Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
"If music brings us together, in a healthy & joyful fashion, then it has a divine purpose & should always be encouraged." --Me

Polish music is generally associated with polka; this wonderful genre was the "pop" in Poland around WWI era, when the US was flooded with Eastern European immigrants (my ancestors included). Thus, we still know of Polish music as polka, because that's what was brought in by the immigrants, and it is maintained by those of us who enjoy this ethnic music.

That being said, it's not just polka that the Poles enjoy; Poland still cycled through all sorts of genres, just as the US did. I'll be learning Polish over Christmas Break, as it may prove useful for my summer job I'll hopefully have in Chicago (prayers appreciated, for gratitude & acceptance onto the job!), and as long as God gave me a brain for languages, I might as well put it to use. So as long as I'm too busy with schoolwork to invest time in language learning, I'm starting with immersion; I looked up Polish music, and this is a diverse mix of rock, blues, and some interesting variations I've never heard before; feel free to look for more & share your favorites!

Enjoy! May God bless us with good music that brings us together!

Unofficial Reverand Alex

Pray in silence...God speaks softly
Site Supporter
Dec 22, 2017
The Mystical Lands of Rural Indiana
Visit site
✟526,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Tadeusz Nalepa reminds me of Pink Floyd.
You're right, it does sound like "Shine on Your Crazy Diamonds" ! Czivone Gitare reminds me of the Beatles' early psychadelics, like the White Album and Sgt. Pepper.

Upvote 0