✟36,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
:wave:Update:

I found someone from a nearby church to answer my questions via email, so nevermind everyone. Thank you though!

Hello!

I'm a college student doing a theology class and I need to interview a pastor of a different denomination. I'm looking at Methodist and Lutheran. I was wondering if a Methodist or Lutheran pastor would be willing to look over these questions and write me some brief responses. It is just 10 short interview questions and it would really help. I will (possibly) be using one of your responses for my school project.

- What would you say is the Doctrine of the Methodist/Lutheran church?

- What are the Methodist/Lutheran church's views on the nature and mission of New Testament Christians

- What is the Methodist/Lutheran Church government (structure of leadership) like?

- Any Sacraments/ordinances (such as Baptism or Communion)?

- From what historical context did these sacraments emerge?

- Does the Methodist/Lutheran church have any Denominational material such as doctrinal statements, prayer books, catechisms, or service books?

- What is unique about the Methodist/Lutheran church?

- How does the Methodist/Lutheran church view evangelism?

- Does the church have a form of children’s ministry?

- What do you think is the significance of the Scriptures to the Christian life?

If you answer these, please let me know what church you pastor and what denomination it is.

Thank you!
Ashley

Last edited:

Ashley755

Aug 9, 2018
south-central region
✟36,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Why don't you just google it and answer it yourself? most churches have statement of what they believe on thier websites or even wikipedia
Wish that was allowed, tbh. But we have to actually find a person to interview.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Wish that was allowed, tbh. But we have to actually find a person to interview.

I had a hunch that that is what was requested. Possibly a chaplain of some institution near you would help out if you're reluctant to just phone a pastor at random and ask for some of his time.

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟472,147.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
:wave:Update:

I found someone from a nearby church to answer my questions via email, so nevermind everyone. Thank you though!

Hello!

I'm a college student doing a theology class and I need to interview a pastor of a different denomination. I'm looking at Methodist and Lutheran. I was wondering if a Methodist or Lutheran pastor would be willing to look over these questions and write me some brief responses. It is just 10 short interview questions and it would really help. I will (possibly) be using one of your responses for my school project.

- What would you say is the Doctrine of the Methodist/Lutheran church?

- What are the Methodist/Lutheran church's views on the nature and mission of New Testament Christians

- What is the Methodist/Lutheran Church government (structure of leadership) like?

- Any Sacraments/ordinances (such as Baptism or Communion)?

- From what historical context did these sacraments emerge?

- Does the Methodist/Lutheran church have any Denominational material such as doctrinal statements, prayer books, catechisms, or service books?

- What is unique about the Methodist/Lutheran church?

- How does the Methodist/Lutheran church view evangelism?

- Does the church have a form of children’s ministry?

- What do you think is the significance of the Scriptures to the Christian life?

If you answer these, please let me know what church you pastor and what denomination it is.

Thank you!
Ashley

If you PM me I can get you in touch with some Methodist and Lutheran pastors who are friends of mine.

Also, are you required to ask the Methodist and Lutheran pastors the same questions? Because for my part, I can think of a great many distinct questions that would be worth asking the Methodist pastor, and the Lutheran pastor, respectively. The questions I would ask the Lutheran pastor would further depend on which Lutheran denomination they served in (ELCA, WELS, LCMS, or one of the smaller Lutheran denominations like ELDONA or the Protest-Ants).

Upvote 0