International standard recognizes Sunday as the 7th day of the week...

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Matthew 5:18: "For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled"

Jesus fulfilled the Old Covenant. His last words were, "It is finished." We have now entered the New Covenant that will last forever.

Upvote 0

frogoon234

Feb 8, 2019
Lexington Park
✟5,839.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus fulfilled the Old Covenant. His last words were, "It is finished." We have now entered the New Covenant that will last forever.
He said it is finished because he was finished pay for our sins. Heaven and earth didn't pass away and it still hasn't passed away. It is beneficial to the christian not imperative to follow the old testament. It will not effect whether you go to heaven or not if we don't follow the old testament.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
: “Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven” (Matthew 5:19).

Read Matthew 5 again, and see how He changed His Father's commandments. It went from mere action, to the deeper elements of the heart.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
He said it is finished because he was finished pay for our sins. Heaven and earth didn't pass away and it still hasn't passed away. It is beneficial to the christian not imperative to follow the old testament. It will not effect whether you go to heaven or not if we don't follow the old testament.

So do you believe if you sin, it doesn't matter because Jesus paid for that sin?

Upvote 0

frogoon234

Feb 8, 2019
Lexington Park
✟5,839.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Read Matthew 5 again, and see how He changed His Father's commandments. It went from mere action, to the deeper elements of the heart.

I don't see it in that chapter dismissing the old testament completely. All it is doing in that passage is emphasizing the more important elements out of the old testament such as "your heart shall not be above your brother", "have no other god's before God" and "love your neighbor as yourself"

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
why do you ask?

Because all you said was Jesus paid for your sins, and we don't have to follow the Old Testament. But that is where the laws are you want to follow.

Upvote 0

frogoon234

Feb 8, 2019
Lexington Park
✟5,839.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Because all you said was Jesus paid for your sins, and we don't have to follow the Old Testament. But that is where the laws are you want to follow.
I never said i wanted to follow the old testament law. However the new testament says "the sabbath (4th commandment) was made for men". Its just being practical. We do benefit in the long run from obeying the old testament to some extent or on some level (1st Corinthians chapter 3). We are not required to obey the old testament to maintain our salvation. I'm not going to get into NOSAS/OSAS atleast not right now.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I never said i wanted to follow the old testament law. However the new testament says "the sabbath (4th commandment) was made for men". Its just being practical. We do benefit in the long run from obeying the old testament to some extent or on some level (1st Corinthians chapter 3). We are not required to obey the old testament to maintain our salvation. I'm not going to get into NOSAS/OSAS atleast not right now.

Me neither. But I do want to know what you believe regarding what Jesus did regarding the issue of sin.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

frogoon234

Feb 8, 2019
Lexington Park
✟5,839.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Me neither. But I do want to know what you believe regarding what Jesus did regarding the issue of sin.
He was sacrificed on the cross for the atonement of our sins (those who accept the sacrifice). And we acknowledge he was resurrected.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
He was sacrificed on the cross for the atonement of our sins (those who accept the sacrifice). And we acknowledge he was resurrected.

He did more than that. What else?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

1stcenturylady

Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
He gave us the Holy Spirit which helps us produce righteousness.

Exactly. He gave us freedom FROM sin.

I need to go, but read these.

John 8:34-36
Romans 6:2 and 7.
Romans 8:1-9
1 John 3:5-9

• Haha
Reactions: frogoon234
Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,147,348.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
ISO 8601 defines a way that computers represent time-related items such as day of the week internally. It has nothing to do with how information is shown visibly, i.e. on screens, printouts, etc. Nor does it say anything about how people are expected to regard days of the week.

It's certainly possible to show a day of the week as the ISO number, but in every program I've ever seen, days of the week are shown as text, e.g. "Sun" or "Sunday," in the user's locale (in effect the user's language).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Sunday: the Sun's Day. Sunday is the seventh day of the week according to the international standard ISO 8601. However, many countries, including the US, Canada and Japan, count Sunday as the first day of the week. Sunday is named after the Sun. The seventh day of the week is the Sun's day.

The Jews say the sabbath is on Saturday. Does it matter what day of the week the Sabbath is?
As long as it is consistently the same day.

"The Sabbath was made for man right?"

Nothing against the Jews, i just see it is as an arbituary issue.
I don't marry the two. I gather for worship on Sunday, and the Sabbath is a better fit on Saturday (although I'm Canadian). these are different days and I'm ok with that.

On the first day, God spoke light into the void and darkness that was earth. Christ is the new first day and he is the new light, when he rose from the grave what I hear again is "Let there be light"; the emphasis is not resting it is "rising".

• Agree
Reactions: frogoon234
Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,167,292.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
No
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, SATURDAY, Sunday.
Not in Greece or Israel.
Monday is "second"
Tuesday is "third"
Wednesday is "fourth"
Thursday is "fifth"
Friday is "preparation"
Saturday is "sabbath"
Sunday in Greek is "of the Lord" and in Hebrew is "first"

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi frogoon,

Well, it's probably well to realize 'what' the ISO is. It is an organization established my man to order standardization. That's not quite the same as God speaking. I would think that a born again believer would easily understand that the world, in general, is not going to follow the teachings or commandments of God. I think the Scriptures themselves make that point pretty clearly.

So, you're welcome to argue whether God's word describes Sunday as the first day of the week or the works of men describe Monday as the first day of the week. It isn't going to make any difference to God. If you, on the other hand, are having a difficult time reconciling that what the world says, does and chooses isn't usually in line with what God says, does and chooses, then I'd suggest you look into the heart of your faith. Is your faith in God or in man?

Oh, and BTW, Sunday has never been nor is not now, the Sabbath.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0