• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Interesting devotion I had to start my day.

Discussion in 'One Bread, One Body - Catholic' started by Michie, Sep 11, 2019 at 1:06 PM.

1. Michie

Michie Human rights begin in the womb. Supporter

+23,239
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    *You are in the Catholic forum*

I have this devotional calendar that was given to me. It's not Catholic as the giver was not Catholic. The devotionals can be a bit blah for my tastes but I thought today's devotion was interesting. So I decided to share it here. I would be interested in what others think as well.

Some people try to prove there will be no gender in Heaven by citing Paul's statement that in Christ there is neither "male nor female" (Galatians 3:28). But Paul refers to something that's already true on Earth: the equality of men and women in Christ. The issue isn't the obliteration of sexuality (you don't lose your gender at conversion). Was Jesus genderless after His resurrection? Of course not. No one mistook Him for a woman- or as androgynous. We'll never be genderless because human bodies aren't genderless. The point of the resurrection is that we will have real human bodies essentially linked to our original ones. Gender is a God-created aspect of humanity.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Dave-W

Dave-W Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner! Supporter

+15,151
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    US-Others
    A fair treatment. I have never heard that verse used that way, Usually to prove that point they quote something like one of these verses:

Matthew 22:30
    For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven.

Mark 12:25
    For when they rise from the dead, they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven.

They also use it to "prove" angels are genderless.

3. lambofgod43985889

lambofgod43985889 Active Member Supporter

+135
    Argentina
    Protestant
    Private
    the authority is:
    god
    jesus
    man
    woman