pursuing Christ
Apr 12, 2005
in Christ
✟25,915.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have read through the entire Bible from beginning to end a few times in different translations and have read many parts or books of the Bible even more times, but every once in a while I see something that I have never noticed before even though I must have read it before.
Sometimes it is the wording in a particular translation that may make a phrase jump out at me or something and other times it is just something interesting that I apparantly had not noticed before.
So the other day I read Jeremiah ch. 30.

This is the first sentence of
Jeremiah 30:6 Ask now and see whether a man can give birth.

I just never noticed that before and it just cracks me up. :D
I think that is now my favorite unusual sentence in the Bible.

Are there things that you have found in the Bible that you had not realized were there or that stuck out at you as funny or unusual?

BRISH

Loved
Jun 16, 2009
✟15,775.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
(Looks like the making of a fun thread :thumbsup:

Interesting verse below, well to me anyways ;)

Genesis 1: 14

Then God said, "Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night, and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days and years;

I had never heard of this until last night. I'm going through Genesis right now and on my way to reading through.

I just always assumed that men were the ones to "make up" the constellations. "If you look hard enough, you'll see it". God did this though. Just...wow :) How very cool, and thoughtful. :D

Btw.......Orion's belt is pretty clear tonight ~smile~

Upvote 0

tansy

Jan 12, 2008
✟35,507.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've found loads of Bible verses amusing..but unfortunately I can't think of any off-hand :(

Actually, I've just remembered..there's a bit where the Israelites are moaning in the desert about the onions and garlic they no longer are able to eat, that they had in Egypt (there were other foods too, but it's the onion and garlic that always stick in my mind). I find it hilarious that people should be pining after onions and garlic.

If it were nowadays, I expect people would be pining for MacDonald's, or icecream, fish and chips or pizza LOL

Last edited:
Upvote 0