United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
BREAKING: Anglican Bishop and Queen's Chaplain Converts to Catholicism

Yes - I do remember the storm that the 'incident' in the Episcopal Cathedral caused

I saw that! Let them all enter the Church, let the British Crown convert and reverse the 1701 Acts of Settlement, undo Henry VIII's revolt and restore the relationship between Britain and Rome! DEUS VULT!

Sad to see the continued decomposition of Anglicanism, but this guy looks like he will be a wonderful addition to the Catholic Church.

Indeed, if only he joins their Ordinariate so he can further integrate the Anglican Use Mass into worldwide Catholic life.

Upvote 0

Bob Crowley

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟755,089.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I've mentioned this before, but my wise, rather prophetic Presbyterian pastor predicted a few things before he died way back in 1992.

One was that he thought Western Europe would go Moslem, although it would be for political and economic reasons rather than religious, largely tied up with oil supplies.

Another was that the Russians would revert to their Orthodox faith. They've got plenty of oil of their own, and they've got a history of not letting others shove them around. They're also well armed.

And a third was that he thought Britain would revert to Catholicism.

We'll see what happens. They all seem to be possibly on the cards.

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟425,827.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Another was that the Russians would revert to their Orthodox faith. They've got plenty of oil of their own, and they've got a history of not letting others shove them around. They're also well armed.

The Russians don't answer to anybody either, so if any terrorist organizations make the mistake of overstepping, Putin won't hesitate to carpet bomb their whole playhouse.

Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,234,510.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I've mentioned this before, but my wise, rather prophetic Presbyterian pastor predicted a few things before he died way back in 1992.

One was that he thought Western Europe would go Moslem,

And a third was that he thought Britain would revert to Catholicism.

We'll see what happens. They all seem to be possibly on the cards.
Britain looks like it will go majority Muslim with Catholicism in second place. Already more Catholics gather on Sunday than do Anglicans on Sunday. But already more Muslims gather on Friday than Anglicans do on Sunday. Anglicanism is kaput. It will very slowly die out because it has huge endowments, particularly all of the church buildings they 'borrowed' from the Catholic Church. Those they will probably slowly sell off to the Muslims to be converted to mosques.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,234,510.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Indeed, if only he joins their Ordinariate so he can further integrate the Anglican Use Mass into worldwide Catholic life.
It will be a slow process for him if he wishes to be incardinated as a Catholic priest and maybe as a Catholic bishop (presuming he is not married). Ordinariate people are looking into it. It would be logical that he become involved in an Ordinariate and I hope he does.

• Agree
Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0