undisclosed Bunker
✟289,335.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Are Black Holes Actually Dark Energy Stars?

Just putting it here to share because I liked it. In this model, the 'weirdness' at the event horizon isn't really all that weird - it's like the transition point of spacetime from solid to gas (using an analogy)

Kinda cool.

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟242,837.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't know enough about this area of physics to have much of an opinion, but it sounds like an interesting idea. Hopefully more observations will support of refute it adequately to answer the question.

Upvote 0

Tinker Grey

Wanderer
Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟930,398.00
Faith
Atheist

Just putting it here to share because I liked it. In this model, the 'weirdness' at the event horizon isn't really all that weird - it's like the transition point of spacetime from solid to gas (using an analogy)

Kinda cool.
Wow. Could answer some questions. (Probably not, but the investigation of this -- if it can be -- could yield interesting results.)

Upvote 0

[serious]

'As we treat the least of our brothers...' RIP GA
Site Supporter
Aug 29, 2006
✟72,846.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Kinda cool.
"Are Black Holes Actually Dark Energy Stars?"

Short answer is "no."

Black holes were an early candidate for the hunt for dark matter, but were ruled out. Dark matter is what causes galaxies to move as if they had much more mass than can be accounted for by stars, planets, and dust.

Dark energy, on the other hand, is a term for whatever is causing large scale expansion between galaxies (slight simplification there). Black holes have not been observed to have any repulsive properties.

Upvote 0