intercessor: one who believes (input appreciciated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

marmaladePRO

Dec 17, 2001
Medicine Hat Alberta, Canada
Visit site
✟1,720.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
*all of your input will be appreciated*
i believe that God has laid on my heart a desire & interest in *intercession*, and it is with this desire that i have recently begun digging.
i would love to hear your input regarding intercession and intercessory prayer.
according to Isaiah 59:16 + Mark 6:6 i come to the initial conclusion that an intercessor must believe in *faith*.
>therefore we know how to intercede, prayer of faith!
1Timothy 2:1 states that God exhorts or desires that intercession (among other things) be made for all man... for this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior.
>therfore we know who to intercede for.
Jeremiah 27:18"...and if the word of the Lord be with them, let them make intercession to the Lord of Hosts..."
>here we read who is to intercede and to whom the intercession is addressed!
Then the inital sum of these appears to be:
intercession should be made (on behalf of all man, corporately and individually) by those who have the *word* of the Lord with them (the word is Jesus residing in our renewed Spirits!). And this intercession should be made to our God & Savior the Lord of Hosts.
reading Ezekiel 22:30 i find a loose framework for a prayer that would read: "Oh God, you have sought and found a man that should and will make up a hedge, and stand in the gap before you, an intercessor. The Word of the Lord is with me, let me now make intercession to the Lord of Hosts, in Jesus name."

SOS

Nov 24, 2001
Visit site
✟504.00
The Holy Spirit intercedes for us too.

Rom 8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

Rom 8:27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what [is] the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to [the will of] God.

Jesus also intercedes for us in Heaven.

Rom 8:34 Who [is] he that condemneth? [It is] Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

Upvote 0

marmaladePRO

Dec 17, 2001
Visit site
✟1,720.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
hello everyone, i am very pleased to arrive at work today (early) and find so many responses to my initial post, thank you.
SOS: thank you for adding the scriptures you have, and making note of the intercession made on our behalf by Jesus and the Holy Spirit, i'm sure we can all agree that his intercession on our behalf is *huge*!!! praise God.
Apostle & Fran: thanks for simplifiying my ramblings' into one consise point!
There is a role that we play and i still can't shake the fact that i perceive the station of intercessory prayer (if i can call it that) is possibly somewhat different and very integral to Gods work in our lives corporately and individually, and so that is where my focus is right now.
When i pray or petition regarding myself i first pray (believeing that i receive!) and then, i thank God continually (in faith) that it has/will come to pass. So with standing in the Gap for others, i can see how allowing the Holy Spirit to guide and direct our prayers and attentions is ultimately powerful, and important. Otherwise would i really know when and how to pray... and when and how to continue prayer on someone elses' behalf.
the term *Prayer Warrior* comes to mind, but i'm sure htat is a whole other thread in the future
biggrin.gif

i'm still contemplating, so please continue to participate with this topic...
God Bless,
in Christ
Canada is wonderful, warm and balmy (?) and i am enjoying myself, thank you for asking!

Upvote 0
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by marmaladePRO:
hello everyone, i am very pleased to arrive at work today (early) and find so many responses to my initial post, thank you.
SOS: thank you for adding the scriptures you have, and making note of the intercession made on our behalf by Jesus and the Holy Spirit, i'm sure we can all agree that his intercession on our behalf is *huge*!!! praise God.
Apostle & Fran: thanks for simplifiying my ramblings' into one consise point!
There is a role that we play and i still can't shake the fact that i perceive the station of intercessory prayer (if i can call it that) is possibly somewhat different and very integral to Gods work in our lives corporately and individually, and so that is where my focus is right now.
When i pray or petition regarding myself i first pray (believeing that i receive!) and then, i thank God continually (in faith) that it has/will come to pass. So with standing in the Gap for others, i can see how allowing the Holy Spirit to guide and direct our prayers and attentions is ultimately powerful, and important. Otherwise would i really know when and how to pray... and when and how to continue prayer on someone elses' behalf.
the term *Prayer Warrior* comes to mind, but i'm sure htat is a whole other thread in the future
biggrin.gif

i'm still contemplating, so please continue to participate with this topic...
God Bless,
in Christ
Canada is wonderful, warm and balmy (?) and i am enjoying myself, thank you for asking!
</font>

Hi all: Intercessor or Intercession is a go between. An asking for another, or a action for another. Praying in the Spirit (speaking in tongues)

Romans 8:26

Ephesians 6:18 - "Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints"

Good topic !

Love IN Christ - Hervey

Upvote 0

marmaladePRO

Dec 17, 2001
Visit site
✟1,720.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
welcome to the thread Herv.
smile.gif

"Intercessor or Intercession is a go between. An asking for another, or a action for another. Praying in the Spirit (speaking in tongues)"
So i'm gonna throw in another angle because i'm still searchin' (diggin' etc
biggrin.gif
)...
you mentioned Eph 6:18... and two things stand out to me right now! "Praying always..." & "watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints"
implys to me an ongoing state of intercession, as opposed to what might on the surface look like a McDonalds form of &gt;You've been interceded for, would you like fries with that&lt; intercession.
i realize that a lot of the answers for these questions are to be derived directly from the Holy Spirit, and will depend on individual circumstances, But how long do we pray? Are we to be content with a simple single prayer in intercession, and then move on to another?... or are we to pick up and maintain intercessory prayer for others on an ongoing basis? (all perseverance and supplication)... Does the online community differ from our own community body or immediate family? In my family we will pray continually for one another in regards to certain issues, and we are able to visibly see God work, and healing and answer to prayer come! Online i wonder if the lack of an actual face to interced *for* would limit our perseverance? I'm not discrediting online prayer, i am trying to understand it further so that i can be more a part of it
biggrin.gif

i mentioned at the beginning of this thread "that God has laid on my heart a desire & interest in *intercession*", and this has been strong since arriving at these forums here, so please do not misread my ramblings here
smile.gif
i mean *no* disrespect.
(found a cool word too, HUPERENTUNCHANO : to make a petition or interced on behalf of another, greek
smile.gif
)

Upvote 0
Hi mamaladePro, and thank you for the welcome.

