Overland Park, KS
✟21,887.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm 33 - my wife, a cradle Catholic is 32 and we consider ourselves Orthodox Catholics. We're finding that there are other people in our age groups who are looking for a more orthodox Catholic Church.

The only way we have been able to strengthen our knowledge of the Church is to study (with other folks) the writings of Scott Hahn, Carl Keaton and other apologists. And the posts by Wols and others at the Parlor have been encouraging.

We are very fortunate that we attend a truly orthodox and traditional Catholic Church.

Thanks and God Bless.

Upvote 0

ProCommunioneFacior

I'm an ultra-traditionalist, run for your life ;)
Oct 30, 2003
Mesa, Arizona
Visit site
✟21,647.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It is not orthodox opposed to regular. It is orthodox opposed to heterodox. Orthodox Catholics are the true Catholics that hold to the teachings of the Church. Heterodox Catholics are Catholics that dissent from Catholic teaching.

Upvote 0

ShannonMcCatholic

I swallowed a bug
Feb 2, 2004
✟30,743.00
Faith
Catholic
Women theologians especially ``are bringing questions about the way Mary has traditionally been understood as passive and obedient. They see Mary's relationship to God in a more active, perhaps courageous, way,'' Beattie said.

``I think there is questionable merit in presenting a model of ideal femininity as essentially passive and obedient to a male God, and many women are saying this can lead to social and sexual relationships which are not healthy,'' she said.

``There is a hope among many women in the church that as we re-imagine Mary, we also re-imagine ourselves and society,'' Beattie said.

What is this wretched nonsense?? It makes me ill!!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.