Paulomycin

Feb 22, 2021
Beaumont/Port Arthur
✟20,988.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Hello, I've been a Reformed Evangelical Christian since 1996. My entire faith statement can be summed up according to the London Baptist Confession 1689, and the Westminster Confession.

More specifically, I am a Neo-Augustinian Monergist with a Thomist Apologetic. <-- Which is somewhat rare, but I heard it's making a comeback. Atheists generally tend to assume all Christian Apologetics is presuppositionalist. It's not.

My scientific position is Epistemological Anarchism (just let scientists do their job). Scientism is not science. Conflict thesis is a myth.

My political position is more or less "red-pilled" Conservative Anti-Dominionist. <-- Jesus Himself literally said His kingdom is not of this Earth. No one can sit on the throne by proxy.

Last edited:

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟788,336.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Hello, I've been a Reformed Evangelical Christian since 1996. My entire faith statement can be summed up according to the London Baptist Confession 1689, and the Westminster Confession.

More specifically, I am a Neo-Augustinian Monergist with a Thomist Apologetic. <-- Which is somewhat rare, but I heard it's making a comeback. Atheists generally tend to assume all Christian Apologetics is presuppositionalist. It's not.

My scientific position is Epistemological Anarchism (just let scientists do their job). Scientism is not science. Conflict thesis is a myth.

My political position is more or less "red-pilled" Conservative Anti-Dominionist. <-- Jesus Himself literally said His kingdom is not of this Earth. No one can sit on the thone by proxy.
Welcome, Brother.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,024.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married

My political position is more or less "red-pilled" Conservative Anti-Dominionist. <-- Jesus Himself literally said His kingdom is not of this Earth. No one can sit on the thone by proxy.
Welcome to CF.

I could never get those baptist confessionals straight, which was the one that encouraged helping the needy?

Reactions: Deade
Upvote 0

Deade

Called of God
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, OK
Visit site
✟274,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hello Paulo, welcome to CF.

I hope you'll enjoy your stay here.

View attachment 295211

98636c6ee64925a19858f8a491d300d2.gif

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Paulomycin

Feb 22, 2021
Beaumont/Port Arthur
✟20,988.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Welcome! And I have know clue what you said... hahaha Time to get my learning on! haha

Apologies. I had to use the theological terms to keep it brief, or else I'd be typing all week. lol. Hope you understand. :ahem:

Upvote 0

PostmodernCondition

Apr 1, 2021
Brisbane
✟8,413.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Private
Wow, never thought I'd stumble across you again. You're part of the reason I steered away from science and started pursuing philosophy instead, in hindsight I was a rather naive atheist.

I must admit, I find your philosophical outlook rather intriguing as you seem to represent the antithesis of how I understand reality. Perhaps eventually when I get enough of a post count up we'll be able to pit our philosophies against one another in a more suitable forum.

Reactions: Mark Quayle
Upvote 0

Paulomycin

Feb 22, 2021
Beaumont/Port Arthur
✟20,988.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Wow, never thought I'd stumble across you again. You're part of the reason I steered away from science and started pursuing philosophy instead, in hindsight I was a rather naive atheist.

That's amazing. Where did we originally chat? Which board?

Upvote 0

PostmodernCondition

Apr 1, 2021
Brisbane
✟8,413.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Private
That's amazing. Where did we originally chat? Which board?

It was back when ShockofGod had his chatroom. I don't recall what my screenname was as I went through a few, but I do recall you bringing up TAG a bit, which was one of the first arguments that I couldn't depend on using science in trying to refute it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Paulomycin

Feb 22, 2021
Beaumont/Port Arthur
✟20,988.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed

It was back when ShockofGod had his chatroom. I don't recall what my screenname was as I went through a few, but I do recall you bringing up TAG a bit, which was one of the first arguments that I couldn't depend on using science in trying to refute it.

Awesome! Yeah, I really liked that format. But the host? Not so much. I'd really like to start that type of board up again.

I've learned a lot since TAG. One of my biggest mistakes was that I didn't realize I was actually using it backwards, from nature --> to God. I thought that it worked in both directions when it really didn't, because TAG is by nature presuppositional (from "God" to everything else).

I also didn't realize that I was relying on more of a Thomistic argument instead, and calling it "TAG" by accident. The information is still good, but the labels were completely wrong. I was unintentionally throwing off anyone trying to research it. So if anyone was arguing that what I was arguing "wasn't TAG," it turns out they were right all along. Sorry, my bad. :sweatsmile:

It's great hearing from someone that was part of the Shock scene. Good memories. Thanks again. :grinning:

Upvote 0

PostmodernCondition

Apr 1, 2021
Brisbane
✟8,413.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Private
Awesome! Yeah, I really liked that format. But the host? Not so much. I'd really like to start that type of board up again.

Nytmare8u runs something of the sort now. Not sure what exactly the rules are with linking, but it's not hard to find.

Upvote 0

Paulomycin

Feb 22, 2021
Beaumont/Port Arthur
✟20,988.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
I could never get those baptist confessionals straight, which was the one that encouraged helping the needy?

Apologies! I overlooked your comment. Sorry about the wait.

The answer to your question is found in Chapter 16 of the London Baptist Confession. Here you go:

1689 LBC: Chapter 16: "Of Good Works" (vor.org)

^ Note particularly Matt 6:2-5, Matt 25:41-43, and James 2:18;22, which follow in the same context as James 2:15-17.

Of course, Reformed Baptist theology will affirm that helping the needy is part of the natural behavior (the fruit) of the true Christian. A good tree will naturally grow good fruit. You can't force a bad tree to bear good fruit. Societal engineering cannot force a bad tree to bear good fruit. You have to be grafted into the true Vine to bear good fruit.

Upvote 0