You asked &gt; "But how long do we pray?"

The answer is right there in Ephesians 6:18 - "Praying always". An ongoing part of our prayer life , is to pray always.

You asked &gt; ". Does the online community differ from our own community body or immediate family? In my family we will pray continually for one another in regards to certain issues, and we are able to visibly see God work, and healing and answer to prayer come! Online i wonder if the lack of an actual face to interced *for* would limit our perseverance?"

No , not at all, because praying in the Spirit does not limit God in this intercession for the saints. Jesus Christ told a centurion, whoes servant was sick unto dying. And Jesus told him that his servant would be heald. In faith, the man went home to find his servant healed. The servant was not brought there unto Jesus, when Jesus "interceeded" his prayer for God to heal him. &gt; ref: Matthew 8:5 - 13.

Love IN Christ - Hervey

[This message has been edited by Hervey (edited 22 December 2001).]

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

marmaladePRO

Dec 17, 2001
Visit site
✟1,720.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
evenin' all...
Pray always- yes Herv thanks, my thought though is directly related to an individual prayer request...How often do you pray for a specific prayer, in intercession? but i feel that because it is an ambiguous question, it will depend on the Holy Spirits' leading.
And the Centurion is a *perfect* example of distance in action. *GREAT FAITH*
i didn't make myself clear, my apology...
"limit our perseverance" My emphasis is on *our* perseverence, i'm not calling to question God's limits by any means! ( i'd have to be pretty silly to start that one
biggrin.gif
)... and again maybe my question is for the Holy Spirit based on each individual case? (or is that an easy way to skip the question?)

Upvote 0
marmaladePro :

I believe you have the answers before you ask the questions. I believe that every situation is different for intercession. Prayer should continue until such time that the request for healing, or deliverance is accomplished according to God's time table.

Collosians 1:3

I Thessalonians 3:10

A great record of prayer , pertaining to intercession, is found in the record of the first Gentile to be converted unto Christianity. That would be Cornelius in the book of Acts chapter 10.

Acts 10:4 and Acts 10:30 & 31 & 32 & 33

His prayer, "inteceeded" unto his whole household , including his servants and all those who "heard" the word.

I "pray" this helps.

Love IN Christ - Hervey

Upvote 0

marmaladePRO

Dec 17, 2001
Visit site
✟1,720.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
this is a great thread, thankyou everyone for the input!
Herv "Prayer should continue until such time that the request for healing, or deliverance is accomplished ..." Yes! (and then intercession becomes praise and thanksgiving!
smile.gif
) my internet intercession will rely on the Holy Spirit to guide and direct. (and internet connection will help too
biggrin.gif
)
The voice of my Lord will i hear, and the voice of another i will not follow! (location:?
smile.gif
)
"I "pray" this helps." !!! it has and does, thank you for the scripture, and for the Godly communication, but most of all, i thank you for the "prayer".
i see you've been posting other topics Herv, so i'm off to read them!
In Christ,

Upvote 0
Hi MarmaladePro;
So glad to hear you are pursuing the call to intersede. Please lift up this forum as often as you think of it. I am new here and understand that the forum itself is new. Cyberspace is a wonderful thing especially in these last days. What an efficient way to build each other up in the faith! Keep praying!!! We need you. You are probably being far more effective than you would ever think.
Grace to You

Upvote 0
I've found a gem for you in the treasure of the word.

Wisdom of Soloman 18:21&22
For then the blameless man made haste, and stood forth to defend them; and bringing the shield of his proper ministry, even prayer, and the propitiation of incense, set himself against the wrath, and so brought the calamity to an end, declaring that he was thy servant. So he overcame the destroyer, not with strengh of body, nor force of arms, but with a word subdued he him that punishes, alleging the oaths and covenants made with the fathers.
AWESOME!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
I've found a gem for you in the treasure of the word.

Wisdom of Soloman 18:21&22
For then the blameless man made haste, and stood forth to defend them; and bringing the shield of his proper ministry, even prayer, and the propitiation of incense, set himself against the wrath, and so brought the calamity to an end, declaring that he was thy servant. So he overcame the destroyer, not with strengh of body, nor force of arms, but with a word subdued he him that punishes, alleging the oaths and covenants made with the fathers.
AWESOME!

Upvote 0

Erwin

May 13, 2015
✟216,037.00
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by truthseeker:
Please lift up this forum as often as you think of it. I am new here and understand that the forum itself is new. Cyberspace is a wonderful thing especially in these last days. What an efficient way to build each other up in the faith! Keep praying!!! We need you.</font>

Hi truthseeker,

Thank you for praying for this forums. I truly appreciate your prayers. This forums is built upon the prayers of its members. I want to personally thank everyone who has been praying for this site. This site cannot be what it is today without your prayers.

Keep praying! God bless you all!

Erwin

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.