Interesting legal development involving suspended priest Fr. Eduard Perrone.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,670,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Assumption Grotto is well-known throughout the American Catholic world as a haven for the traditional liturgy. Fr. Eduard Perrone is the man responsible for the establishment of that haven.

So when abuse allegations were floated against him, there was considerable shock. Despite my differences with the parish (we attend the Institute's Saint Joseph Shrine for the traditional liturgy), the allegations against Perrone didn't pass a 10 yard sniff test for me.

And the more I read, the more it looked like an overzealous sheriff's detective was looking for his scalp.

The still-suspended Perrone was able to retain counsel, and filed a civil defamation suit against the detective in question, Sgt. Nancy LePage.

On Friday, a three-attorney panel in Macomb County issued a case evaluation award of $125,000 in favor of Fr. Perrone

Now, understand that this is not a payable judgment--at least not yet. But it is newsworthy and has additional potential legal implications.

Continued below.
Dyspeptic Mutterings: Interesting legal development involving suspended priest Fr. Eduard Perrone.

Broken Fence

God with us!
Site Supporter
May 1, 2020
TX to New Heaven, New Earth, New Jerusalem
✟142,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Yep systematic break down worldwide. And oh yea anti-christian views going around the globe. By the time this all over I am sure Christianity will be blamed for something.

Upvote 0