• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Intelligent Life Forms

Discussion in 'The Ancient Way - Eastern Orthodox' started by Niko92, Jul 23, 2015.

1. Niko92

Niko92 Member

+0
    Eastern Orthodox
    Hi All,

Been watching a lot of sic fi stuff recently (i know very geeky too some but big fan) and had a random thought in regards to other intelligent life forms out there.

Now i know this is a massive hypothetical and isn't much use to think or even dwell on about (since it doesn't help our salvation at all) but just out of pure pure curiosity, what would it mean to Orthodoxy if there was other intelligent life forms out there?

Would it undermine God or Jesus Christ in any way?
    Would Jesus' incarnation be less meaningful?

Just looking for a quick general overview from any else who has thought about this at all.

Thanks in advance

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. OliviaMay

OliviaMay Well-Known Member

+110
    Christian
    Married
    It would totally depend on what they said. If they said what is wrong with you people you have the concept of God all wrong people would listen.

Segments of each religion would have extremists who think it is the end of the world and they are demons or some such thing.

3. Cappadocious

Cappadocious Well-Known Member

+825
    Eastern Orthodox
    In Relationship
    US-Others
    By other intelligent life forms I take you to mean life forms that are or can be persons.

Since we're already familiar with plenty of nonhuman persons (God, angels) some more wouldn't be a problem.

4. ArmyMatt

ArmyMatt Regular Member Supporter

+11,559
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Republican
    that God created those creatures for communion with Him like all His creation.

nope

nope

5. prodromos

prodromos Senior Veteran Supporter

+5,563
    Australia
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    We haven't found intelligent life on Earth yet (judging by what we are doing to our planet)

6. Trying_to_be_Orthodox

Trying_to_be_Orthodox Newbie

+28
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Its stupid to say that God crearted only us. Its cockiness to say that God created not only us. (c)

Imho Existence of another forms of life doesnt influence on our salvation. ;)

7. RKO

RKO Member

+1,345
    Catholic
    Whhat about Jesus as God and savior? Is it difficult to think that He died for the sins of beings 1,000,000 light years away who have no idea that he lived? What of Jesus'teaching and Holy Communion? Do they not get the benefit of those things?

8. RobNJ

RobNJ CF Olde Pharte

+3,047
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    Not to mention, on this forum

9. ArmyMatt

ArmyMatt Regular Member Supporter

+11,559
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Republican
    well, His earthly ministry restored all of creation, whether that creation knows it or not

10. Niko92

Niko92 Member

+0
    Eastern Orthodox
    Thanks for the time taken to reply guys.

I think I was thinking more along the lines of what RKO said however I thought even if they had a concept of God or their creator etc etc doesn't mean it has to be the same as ours as there are too many variables and hypotheticals to take into consideration.

Even if it contradicted our view it still wouldn't change a thing.

11. prodromos

prodromos Senior Veteran Supporter

+5,563
    Australia
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    I resemble that comment!