone, TV, etc,etc...
    Its nice to hear there are people who like to "muse" Or to think...
    "Be still and know that I am God"

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. VintageAli

VintageAli New Member

+7
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    In modern American church culture it seems like to be a good Christian you have to be constantly busy - involved in this ministry, that social event, and of course, you must join one (or more) small groups.

But not everyone is the same, and not all (I would say probably most) cannot thrive with that sort of lifestyle.

I don't remember Jesus saying that to follow Him, you have to be an extrovert. I also don't see that everyone is called to be an evangelist (everyone has different giftings.) He's quite capable of saving people (He's the Savior after all.) If there are people outside of our daily lives He wants us introverts crossing paths with I also think He can show us and make it clear (my uber-introverted husband, who goes out of his way to NOT talk to strangers, has had this happen before.)

I know that a lot of people would find it scandalous, but hubby and I no longer attend church, in part because with all the expectations that come along with it, it's just WAY TOO EXHAUSTING. We need rest at this season of our lives, not more busyness. We do occasionally have extroverted friends try to get us involved in church activities. I don't think they will ever be able to understand us, and that the things they thrive on have the opposite effect for us, and I've had to let go of trying to make them understand.

While not written by a believer, the book "Quiet," by Susan Cain, was so helpful for me, in letting go of long-held guilt over not being more extroverted. She talks about our culture, how extroversion is held up as the ideal (she even briefly mentions modern American Christianity.) It was interesting how she contrasted 19th century American culture, and how it once valued the "Man of Character" (virtue and morals were held up as the ideal in a person), and then in the 20th century it shifted to valuing the "Man of Action," where being personable, gregarious and sociable became the new ideals. I think we now see that upheld everywhere as the ideal person, even (sadly) in the church.

8. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Member since 2005 Supporter

+1,068
    United States
    Baptist
    Private
    Jesus and the Gospel can be shared online, through your testimony/articles/memes/videos/etc, via forums, social media, blogs, vlogs, etc. You share the content to plant the seed, then the rest is up to the Holy Spirit then, all the people we unknowingly helped come to salvation, we'll meet in the next life.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. Beanieboy

Beanieboy Senior Veteran

+1,088
    Christian
    People often confuse introversion with shyness. For me, it means I need to recharge by being alone sometimes. It feels very restful to spend a weekend alone. When I teach, I feel like I am expending my energy.,

Extroverts are the opposite, and draw their energy from others.

You are the way God created you. In my experience, often being shy as well, I was often the person people came to when they needed to talk. As an introvert I am a good listener, listen before I respond.

When I was younger, there was a lot of pressure to go street preach and save people because Jesus could come anytime, so we were playing Beat The Clock. It felt awkward, the preaching seemed closer to cult recruitment, and I knew I was listening to other people tell me what God wanted rather than ask God.

I would be more drawn to you, a homebody neighbor inviting me for lemonade on your porch who demonstrated love and their faith gently than the man on the sidewalk with a blowhorn, calling me a sinner and that I have to repent now because Jesus might come in the next 15 minutes.

Be who God created.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List