Memphis, TN USA
✟22,092.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I believe in both the gift and the office.

and,

Many who have the gift do not have the office

and,

Many who have the office do not have the gift.

(I also believe this to be true of Apostle, Pastor, Teacher, & Evangelist)

But,

If all I had to go on is what is normally portrayed in Christian media as those who are claimed to be prophets I would be forced to conclude that neither the gift nor the office exists today.

In any event a prophet speaks forth truth that bears witness with the truth already in my heart. Primarily prophecy comes to a believer as confirmation not revelation. I do not need a prophet if I’m in relationship with God. (that for which I was created ) He speaks to me.

John O.

Upvote 0

NaLuvena

Nov 18, 2008
Apia, Samoa
✟10,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You look for the prophet within the prison you have built for yourself.
Is the four walls of the building big enough to contain the Lord.
Does not his sent ones speak in the places the Lord commands.
Those who are the Lords prophets do not seek glory and they do not seek the praise of men. The have been sent out of the four walls and into the world.
They wander the streets and cities looking for opportunities to bring release to the lost. When the church comes out from the prison it has built for itself, there you will find the prophet and there you will find the heart and the work of the Lord.

Actually, I never said the prophet was to be found within 4 walls. That is your assumption.

Upvote 0

Deba

The Lord is my shepherd I shall not want (period)
Jul 8, 2007
An American living in Laos
✟13,167.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
But we do need direction as we seem to be very lost because the church is in decline.

The state of the church does not need to determine your personal spiritual condition. You have a bible and the Spirit of God resides within you.

Below are two verses - decide which one fits you and pray that God will help you walk in that direction.

In fact, though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you the elementary truths of God's word all over again. You need milk, not solid food! Heb 5:12

As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit-just as it has taught you, remain in him.1Jo 2:27

Upvote 0

GrapeGirl

Freakin' ray of sunshyne
May 7, 2008
Nacogdoches, TX
✟17,953.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No it doesn't matter.
We should not be setting our eyes on prophets.
But we do need direction as we seem to be very lost because the church is in decline.

The church is not in decline because of a lack of prophecy. It is in decline because people aren't real with themselves, God, or anyone else and the world sees it and doesn't want to be like that. Also, the church sees this grand hippocrisy due to some emerging writers and teachers and people standing up for truth saying "Lets get back to the basics and get real". The "Church" is in a war with itself. Not with the powers and principalities of the world like they should be. Rather than fighting the enemy, we fight amongst and against ourselves. IMO.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Desperaux

Dec 30, 2008
Mouse Palace, Mousetown
✟1,283.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
The Church's warring is against principalities and powers that have wormed their way into the churches, diluting the message and distracting the flock. Ignoring the gifts and offices that the Holy Spirit anoints us with is a major reason.

The factions that form within the Body are really instigated by the enemy. The people of God have allowed themselves to become blind and deaf to Satan's tactics.

Yes, it is our own fault!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.