Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
What is the shortest chapter in the Bible?

Psalms 117

What is the longest chapter in the Bible?

Psalms 119

Which chapter is the center of the Bible?

Psalms 118

There are 594 chapters before Psalms 118.

There are 594 chapters after Psalms 118.

Add these numbers up and you get 1188.

What is the center verse in the Bible?

Psalms 118:8

Does this verse say something significant about God's will for our lives? The next time someone says they would like to find God's will for their lives and they want to be in the center of His will, just send them to the center of His Word!

Psalms 118:8 "Its is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man."

Become centered in His Word and Will.

Reactions: juvenissun
R

rikerjoe

There are 594 chapters up to and including Psalm 116, and 594 Chapter from 118 onwards and including 118. Therefore the center chapter is Psalm 117, not 118. And since Psalm 117 is 2 verses long, there is no "center verse".

If you want the Center Verse, you have to count the verses, not the chapters. KJV has 31174 verses. Since that is an even number, there is no Center verse at all.

Upvote 0

Mr Strawberry

Jan 20, 2012
Great Britain
✟12,542.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Another interesting fact:

Estimated number of people god kills in the bible varies between 2 million and 25 million. All of them heading for hell presumably.

And, apparently, the number of people killed by satan in the bible is 10, which is an interesting comparison given that the authors of the bible intended one of these characters to represent ultimate goodness and the other ultimate evil.

That bible sure is one mixed up book...or had very mixed up authors.

Reactions: Satt
Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist

Estimated number of people god kills in the bible varies between 2 million and 25 million. All of them heading for hell presumably.

And, apparently, the number of people killed by satan in the bible is 10, which is an interesting comparison given that the authors of the bible intended one of these characters to represent ultimate goodness and the other ultimate evil.

Dear Mr Strawberry, UnTrue, since Satan has caused the physical death of ALL humans up to the present time. You must learn to count or everyone will think that you're an uneducated unbeliever. I've heard the figure that there are twice as many people alive today as have ever lived. IF so, then your figure is off by several BILLION. Try to do better.

BTW, Since God is the Author of Scripture, your disagreement is with your final Judge. Calling your Judge "mixed up" exposes your true intelligence.

In Love,
Aman

Upvote 0

Mr Strawberry

Jan 20, 2012
Great Britain
✟12,542.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Dear Mr Strawberry, UnTrue, since Satan has caused the physical death of ALL humans up to the present time. You must learn to count or everyone will think that you're an uneducated unbeliever. I've heard the figure that there are twice as many people alive today as have ever lived. IF so, then your figure is off by several BILLION. Try to do better.

We are talking about the bible. Do try and concentrate.

BTW, Since God is the Author of Scripture, your disagreement is with your final Judge. Calling your Judge "mixed up" exposes your true intelligence.

In Love,
Aman
Interesting that your only response is to warn me about criticising your loving god in case it results in me ending up being tortured in hell for all eternity. Meanwhile, you can;t actually dispute the interesting fact I pointed out about your bible. And that is because what I pointed out is true.

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
We are talking about the bible. Do try and concentrate.

Dear Mr Strawberry, I was talking about the Lie which your father told Eve. You seem to have the same problem. "Hath God said" he told her.

Interesting that your only response is to warn me about criticising your loving god in case it results in me ending up being tortured in hell for all eternity. Meanwhile, you can;t actually dispute the interesting fact I pointed out about your bible. And that is because what I pointed out is true.

You were completely wrong about what the Bible teaches. Satan lied to Eve and she lost her Shekinah Glory, thus tempting Adam to desire to "know" her. So, it's his fault that ALL humans die. Have you ever read Genesis?

BTW, Do try and concentrate on what we are discussing, since you claim that my only response was to warn you, and then listed my response about your father. I also did NOT warn you of anything, but just commented on your intelligence level. Your own guilty conscience is what warned you.

In Love,
Aman

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

clontzjm

Jul 12, 2013
✟7,645.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Did you know that John the Baptist spoke in rhymes? Below are several of the Hebrew rhymes (puns) that appear in the dialogue of John the Baptist:

John 1:26 “John answered them, "I baptize with water; there has stood {“Stood” (עמד)} One among you whom you do not know {“Know” (יודע)}.””

Matthew 3:7-8 “But when he saw many of the Pharisees {“Pharisees” (הפרושים)} and Sadducees coming to his baptism, he said to them, “You brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the wrath to come? 8 Bear fruit {“Bear Fruit” (פרי עשו)} worthy of repentance.”

Matthew 3:9 “And do not think to say to yourselves, ‘We have Abraham as our father.’ For I tell you that God {“God” (אלקים)} is able from these stones {“Stones” (אבן)} to raise {“Raise Up” (להקים)} children {“Sons” (בן)} for Abraham.”

