Catholic Preterist
Apr 15, 2002
New Jersey, USA
Visit site
✟10,659.00
Faith
Catholic
Originally posted by Nick_Loves_Abba
I dunno I just don't see the point of asking prayer from an angel, if Jesus himself is already doing it.

No disrespect to angels WHATSOEVER! Sorry~

Uhm...Catholics don't asking prayers from angels, but from other saints.

Based on what I've read, it's like asking a fellow Christian, "Hey can you pray for me?"

It's that simple.

God bless!

-Jason

Upvote 0

patriarch

Mar 6, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
✟1,052.00
Faith
Catholic
Originally posted by Hoonbaba

Uhm...Catholics don't asking prayers from angels, but from other saints.

Based on what I've read, it's like asking a fellow Christian, "Hey can you pray for me?"

It's that simple.

God bless!

-Jason

Um, St. Raphael is a good buddy of mine. BTW, any young person would be well advised to cultivate his friendship, especially to find their way in life, to find a marriage partner, to keep their purity, etc. He is also the patron saint of good health.

Blessed Josemaria Escriva who will be canonized in October used to pause at every doorway to let his angel go in the room first. It was a just a little gesture by which he indicated his respect for his guardian angel. It was on October second, the Feast of the Guardian Angels, while the bells of a local church were ringing in honor of the feast, that he received the interior understanding of what God wanted him to do as an apostolate. He founded Opus Dei, which has done a great deal of good in the Church and in the world.

Lee

Upvote 0

VOW

Feb 7, 2002
*displaced* CA, soon to be AZ!
Visit site
✟28,000.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
"I confess, to Almighty God,
And to you, my brothers and sisters,
That I have sinned, through my own fault,
In my thoughts, and in my words,
In what I have done, and what I have failed to do,
And I ask Blessed Mary, Ever-Virgin,
And all the angels and saints,
And you, my brothers and sisters,
To pray for me, to the Lord, our God."

Amen.

Peace be with you,
~VOW

Upvote 0

Avila

Boohoo moomoo, cebu
Feb 6, 2002
Indiana
Visit site
✟2,479.00
Faith
Catholic
When Jesus was dying on the Cross, He summoned the disciple He loved, John. Everyone was grieving so, especially His mother. Oh, how it must have hurt her to see her beloved Son in such agony. As a mother myself, just seeing one of my kids sick with a fever or a scraped knee (even as big as they are now, LOL!) turns my heart over in my chest with such sympathy. Jesus was DYING, and He still cared so much for His mother. He told John, "Behold your mother!" and then He told Mary, "Woman, behold your son!"

:cry: :cry: I sooo understand that now!!! Becoming a mother has had the greatest impact on my faith, because I often ask myself "W.W.M.D.?" (What Would Mary Do?) and I can empathize with what she must've felt at different points in Jesus' life. BTW, WWMD? is also a great question to ask when I get frustrated with baby and Daddy - I don't think she'd have reacted the way I do sometimes..... :o

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.