mrsperez

Jan 5, 2006
Lakeland, FL
✟8,623.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Okay, so my hubby and kids were at Home Depot this weekend picking out paint. It was a nice family trip, deciding on colors, etc. As they were mixing our paint, we walked over to choose our paint brushes, tape, etc. I noticed my shopping cart was a bit in the way, so I moved it over some. Two of my children were in the cart, the third was standing next to it. They were entertained with various circulars, paint colors on papers, etc. My husband was pretty close to them, so I decided to walk a little further down the isle. I saw a few people starting to walk down the isle, so I decided to go and make sure the car was not in the way. Then this lady says to me "are these your kids?" and I said "yes" and she says, "well, you really shouldn't leave them so far away" so I said "why don't you mind your own business, I am right here!" and she says "I could have walked away with them" and I said "oh no you couldn't!" :mad:

Then I took the cart to go to then next isle and she passes by me again and gives me a mean look and so I said "at least I have my kids with me, where are yours!" She said absolutely nothing to my face, then proceeded to say "irresponsible parent" as soon as she started walking away.

My husband said that she probably didn't realize he was with me, so it looked like I really was far away, but still, it's not that big of a deal!

Comments? Opinions?

Reactions: sammipher

mstrohm

Feb 10, 2006
Visit site
✟7,814.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
mrsperez said:
Okay, so my hubby and kids were at Home Depot this weekend picking out paint. It was a nice family trip, deciding on colors, etc. As they were mixing our paint, we walked over to choose our paint brushes, tape, etc. I noticed my shopping cart was a bit in the way, so I moved it over some. Two of my children were in the cart, the third was standing next to it. They were entertained with various circulars, paint colors on papers, etc. My husband was pretty close to them, so I decided to walk a little further down the isle. I saw a few people starting to walk down the isle, so I decided to go and make sure the car was not in the way. Then this lady says to me "are these your kids?" and I said "yes" and she says, "well, you really shouldn't leave them so far away" so I said "why don't you mind your own business, I am right here!" and she says "I could have walked away with them" and I said "oh no you couldn't!" :mad:

Then I took the cart to go to then next isle and she passes by me again and gives me a mean look and so I said "at least I have my kids with me, where are yours!" She said absolutely nothing to my face, then proceeded to say "irresponsible parent" as soon as she started walking away.

My husband said that she probably didn't realize he was with me, so it looked like I really was far away, but still, it's not that big of a deal!

Comments? Opinions?
A kind word turns away wrath.

Hurting people hurt others. Yes, she was in the wrong. But maybe you could have smiled and told her you love your children dearly and that is why your husband was right next to them. Then thank her for her concern and say a silent prayer for what ever is causing her pain.

Mark Strohm, Jr.
blog.colossians2.com

Upvote 0

lucypevensie

Not drinking the kool-aid
Supporter
Feb 4, 2002
WI
✟1,769,408.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Boy this makes me fume, and I wasn't even there. Don't you love it when people become experts in matters they know absolutely nothing about?

You probably handled it better than I would have. I'd probably have made reference to my very tall, big husband in the next aisle possibly getting very angry about her comment on stealing OUR children.

Grrrrrr......

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.