All of these puns will reappear in later portions of the Gospel of Matthew. [Text is from The Passion: The Poetry of God]

J. Clontz - Editor of the Comprehensive New Testament

Upvote 0

Mr Strawberry

Jan 20, 2012
Great Britain
✟12,542.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
You were completely wrong about what the Bible teaches. Satan lied to Eve and she lost her Shekinah Glory, thus tempting Adam to desire to "know" her. So, it's his fault that ALL humans die. Have you ever read Genesis?

Apportioning blame for eve eating the fruit is a whole different subject, and one in which your god doesn't come out at all well, but we are only discussing how many people are actually killed by the lead characters in your favourite book. Unfortunately for you, your god comes out of that rather badly too. According to the bible your god can't get enough of killing people.

BTW, Do try and concentrate on what we are discussing, since you claim that my only response was to warn you, and then listed my response about your father. I also did NOT warn you of anything, but just commented on your intelligence level. Your own guilty conscience is what warned you.

In Love,
Aman

My father? Oh, you mean your god? Very confusing. If your god wrote the bible then he is indeed an extremely mixed up person and the only reason that saying so would be called unintelligent is if it meant something dreadful was going to happen to me, (which would be difficult as he is a fictional character). All I'm doing is telling you what your own bible says about him. If you don't like the fact that your god murders millions of people in your favourite book, it is hardly my fault.

Upvote 0

Justatruthseeker

Site Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Tulsa, OK USA
✟155,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others

Or Satan is the cause of all of them being fooled into unbelief and damnation so in reality killed all of them. If I warn you not to step on my property or I will shoot you and Joeblow tricks you into stepping on my property and you get shot in the head, who's fault is it really? Satan just prefers trickery and fancy words, and rarely gets his hands dirty is all. So no, trickery and fancy words will get you nowhere.

Upvote 0

Justatruthseeker

Site Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Tulsa, OK USA
✟155,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
You mean they are not all the same??? :eek:

Yes, there might be one or two minor differences. But then science has at least 50 theories on Black Holes, Neutron Stars, Dark Matter, Redshift, Novae and evolution; so what you complaining about, you should be used to major contradictions by now, instead of just minor ones.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mr Strawberry

Jan 20, 2012
Great Britain
✟12,542.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Or Satan is the cause of all of them being fooled into unbelief and damnation so in reality killed all of them. If I warn you not to step on my property or I will shoot you and Joeblow tricks you into stepping on my property and you get shot in the head, who's fault is it really? Satan just prefers trickery and fancy words, and rarely gets his hands dirty is all. So no, trickery and fancy words will get you nowhere.

So when your god kills millions of people in the bible, it's not his fault, it's satan's. Right. Do you think that would work for all murders? Or is your god a special case who can kill without responsibility?

Upvote 0

Justatruthseeker

Site Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Tulsa, OK USA
✟155,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
So when your god kills millions of people in the bible, it's not his fault, it's satan's. Right. Do you think that would work for all murders? Or is your god a special case who can kill without responsibility?

Only because you do not want to have to be responsible for your own actions. You and they were given free will, you got no excuse, the entire universe declares His Power and invisible qualities, energy. If you want to live forever, to transform from matter to energy without loss of identity, you must follow the rules and accept responsibility when you do not. Even the cosmos is orderly and bounded by laws. You think you are exempt from the laws of the gravity and the universe? The laws of man? Then what in your brain makes you think you are exempt from the laws of God? Merely a shuffle play, a distraction, the serpent's favorite ploy, trickery and deceit.

Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
There are 594 chapters up to and including Psalm 116, and 594 Chapter from 118 onwards and including 118. Therefore the center chapter is Psalm 117, not 118. And since Psalm 117 is 2 verses long, there is no "center verse".

If you want the Center Verse, you have to count the verses, not the chapters. KJV has 31174 verses. Since that is an even number, there is no Center verse at all.

Beat me to it.

Did you know that John the Baptist spoke in rhymes? Below are several of the Hebrew rhymes (puns) that appear in the dialogue of John the Baptist:

John 1:26 “John answered them, "I baptize with water; there has stood {“Stood” (עמד)} One among you whom you do not know {“Know” (יודע)}.””

Matthew 3:7-8 “But when he saw many of the Pharisees {“Pharisees” (הפרושים)} and Sadducees coming to his baptism, he said to them, “You brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the wrath to come? 8 Bear fruit {“Bear Fruit” (פרי עשו)} worthy of repentance.”

Matthew 3:9 “And do not think to say to yourselves, ‘We have Abraham as our father.’ For I tell you that God {“God” (אלקים)} is able from these stones {“Stones” (אבן)} to raise {“Raise Up” (להקים)} children {“Sons” (בן)} for Abraham.”

All of these puns will reappear in later portions of the Gospel of Matthew. [Text is from The Passion: The Poetry of God]

J. Clontz - Editor of the Comprehensive New Testament

That's actually quite interesting, I didn't know that. :thumbsup:

Names please? Verses please?

I think one of them he was referring to is probably Enoch. Not sure about the other one.

Upvote 0